knife making, spear making, and analyze.

Started by Fredd, October 05, 2009, 06:55:03 PM

um ok so i have had these skills across a few pc's right. everything i analyze gets no echo at all on analyze. like my obsidian daggers.

i also try the "craft" command on a bunch of things i have been told in game can be made into these items and get nothing.

some help from more experienced peeps please!
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Join Salarr. That is your best bet for learning this stuff. This kind of crafting detail falls under the heading of "IC info you must learn in game."
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

If you analyze something and it shows nothing, that item is not craftable.

Quote from: Fredd on October 05, 2009, 06:55:03 PM
um ok so i have had these skills across a few pc's right. everything i analyze gets no echo at all on analyze. like my obsidian daggers.

If no echo comes back, they aren't craftable.

Analyze will yield one of the five following results:

An uncraftable item
     (you get no echo at all)

An item you don't have the coded skill to make.
     (You don't know how that's made)

An item you have the skill to craft.
     (a list of the products you need to craft it)

Items you can make, but your skill is not yet high enough.
     (you're unsure how that's made)

Items you can't make, because they are clan specific.
     (you do not recognize its craftsmanship)

That's from help analyze.

i also try the "craft" command on a bunch of things i have been told in game can be made into these items and get nothing.

Then you probably can't craft the object yet. Try looking for a simpler thing to make.

um so info about the skill, and how to use them falls under ic info?

and i knowobsidian daggers are craftable. i MUST be doing somehting wrong.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Quote from: Fredd on October 05, 2009, 06:59:01 PM
um so info about the skill, and how to use them falls under ic info?

Why don't you IM Cutthroat if you think you have a syntax question. Syntax is not IC info, but recipes and ingredients definitely are. Don't post your question here, though. Just IM him and ask--he'll let you know if you're messing up the syntax, or if you should learn what you seek IC.

help knife making

> craft shard into obsidian knife

> craft granite into crude stone knife

> craft length into sharp bone knife

> craft piece unpolished into moonstone-inlaid bone dagger

> craft packet piece into purple-hilted throwing knife

You suddenly have 5 recipies to try out. It 'is' possible, that your skill is not high enough to craft any of them. Next step would be ... find a mentor. Find a tool that helps you (Majority of tools that say they will help with a certain craft ... do. Use assess)  It is possible that even with tools you still suck too much to use the recipies given. In which case ... you either find a recipie that's easier by trial and error or ... find a mentor. Finding mentors really helps you out.

Not only do mentors help, but forming that kind of relationship can do all sorts of other awesome things for your PC in game! Relationships FTW.

Fredd, check out this link:
http://armageddon.org/intro/helpers.php

Get with any of us for all your newbie questions. We might bite, but it hurts so good. 8)
Amor Fati

Also, where you are when you're trying to craft, can have -some- effect on your ability to craft things. For instance:

If you are trying to craft, for example, honey-glazed fruit-studded loaves of yeasty bread. At night, with no moons out, in the middle of a sandstorm, on the salt flats, with no campfire. It's very possible that you will have a tough time making those loaves in that kind of situation. It's also possible that when you type "craft honey fruit flour yeast" you'll end up with "You don't think you can make anything from that."

However, if you're beside a fire pit, on a crisp clear day, with no breeze for the flour to blow around in, and you are holding a spatula and have a frying pan on a crackling campfire, it's entirely possible that your loaves will not only be plentiful, but delicious!

That's just a hypothetical. It varies depending on the situation.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Also, a good many items have the same sdesc, but are infact different items (they will have a different main description). So in your case you can maybe craft obsidian daggers, but different ones to those that you are looking at.