subdue

Started by Fredd, November 03, 2009, 07:12:40 PM

ok this is a code question but it's something that i sorta need to know.

If someone is say, a house guard, can he subdue someone on that Houses property without being crim flagged?
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

I believe that this is the case. I think it was a change put in several years ago.

Generally speaking, crim code does not apply in areas of the city which are private to an individual or organization.

Inside an organization's private area, you probably should be very careful that you do not accidentally bring the wrath of clan NPCs down on your intended target or yourself by taking coded action.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on November 03, 2009, 07:17:29 PM
Generally speaking, crim code does not apply in areas of the city which are private to an individual or organization.

Inside an organization's private area, you probably should be very careful that you do not accidentally bring the wrath of clan NPCs down on your intended target or yourself by taking coded action.

im trying not to get specific here so bear with the extream vaguaries (trying to keep within the rules)

but the area IS public, but owned by a noble house. recently someone that shouldnt have been there (because he was no longer allowed to enter the place due to his own stupidity) tried to gain entrance.  would i be able to subdue and toss him out without militia rushing in a moment later and arresting me? (kinda defeats the purpose if a guard cant guard, heh but i want to make sure)
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

November 03, 2009, 08:03:47 PM #4 Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 08:05:44 PM by Lizzie
Slightly more detailed...

Within a coded clan's coded area (such as an estate, or a compound), there will often be a special area designated for sparring. In those areas, the subdue skill will work without causing problems. UNLESS...

UNLESS there is an NPC in the same room. Then, it -might- cause problems, or might not, depending on your character's rank, the victim's rank, and the NPC's rank.

When in doubt, this is one of those things you could probably feel comforable asking in game, using the OOC command.

Edited to address the latest posted question:

Generally speaking you won't get crim-flagged within your noble boss's property, as Gimf said. But you'd still need to be careful of the NPC guards who work for the noble house. Sometimes they'll go wonky on employees who are just trying to protect their employers. I'd wish up, to be sure.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Lizzie on November 03, 2009, 08:03:47 PM
Slightly more detailed...

Within a coded clan's coded area (such as an estate, or a compound), there will often be a special area designated for sparring. In those areas, the subdue skill will work without causing problems. UNLESS...

UNLESS there is an NPC in the same room. Then, it -might- cause problems, or might not, depending on your character's rank, the victim's rank, and the NPC's rank.

When in doubt, this is one of those things you could probably feel comforable asking in game, using the OOC command.

Edited to address the latest posted question:

Generally speaking you won't get crim-flagged within your noble boss's property, as Gimf said. But you'd still need to be careful of the NPC guards who work for the noble house. Sometimes they'll go wonky on employees who are just trying to protect their employers. I'd wish up, to be sure.

thanks that answers me as well as it could, i tried the ooc command, no one wanted to answer, due to the rules on code discussion, so i thought i might ask here.

thanks again

November 04, 2009, 01:06:21 AM #6 Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 01:33:18 AM by MarshallDFX
Wait so:

>look
>You are in the clan hall.
>the clanned NPC is standing here.
>
>The unclanned jerk insults clan-master.
>The clanned PC exclaims, in sirihish:
    "I'll kill you for that!"
>The clanned PC attacks the unclanned jerk.

How does the clanned NPC react?  I have often wondered this kind of stuff myself.

Quote from: MarshallDFX on November 04, 2009, 01:06:21 AM
Wait so:

>look
>

How does the clanned NPC react?  I have often wondered this kind of stuff myself.

The clanned npcs will assist the clanned pc in destroying the unclanned pc.

I think this sort of behavior is generally discouraged unless there is good reason for it, though.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

I have seen the clan-master attacked by clanned NPC, when clan-master attacked clanned-PC.

If both parties are clanned, the attacker will be attacked by the clan npcs, even if the attackee is Level 1 and the attacker is Level 80.  Level 1 would have to be booted from the clan before the npcs will take Level 80's side.  This is why certain paranoid people have sworn never to join clans again.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: LauraMars on November 04, 2009, 01:19:15 AM
Quote from: MarshallDFX on November 04, 2009, 01:06:21 AM
Wait so:

>look
>

How does the clanned NPC react?  I have often wondered this kind of stuff myself.

The clanned npcs will assist the clanned pc in destroying the unclanned pc.

I think this sort of behavior is generally discouraged unless there is good reason for it, though.

unless this place is pubically open. i had my question answered more fully on my clan forum (once i got it, and since i could be more specific to the place)

If the place is open to the public to walk in, a PC guard essentially has to call the local law.