A RPT I'd like to see

Started by Angela Christine, June 27, 2003, 04:34:14 AM

Despite being assigned the northern accent, I think of Luir's Outpost as being more central than northern or southern.  I'm sure the Kuraci consider themselves the center of the known world.  ;)  As long as you have money and you aren't trying to take over, everyone is welcome in Luir's Outpost.

Given it's central location an widespread diplomatic realtions, I'd like to see the Kuraci throw a big event in the outpost and specifically invite nobles and other influential people from BOTH Tuluk and Allanak.  

I haven't heard of peace being offically declared, but the war has at least settled down to a simmering cold war, so northerners and southerners don't attack eachother on sight anymore.  As long as they were in the outpost (and outnumbered by local Kuraci forces) it would be foolish for anyone to do something as crude as starting a physical fight, but cold war diplomacy between implacable enemies is tasty.  

The event would likely be something to do with the fighting pit, so some regional matches could be arranged.  Like Winrothal and Borsail each bringing their best Mul gladiator, and pitting them against eachother to show who is the ultimate slaving house in the known world.  Or free men from each empire could fight for the honour of thier city (perhaps with extra prizes offered to certain fighters by their own government if they prevail, or dire threats against them and their families if they fail).  Mix things up a bit, remind them why they hate the other empire, but without the widespread destruction of a war.  

Well, either that or the Rise of Stienal.  I've seen the movies, I know you can't ever really kill an evil mastermind.  So I assume the God-King of Stienal is still alive and well and planning something eeevil.  Where do you think all those treasure hunters that were lost looking for the ruins of Stienal went?  They aren't dead, they were captured and used as slave labour and in the most preverse breeding program ever devised.  You think muls are abominations?  You ain't seen nothing yet.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

I have two theories:

- Dogs with bees, and when the dogs bark they shoot bees from their mouths.

- Desert Muls. Four arms so they can wield four weapons, three legs so they can kick twice while still balancing on the middle leg.  They sacrifice some strength for Matrix Agent-style Agility.  But they're all devout pacificists, ritualistically cut off their hands, believe their third leg is the root of all the evil in the world so cut it off at birth and take mind-altering drugs to make them move slower than a real-world tree sloth.  Their only weapon is that they bark, and when they bark they shoot bees from their mouths.  Extra-mean bees.

I think this idea has merit, but expand it to all the rare cities, including Red Storm, perhaps Centyr, and others if there are any. RSE?

I like it.  Imagine the tension, the arguments... NOBLE BRAWLING!  :D

The only problem is that I can't really think of a reason why any of the nobles ('nakki ones at least) would bother to go.  'Nakki nobles don't really seem to even acknowledge that any of those northern barbarians could even think of considering themselves nobility.

Kurac recently did just that. It was advertised worldwide as well. Ask around IC to find out how it turned out.

Mekeda

Quote from: "Mekeda"Kurac recently did just that. It was advertised worldwide as well. Ask around IC to find out how it turned out.

Do it again!  Do it again!

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Yes, the southern houses failed to show last time, knowing that they would be publicly humilitated.

We of the best and most noble house in the land under the great Muk Utep
already hold one title....We are ready to collect more.

But I doubt any of the people living under that pansy Tektolnes have the confidence to even begin to think they could even see the crown let alone take it from us.

Maybe they were just unimpressed with the idea of a provincial fighting pit when they have an arena?
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Ahem, as I'm sure the great Shinigami, Doting Supporter of Tektolnes, will tell you as well...

The Shining City of Allanak cares little for the antics of those who offer no -real- threat. Highlord Tektolnes needs proof that those in the North are little more than insects on the horizon.

The eloquently garbed small penguin with a red silk bandana sniffs disdainfully in the presence of those from the north.  8)

lets put the nobles themselves in the pit...
:twisted:
Veteran Newbie

Quote from: "Marauder Moe"I like it.  Imagine the tension, the arguments... NOBLE BRAWLING!  :D

The only problem is that I can't really think of a reason why any of the nobles ('nakki ones at least) would bother to go.  'Nakki nobles don't really seem to even acknowledge that any of those northern barbarians could even think of considering themselves nobility.

Why? Because everybody loves a party.  It gives an excuse for nobles and their servants to break out of town for a while, sometimes those "high ranking" roles can seem like a gilded cage.  Sometimes you want to DO something other than sit around plotting and sending your servants to do your bidding.  I doubt really high ranking nobles would consider it, especially since in the south the Kuraci have a reputation for tretchery because of their actions durring the war with Tuluk, but most PC nobles are of lower rank and would be allowed to go.  Before the war parties in Luir's and Tuluk were popular with the low ranking nobles; it was a chance to have a little adventure, smoke a little spice, and laugh and the antics of the crude barbarians.

As for getting more nobles to show up, I think it would take more than just a post on the IC rumor board.  A Kuraci agent would have to actually go to Allanak (and Tuluk) and personally invite individual PCs to come.  You have to sell it to get a good turn out.

If it works out, then it could become an annual event.  A sort of informal summit of the superpowers ... like the olympics during the cold war.  Everyone struting around trying to look more arrogant than the next guy, while secretly fearing assassins and terrorists around every corner.  

What's not to love?

Angela Christine

Wouldn't be as fun as my big Allanak bashes held in some expensive house rented just for the occassion if I had my Fale noble... But it'd be cool. Over all though... I really think the Allanaki nobles would go even with anything else. People from Allanak KNOW they are better then those filthy mutant barbarians, while the people from Tuluk would go(You know, the ones that CLAIM to be of some sort of noble blood) because they feel the need to go out and prove themselves.

Those that are insecure always feel they need to show that they are better, but in doing show prove they are weak.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

I think though, for the nakky rabble to get the courage to come to the luirs fighting pit, it would need another room/stands across from the current one, besides the elightened folk of the north  would really prefer to not have to be in the same room with all that nakky stink.

