Suiciding: The Unspoken Rule

Started by Blackisback, September 09, 2009, 02:15:41 PM

I have stored characters with stats some people would die for. (I was so bored)

I have killed a character whose stats make me die. (literally, my first char to ever see what is down that well. I want to see the sewers, ok? Wasn't watching hp...)

Stats may command my interest for the first playing day, but after that, I would store only if I am bored. Usually, I am bored enough to not care about waiting 1 week for a staff to store my char so I can make a new one.  Usually do this between long lived chars. After each one lived ones, there are around 3-5 stored characters within one playing day.

If people want to suicide.... can you do it near me so I can get your boots pls?

Oh, so yes, free choice.
Don't piss me off. I'm running out of places to hide the bodies.

Quote from: Fathi on September 12, 2009, 01:24:56 AM
I'm surprised I don't have account notes about how often I suicide my characters because I imagine about 3/4 of my character deaths are so stupid they look like they were suicides.

Like the time I was sitting there, watching my assassin get chewed on by a scrab and said, "Hey look! The scrab is biting me but my HP total isn't going down!"

It was about one bite before the mantis head that I realised I was looking at my stamina points.

I bet I can beat Fathi for absolutely retarded deaths.

Quote from: Fathi on September 12, 2009, 01:24:56 AM
Like the time I was sitting there, watching my assassin get chewed on by a scrab and said, "Hey look! The scrab is biting me but my HP total isn't going down!"

Proof the Highlord exists!
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

I have never had to wait a week before getting stored, even if I was storing a character in ongoing plots for whatever reason. Staff has always been incredibly accommodating and usually I've gotten characters stored faster than it takes to get a new character approved.

I've only suicided a character once and it had nothing to do with stats, just boredom and being rather new to the game. It took a good few hours to actually die, and I even had a little mini adventure on the way. In fact, it was proving so difficult to die that I actually decided to live. Of course, it was on the way to the city around the corner that I encountered stuff that immediately killed my character.

I wouldn't call that a suicide so much as irony.

Haha.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I have never suicided. Died because of bad stats, perhaps, yes, done suicidal things, yes, but never intentionally killed off a character. I generally put a lot of thought into my characters and grow attached to them before they hit the gameworld- even if they are a weakling or will snap like a twig.

I mean the thing is stats really don't matter a great deal if you know how to keep a character alive and viable. Yes, each of the stats are important and having good stats can make things nice. And not having to worry about carrying stuff or getting one-shotted by a tregil, etc, is cool. But stats are probably viable at two positions: for getting an edge in the beginning and at the top reaches of characterdom (you getting an edge for having 40 more hp than the other uber warrior you're fighting). In the middle, it's really your skills (gained and lack-of both) keeping you above the newbies and getting whacked on by the powerful. And since the majority of characters are new to middling- keeping a character alive and gaining those skills puts you in the advantaged group.

My two sid.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

I'd believe that rot about skills > stats, but being a 50-day old character who gets regular combat training suddenly trounced by someone with ZERO combat skill and experience, purely because of stats, proves the sentiment wrong. Sorry. No. Wrong.
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

Disclaimer:  Stats do matter, if you are talking about different races.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Quote from: Twilight on September 14, 2009, 09:01:31 PM
Disclaimer:  Stats do matter, if you are talking about different races.

Yeah, it's not exactly the same thing when we're talking about a 50 day warrior humanfighting a 5 day warrior mul/half-giant. All they need is one hit.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

As much as everyone cares about the genital-club contest going on about people's 50 day whatevers, I'm trimming down the fat on this thread to get it back on topic.

So by all means, continue without your syntheticsight modifiers.
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill