new skill: feign death

Started by Lenny Poppo, September 17, 2009, 04:05:21 PM

Whenever I see this thread, I can't help but think, "How MMO," and a little part of me dies.  Please, no.  That's just my first problem.

My second problem?  You can't attack dead things in this game.  With the behead proposal above you can ensure something stays dead, sure, but what about people with bludgeoning and piercing weapons?  They should be able to bash your head in or stab you in the throat while you're lying on the ground and make that same assurance to themselves.

My third problem?  If it isn't made possible for bludgeoning and piercing weapons to finish someone off, I see everyone carrying around a slashing or chopping weapon just so they can behead people... and that's ridiculous.  You should be able to ensure that something is dead without carrying around 'your beheading axe.'

Fourth problem?  Every twink PK is going to result in a beheading as soon as this is implemented and even the non-twinks will start beheading people more often when it doesn't make nearly as much sense.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

- You can fake your death in MMO's?
- well if the feign death code were real, then you would have no idea that someone faking death were in fact, faking their death. They would simply be dead to you. So beheading them would simply be unneeded. I don't think I've once walked by something and beheaded it before skinning it alive or just walking by it.
- True. mace behead: you squash the head of the tall muscular man. knife behead: you cut the throat of the tall muscular man (but that's not beheading...)
- Yep. Twinks would do that.

hmm... maybe behead should have a waiting time.
twink pk example after a twinky raid:
the body of the tall muscular man is here.
>behead tall
You raise your axe to behead the man.
... six or so seconds later
you behead the body of the tall muscular man.

Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

October 31, 2009, 12:12:07 PM #52 Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 12:14:44 PM by Akoto
Quote from: Chettaman on October 31, 2009, 11:58:28 AM

Yep!

In the original EverQuest, the monk class had the ability to feign death. It was a common tactic for them to pull groups of monsters from a dangerous area, run back to the party, and then use the ability. Better armored party members would then pick up the aggression of the lured beasties, who had (ideally) been fooled by the ruse.

Quote from: Akoto on October 31, 2009, 12:12:07 PM

Yep!

In the original EverQuest, the monk class had the ability to feign death. It was a common tactic for them to pull groups of monsters from a dangerous area, run back to the party, and then use the ability. Better armored party members would then pick up the aggression of the lured beasties, who had (ideally) been fooled by the ruse.

Pull!

Oh shit adds!

Get the necro =(

Quote from: Akoto on October 31, 2009, 12:12:07 PM

Yep!

Hunters in World of Warcraft also have the skill, which is used for much the same purpose.  Also, pvp.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Misdirection is for pulling.
Feign death is so you can attempt to un-fuck a fucked up pull you made while trying to get in position to use misdirection.... and to annoy people in pvp.

At least I think that's the name of the skill... been awhile.
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11
Quote from: Yam on March 18, 2011, 09:57:04 AM
There's really nothing wrong with a pretty boy in a dress.