Wow...

Started by Cerelum, September 29, 2009, 05:13:27 PM

I actually just got my first burglar character able to actually be somewhat thiefly... I'd almost given up on using the steal command from ten or so past theives that it lead towards instant death, but now that the night time is as criminally cool as it is... I am loving being a thief...

Kudos to staff for making night-time awesome for practicing skills that normally get you beheaded.

Definitely one of the best changes, I was doubly pleased to see that it didn't turn into a stabfest rinthwar 2.0 the moment the sun went down in any city-state.

The crimcode change and the npc soldier flurry doomtrain teh beepage are the best city upgrades this game has evar seen.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Did they always run away when they catch ya?  I never noticed that before.

It was like THIEF THIEF, and so and so flees

I was like...wow...oh wait, I better get the hell outta here.

They do what is natural of them do. Some run away. I think you better find out IC.

alright, I think I retract my praise as some guards materialized outta nowhere in the middle of the night...

I looked in all directions...grumble.

Quote from: Cerelum on September 29, 2009, 05:13:27 PM
I'd almost given up on using the steal command from ten or so past theives that it lead towards instant death

...You are putting 'nosave arrest' on right? I've never had a problem with keeping thieves alive from NPCs.

Quote from: HTX on September 30, 2009, 07:19:43 AM
I'd almost given up on using the steal command from ten or so past theives that it lead towards instant death

...You are putting 'nosave arrest' on right? I've never had a problem with keeping thieves alive from NPCs.

I think it starts on now.

Quote from: Cerelum on September 30, 2009, 02:34:54 AM
alright, I think I retract my praise as some guards materialized outta nowhere in the middle of the night...

I looked in all directions...grumble.

Dude, guards move around. Also some rooms are described as bustling and busy even in their night descriptions, so maybe you virtually aren't safe from the law absolutely everywhere.

Big Brother is watching.

On this note... I have to agree, it's a good change and has made it more realistic... but at the same point, I would never depend on it.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

Quote from: HTX on September 30, 2009, 07:19:43 AM

Yeah I have not died to NPC's unless I downright refused to be caught, fleeing a bunch, but normally the templar kills ya anyways.

Quote from: Cerelum on September 30, 2009, 01:20:49 PM
Yeah I have not died to NPC's unless I downright refused to be caught, fleeing a bunch, but normally the templar kills ya anyways.

If you're dying to the templar every time, then ur doin it wrong.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on September 30, 2009, 01:22:49 PM
Quote from: Cerelum on September 30, 2009, 01:20:49 PM

If you're dying to the templar every time, then ur doin it wrong.

If you're dying to the templar any time you didn't intend to,* then ur doin it wrong.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Since he's complaining about it, I assumed he didn't intend to :D
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Yes I debated having two stacks of coins, my get out of jail alive coin pouch and my use it coin pouch.

No I didn't intend to, but both times I was broke, so that pretty much equals death.

Not really ... begging and promising to pay them if they let you go is pretty cool. Then you're PC is out of the slammer ... but ... with a deadline to meet or he's going to wish he'd died already.

Makes for good RP.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: Cerelum on September 30, 2009, 10:39:56 PM
Yes I debated having two stacks of coins, my get out of jail alive coin pouch and my use it coin pouch.

No I didn't intend to, but both times I was broke, so that pretty much equals death.

A 'Rinther I played had like five separate coin stashes in his equipment, including a "please don't kill me" bribe, heh.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

There's other ways to "pay" a templar to get out of jail, too, that don't involve money.

Like services.

No, I'm not (necessarily) talking about sex.

Trying to bribe a Lirathan with a night of ecstasy is probably not the best of ideas. :D
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on October 01, 2009, 08:14:15 AM
Trying to bribe a Lirathan with a night of ecstasy is probably not the best of ideas. :D

Potential payoff is = to risk factor

A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Majikal on October 01, 2009, 08:20:41 AM
Quote from: FantasyWriter on October 01, 2009, 08:14:15 AM

Potential payoff is = to risk factor

true
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

LOL, I would definately give someone a shit ton of cool points if I saw them try and bribe a templar with sex, specifically since that's supposed to be so taboo.

I don't think I could do it, even if I didn't like the character, cause I am pretty sure it wouldn't end well at all.