everythings broke.

Started by Fredd, October 31, 2009, 07:54:34 AM

just thought i would point out everything is down, but the forums it seems.
cant connect via mud client, no DNS.
And the website seems to not exest except in google cache
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

October 31, 2009, 08:01:28 AM #1 Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 08:04:12 AM by Jestor
Looks like there was an issue with the autorewnewal of armageddon.org.  Someone on staff will need to contact TUCOWS who is the registrar.  If any assistance is needed I would be glad to help.

In the mean time, for anyone the needs to connect you can use the IP address.

WEB SITE: http://64.252.79.51

TELNET: 64.252.79.51 4050
Nothing to see here

Quote from: Jestor on October 31, 2009, 08:01:28 AM
Looks like there was an issue with the autorewnewal of armageddon.org.  Someone on staff will need to contact TUCOWS who is the registrar.  If any assistance is needed I would be glad to help.

In the mean time, for anyone the needs to connect you can use the IP address.

WEB SITE: http://64.252.79.51

TELNET: 64.252.79.51 4050

You sir, are a good man.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

I'm not sure what you were seeing earlier, but I can get to Armageddon.org just fine by domain name.  Please post if you are still having issues.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

I concur.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

Still...
QuoteSorry, we can't find "www.armageddon.org". We suggest that you check the spelling of the web address or search above.

I can also verify that armageddon.org / www.armageddon.org are not working for me.

To verify, I had to use the numerical address this morning to connect to Armageddon.

Something is off somewhere.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Ditto with the numbers to get to the web site.

Had to use the telenet address to connect to the game, instead of gink.blah blah blah.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Quote from: Morgenes on October 31, 2009, 10:40:33 AM
I'm not sure what you were seeing earlier, but I can get to Armageddon.org just fine by domain name.  Please post if you are still having issues.

Quote from: jcljules on October 31, 2009, 10:50:12 AM
Quote from: tortall on October 31, 2009, 10:47:27 AM
Uh, I'm not having any problems connecting the regular way....

The internet has a bunch of DNS name servers that store server names with their IP addresses. Each of these servers will receive the news that "armageddon.org" doesn't point to 64.252.79.51 anymore, within the next 24 hours. When this thread was posted, "armageddon.org" still worked for me, too. Now it doesn't. And soon it won't work for you either.

It must have not hit you yet, Morgenes - it hadn't gotten to me yet either when the thread was first posted.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

Ya, my dns hasn't been updated yet apparently.

We are in process of getting this fixed, sorry for the inconvenience.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

October 31, 2009, 12:36:25 PM #12 Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 12:38:14 PM by Lizzie
It seems to be running again now.

Or not. Wow that was fast. I clicked my arm bookmark and got in fine, came here to post, clicked the link to the arm site on the top of the page, and boom. No access again.

....annnnnnd....back up again. All this within a 90 second span.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

confirming that using the ip address works for some reason, but the  site ect doesnt.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Everything is working fine for me.  I haven't even had to resort to using the IP.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

Quote from: jcljules on October 31, 2009, 10:51:27 AM
The internet has a bunch of DNS name servers that store server names with their IP addresses. Each of these servers will receive the news that "armageddon.org" doesn't point to 64.252.79.51 anymore, within the next 24 hours. When this thread was posted, "armageddon.org" still worked for me, too. Now it doesn't. And soon it won't work for you either.

Quote from: Aaron Goulet on October 31, 2009, 03:16:40 PM
Everything is working fine for me.  I haven't even had to resort to using the IP.

Your time will come.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

Thank you, Arm staff, for doing your best to fix the problem promptly.

Just as an FYI: Looks like the domain is in the correct state and should be good in under 24 hours for everyone from the time bolded below.

Domain Name:ARMAGEDDON.ORG
Created On:31-Oct-1996 05:00:00 UTC
Last Updated On:02-Nov-2009 14:55:42 UTC
Expiration Date:30-Oct-2010 04:00:00 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Tucows Inc. (R11-LROR)
Nothing to see here

I was able to email an @armageddon.org address early this morning with no issues, so it does look like things are getting back to normal ...

... Unless my client stopped telling me there was a problem, in which case my clan report has been lost to the infinite series of tubes.

seems normal now, connected via armageddon.org normally

of course this is after the rpt!

yay luck! lol