HRPT

Started by Bogre, November 15, 2009, 10:40:20 PM

And might I add that using multiple GDB accounts to express the same sentiment is a tad... Cheesy?
You give your towering mound of dung to the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh.
the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh sends:
     "dude, how'd you know I was hungry and horny?"

Do you watch disaster movies, Veges?

In it, do the characters get to idle for a while and watch the freeway overpass crumble and fall towards them? No, they step on the gas and pull the car into reverse!

Sdesc is enough for you to "see" what the hell that thing is, but I don't think there is enough time for you to sit and enjoy an mdesc. You should be running the fuck outta there.
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

Quote from: Veges on December 07, 2009, 01:32:51 AM
Throughout the day, I saw people getting admin-launched missiles thrown at them faster than they could seemingly emote a reaction, forcing them to either spam-walk away or suffer unavoidable death. 30 damage pebbles are one thing, but every few seconds, on the same character over and over? X flies in from the north, x flies in from the north, x flies in from the north... if that had been a player, I would immediately have filed a strongly worded complaint.

I saw people standing in the open by the gates when the echo was something like a thousand burning stones are falling from the sky toward your location.

That or people drawing their half stabbing bone spear when the echo was pretty much.. A wave of lava is heading your way!

Reminded me of that South Park in which they tell the students to "Duck and Cover" in case of a volcanic eruption.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Olgaris on December 07, 2009, 01:36:03 AM
Quote from: Veges on December 07, 2009, 01:32:51 AM
I would LOVE a few pre-combat moments to enjoy the thrill, enact the scene ...

You got 24 hours of that.

Sometimes the best thing to do, is not get hit.
I can't agree here enough. The reality is that Armageddon will kill you, and sometimes, the things that come for you are just that deadly. And if you make a mistake, it's made. That's the thing though - you don't always know you've made a mistake until after you have made it. And that's awesome. And you don't always get to take back your mistake.

Yeh, I whined a bit earlier in this thread. Trust me, I deserve to be able to. But I accepted the way this game works a long time ago. So the '50 str mob' was part of the story.

And it's a pretty cool story.

Chapter 53 is done.

Turning to Chapter 54.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

OMG all of that was SO friggin' AMAZING!!!! Everything, from the world sounds to the battle scenes, to the complete and total panic that took over...Great job everyone!

I lived, barely, but I lived!

Allanak was a hot and hoppin' place to be. Just incredible. Can we do it again?
Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz"That is, at least, a step in the right direction, even if it is a step off the Shield Wall."

Quote from: Synthesis on December 07, 2009, 12:03:52 AM
Wow. Crawled out of the bomb shelter just in time for the nuke to land right in my face.

Thought this might be appropriate to reiterate.

Moneymoneymoneymoney!
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

No complaints here being one of the many *beeps* of the night. Though it would've been nice to be awake when I went splat.  :P Needed to grab one of those Zalanthan five hour energy drinks.
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

An HRPT isn't an HRPT without mass sudden death.

That was fun. Thanks, guys. <3

Thanks for the fun guys! I'd like to request a little more deathiness next time thogh... ;)

Quote from: morrigan on December 07, 2009, 02:13:09 AM
Thanks for the fun guys! I'd like to request a little more deathiness next time thogh... ;)
For realz, though. If we just had a plague of locusts, I would've been able to cash in my Biblical disaster bingo scorecard.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Quote from: Bogre on December 06, 2009, 08:59:55 PM
Some music for you guys:

Last night, darkness falling:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCQ6XmsJ8tE&feature=related

As light comes back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCQ6XmsJ8tE&feature=related

The song we'll be singing tomorrow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQZLPV6xcHI

I think you meant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZtQh5EIgWQ

It WAS pretty mighty being in a room full of people cheering "U-TEP U-TEP U-TEP!" As those echoes were happening, or just people staring upwards in stunned silence.  I'm only sad I didn't have a pick pocket this time around.  I TOTALLY would have emoted "em stands there staring at the sky, mouth agape, ^me hand elbow deep in %noble pouch."  Oh well.  I'll have to reconcile myself with that.  :sigh:
You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany.  Except for maybe Allanak."

-Anonymous

I was blown away.

It was a real blast.

This HRPT went off like a bomb.

You guys are on fire!

* Fathi gets chased out of the thread by an angry mob.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

I found myself reaching for my box of tissues, thank you, you have exhausted me like a brutal and sadistic lover and forever on I am your slave... master may I have another..

but let me rest first.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Reh reh, bleh bleh, blah blah blah.. yes thank you... (rabble rabble rabble, peas and carrots, peas and carrots)

(smirks) truely a good time, was a little disapointed when it all stopped... I think stuff like this should happen everyday. ;)

Oh and everyone who ended up cremated in Nak, don't worry I'll collect the ash piles and put them into a cask of wine and sell you for megabucks.... You will be enjoyed yet again.

Cheers all! another successful ass kicking!
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Quote from: perfecto on December 07, 2009, 03:00:23 AM
I think stuff like this should happen everyday. ;)

Buy us the wining lottery ticket.
Ourla:  You're like the oil paint on the canvas of evil.

All I'll say is... wow

and a 16 hour logged in streak is my new record
Squinting at the such-and-such dwarf, the so-and-so woman asks, in sirihish:
     "You put jam in your peenee hole to keep from making baby juice?"

Quote from: Jdr on December 06, 2009, 11:41:02 PM
Quote from: Kassindra on December 06, 2009, 11:39:33 PM
I had fun, hope everyone else died too!  ;D

ftfy!

*eye shift* <3 Seriously though, it was epic. *tips her hat*

I hate that I didn't have a character who had any interest in, or place being on the front lines of the action that went on during the HRPT.  I know I missed all the fun stuff, so I really hope that some well-edited logs will be posted by players or staff at the appropriate time.

Up until the HRPT I knew some crazy shit was going to go down and it was fun to play my character who continued to plan and act as if nothing major was going down.  Well, his whole world has changed.  I'm sure many other PC's are going through the same thing.  It's going to be fun adapting and overcoming new challenges.

I can't wait to see how things develop.  I'm hoping for anarchy....  My, how fun will that be.

That rocked.  As for aforementioned flaming rocks... Bring a shield next time, dummies.  Or a half-giant with a really thick skull.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

Oh, and, uh... Never play through an RPT on your mobile phone.  Once the combat spam starts, it's like riding down a rocky hill in a Radio Flyer.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

To sum up my feelings I did a Google image search for a certain word and picked the very first picture that showed up. I'm not sure it does things justice. You guys rock and it was a pleasure murdering so many of you.

Well.
I did an image search of my own:
Modern concepts of fair trials and justice are simply nonexistent in Zalanthas. If you are accused, you are guilty until someone important decides you might be useful. It doesn't really matter if you did it or not.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on December 06, 2009, 11:27:48 AM
Quote from: LauraMars on December 06, 2009, 11:20:45 AM
This is so totally The Ten Commandments.

I eagerly await the swarms of locust and frogsBalrogs!

I told you so.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.