HRPT

Started by Bogre, November 15, 2009, 10:40:20 PM

Sunday night for me =(

I'll be there but damn will I be exhausted in the morning.

Saturdays & Fridays, ftw?
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Sorry for those that cannot make it. I scheduled the HRPT date as one that was best for me and for other key staff that needed to be there. This was the only date that met that criteria.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Quote from: Adhira on November 19, 2009, 05:28:00 PM
Sorry for those that cannot make it. I scheduled the HRPT date as one that was best for me and for other key staff that needed to be there. This was the only date that met that criteria.

Let me out of the suspense!  Around what time on Sunday will things be kicking off?

We're still debating a couple of details, and then will post the information.  We are aiming for late afternoon/early evening in PST as the main 'action' times, but expect there to be a number of things that may be interesting to people both in the hours before or after that point.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Translation: Stock up on the chips, cookies, beer, and coffee, kids...it's gonna be a long and fun one!
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: Adhira on November 19, 2009, 05:32:53 PM
We're still debating a couple of details, and then will post the information.  We are aiming for late afternoon/early evening in PST as the main 'action' times, but expect there to be a number of things that may be interesting to people both in the hours before or after that point.

PRAISE THE HIGHLORD.

Thoroughly looking forward to this.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on November 19, 2009, 05:35:54 PM
Translation: Stock up on the chips, cookies, beer, and coffee, kids...it's gonna be a long and fun one!

Though I will not prosecute, please don't use my trademarked catchphrase without permission in the future.
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → b a

Quote from: Wasteland Raider on November 19, 2009, 05:47:47 PM

Though I will not prosecute, please don't use my trademarked catchphrase without permission in the future.

"It's gonna be a long and fun one!" ?

That's what she said!

I really hope I'll be able to make this.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: Gimfalisette on November 19, 2009, 05:56:15 PM
Quote from: Wasteland Raider on November 19, 2009, 05:47:47 PM

"It's gonna be a long and fun one!" ?

That's what she said!

Uhm.... I didn't say FUN. Don't hold us to that..

I thought I was going to easily be able to make it - but now, I start a job Sunday, so I might not be able to. Oh well, I don't go in until 9PM EST, apparently, so I might be able to savor at least -some- of the goodness. Maybe I'll just tell them I had something planned before I got the job and that I've -got- to have the day off.

Hrmm.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Don't worry, we planned to exclude you from any fun regardless.
You give your towering mound of dung to the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh.
the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh sends:
     "dude, how'd you know I was hungry and horny?"

Quote from: Olgaris on November 20, 2009, 05:15:59 PM
Don't worry, we planned to exclude you from any fun regardless.
What's new?
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Look on the bright side, you will be one of 3 PC's to survive.  Even a 10 day old Burgler can rule the world with everyone else starting from scratch.  ;)
You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany.  Except for maybe Allanak."

-Anonymous

Quote from: 5 day lifespan on November 21, 2009, 02:28:04 PM
Look on the bright side, you will be one of 3 PC's to survive.  Even a 10 day old Burgler can rule the world with everyone else starting from scratch.  ;)

Unless those others happen to be mages
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Or at least until a newbie warrior is rolled into the world to kill the 10-day burglar. :D
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

Quote from: Jdr on November 21, 2009, 05:02:17 PM
Or at least until a newbie warrior is rolled into the world to kill the 10-day burglar. :D

Or the burglar is trying to travel across the wastes and accidentally runs into a hostile 0-day ranger who spent their starting 'sid on a mount and a weapon.

Quote from: hyzhenhok on November 21, 2009, 06:10:06 PM

Or the burglar is trying to travel across the wastes and accidentally runs into a hostile 0-day ranger who spent their starting 'sid on a mount and a weapon.

Psh, there are no 0-day rangers out in the wastes.  They're all rogue 'gickers in "disguise."
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Quote from: Pale Horse on November 21, 2009, 10:41:42 PM
Quote from: hyzhenhok on November 21, 2009, 06:10:06 PM

Psh, there are no 0-day rangers out in the wastes.  They're all rogue 'gickers in "disguise."

To the east, a male voice shouts, in sirihish,
  "Burn her! We've found a witch! We've found a witch! A witch! A witch! A witch!"
An angry horde of people has arrived from the east, dragging the weathered, silt-toned lass.
An angry horde of people asks the burly, war-braided templar, politely, in sirihish,
  "We have found a witch. May we burn her?"
The burly, war-braided templar looks at the weathered, silt-toned lass.
The burly, war-braided templar says, in sirihish,
  "Quiet! Quiet! Quiet! Quiet! There are ways of telling whether she is a witch."
The weathered, silt-toned lass exclaims, desperately, in sirihish,
  "I can ride th' storms! Lord Templar!"
Nonplussed, an angry horde of people looks at the weathered, silt-toned lass.
An angry horde of people exclaims, with an air of sudden inspiration, in sirihish,
  "Caravan guidin' witch!"
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on November 21, 2009, 11:58:28 PM
To the east, a male voice shouts, in sirihish,
  "Burn her! We've found a witch! We've found a witch! A witch! A witch! A witch!"
An angry horde of people has arrived from the east, dragging the weathered, silt-toned lass.
An angry horde of people asks the burly, war-braided templar, politely, in sirihish,
  "We have found a witch. May we burn her?"
The burly, war-braided templar looks at the weathered, silt-toned lass.
The burly, war-braided templar says, in sirihish,
  "Quiet! Quiet! Quiet! Quiet! There are ways of telling whether she is a witch."
The weathered, silt-toned lass exclaims, desperately, in sirihish,
  "I can ride th' storms! Lord Templar!"
Nonplussed, an angry horde of people looks at the weathered, silt-toned lass.
An angry horde of people exclaims, with an air of sudden inspiration, in sirihish,
  "Caravan guidin' witch!"

:D

I hope I will be involved in this one. I don't think I've been involved in a HRPT since 2006 or late 2005. Depressing.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

Quote from: Delstro on November 22, 2009, 12:25:12 AM
I hope I will be involved in this one. I don't think I've been involved in a HRPT since 2006 or late 2005. Depressing.

Same, but that was my fault for not being around.  Man, I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be there, but ultimately, finding a job ASAP is more important to me right now.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

I absolutely HAVE to ask for next sunday off tomorrow. If I don't make this RPT I'll probably die.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

There has only been one HRPT since the Copper War in 2006--in 2007, the gith invasion of Allanak. So it's not like you've missed scads of them :)

Quote from: Gimfalisette on November 22, 2009, 12:29:15 AM
There has only been one HRPT since the Copper War in 2006--in 2007, the gith invasion of Allanak. So it's not like you've missed scads of them :)

This is actually the first HRPT since I started playing. I remember for the my first characters, I would be writing "parents died in the Copper War" in their backgrounds and the established PC's I was interacting with still had recent memories of the gith invasion.