And make the stands so you can look across the pit to them:)
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I don't think Allanaki nobles would go to Luirs for a games. They can hold their own games which are much more spectacular and without any mutant northerners :P

Fine, let's fight.

Meet half-way behind the shield wall after training ends for the day and we'll all have a big fight, see who will bow down when you come to our town.

All you Northern wimps, all you feeble Nakkis, let's see if you can spill your guts (literally) as well as you can fill a room with mindless drivel.

Let's get it on!  Last person standing gets to learn how to read and write.

Ah yes, the excitment of the nak arena, thrill to rinthi elf pickpockets getting dismembered by gith and gaj, watch as the mul gladiator rends miner predators but is never put against anything that -might- actually kill it, Gasp in awe as the templar brings in another rinthi elf to stand trial but forgets to close the door and the elf wriggles free of the half-giant and gets away. Cheer as green byn runners put on displays of sheer ineptness with weapons, Boo as a northern prisoner is brought in, given a knife and told if he wins against the anakore he can go free...and he does, so 4 gith are sent in, then cheer again as a mul is sent in to finish him off once he is too weak to be a threat.

Northern barbarians indeed...at least we think watching fair matches of skill is more exciting then simple slaughter.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: "X-D"Northern barbarians indeed...at least we think watching fair matches of skill is more exciting then simple slaughter.
As long as no blood gets spilled lest you all faint  :lol:

John, who thinks we're getting a tad carried away :P

QuoteJohn, who thinks we're getting a tad carried away

Hhhmmm, maybe a little, but it's still kinda fun...besides, there have been lots of rather long strings that basicly consisted of nothing but...

(post one) Muk! Muk! Muk!
(post two) Tektolnes you fool!
(post three) Ya Tek!
(post four) Sun King Forever!

etc etc  :D
Lizzie:

There is at least one person in the north who would not mind seeing a tad of blood now and then...
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

The roaring of the crowd dulls as the tall, well-groomed man enters the central ring while holding a gem-encrusted ivory voice-horn.

Voice rumbling through the stands from below, the tall, well-groomed man bellows through a gem-encrusted ivory voice-horn, in vince-mcmahon accented sirihish;
   "Nobles and paupers, soldiers and veterans, women and children and slaves... thank you all for coming this evening to Liur's Outpost for this
most special treat.  While the fighters prepare, please turn your attentions briefly to the serving girls in the stands which carry every pleasure known.  For our first match, we have... from the north, Lord Pompous Wusrothol fighting the legendary Lord Thundervoice Borsail.  As you can see, the cage is now lowering, and the blue-blooded gladiators are preparred... so Lllllllettttssss geddddrrrrrreeaaddddyyyy toooo RRRRRRRERRRRRRumble!!!!"

I would LOVE to see it happen again, if there's any way possible... but yes, you will *need* to get PCs out there to advertise and convince people to come, or at least incite enough anti-whoever sentiment to wanna whoop ass on those facists/savages.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

It's going on thirty years and maybe it's time to forget, but...what happens when the Kurac betray us aagain nd the northern armies come marching in to kill us all? Does that happen before or after the fighting in the pit?
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Why the hell would the great southern nobles waste their time to look on those dumbass, scubhopping, leafeating northerners when there's a chance of a large turncoat presence -killing- them there?

I mean...its not even worth any decent southerners time -without- the death threat.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I cannot believe that you actually put that in your damned signature.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

If I were playing a Nakki noble and I heard about such a party, my first thought would be that those treacherous, untrustable Kuracis are plotting to betray us.
quote="Lirs"]Sometimes I wonder why I do it.. when reading the GDB feels like death.[/quote]

And that we must blow those in between bastards and their northerner friend SKY fucking high!

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Quote from: "Impska"If I were playing a Nakki noble and I heard about such a party, my first thought would be that those treacherous, untrustable Kuracis are plotting to betray us.

Sure, that would be one of the things you'd be thinking.  But then you'd think that Kurac couldn't  be that stupid.  How would offing a couple junior nobles profit the Kuraci?  Kurac is a merchant house, they want to do buisness in the south, and getting banned from Allanak would cost them money.  An angry Allanak could also make doing buisness in the 'rinth and Red Storm more difficult and costly.

Besides, nobles are a pit of vipers all trying to gain an advantage over one another.  Going to Luirs gives you an opportunity to meet with your northern contacts, and to make new ones.  You know, the contacts you don't admit you have.  Then there is saving face.  If an Oash goes but Tor and Borsail are too scared to get out of bed for the trip . . . how is that going to look?  ;)

We aren't talking about Senators and House Patriarchs here, we're talking about bored junior nobles.  A few dilitantes might even be going for the show, the party and the adventure of leaving the gates.  Parties in Luirs and Tuluk were popular with junior nobles before the war, and that was with rebel snipers behind every tree.  

AC

I have an idea!  How about an RPT where a huge terrifying creature attacks the city, killing guards and citizens.  PC's (from merchant, noble houses and independants) come out en mass to fight it alonside templars and soldiers.

Oh, wait a minute... nevermind.

:)

Quote from: "Anonymous"I have an idea!  How about an RPT where a huge terrifying creature attacks the city, killing guards and citizens.  PC's (from merchant, noble houses and independants) come out en mass to fight it alonside templars and soldiers.

Oh, wait a minute... nevermind.

Heh. Yeah, this sounds hauntingly familiar... Insert painful encounter with huge monster here.  :twisted:

LOL i dont think that was an RPT...Maybe just an odd occurance? Ok who am I trying to kid :)
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

It was a movie. It was a Japanese movie with bad dubbing. I liked it.
It takes two hands to open this safe. The manager has only one.