The echo "you"

Started by Northlander, August 27, 2009, 06:15:36 PM

Quote from: Xio on August 30, 2009, 12:32:17 AM
Personally, it makes RP a bit easier for me if I'm looking at it from third-person. Doesn't mess with my immersion, just changes my mental approach so I don't slip my own personal feelings and such into my RP.

Same here.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Not seeing "you"s when talking to 2-3 people with same height as yours and same cloaks with hoods up -will- be tricky.

What's really cool is when you've been playing with the same group for long enough that you still know who's saying what because you recognize their speech patterns.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I hear you (Xio) say:

Quote from: Xio on August 30, 2009, 12:32:17 AM
I think this could/would be a pain in the genital regions of your fingers. But it'd be nice IMO if there was some toggle somewhere for seeing things in pure Third-person, or from your character's perspective. Personally, it makes RP a bit easier for me if I'm looking at it from third-person. Doesn't mess with my immersion, just changes my mental approach so I don't slip my own personal feelings and such into my RP.

This proposal is for Arm 2.0, by the by

I'm trying to figure out how what I said here, doesn't fulfill this desire:

Quote from: Morgenes on August 28, 2009, 03:32:41 PM
For the record, the perspective command in Arm 2 supports first (I/me), second (you), and third (sdesc), it handles verb conjugation so long as you specify it in the third person as you do today.

So you must do your emotes like:

> emote smiles at ~bob.
You smile at the talk, dark, and handsome man.

Note that if you use the second/first person:

> emote smile at ~bob.
You smile at the tall, dark, and handsome man.

It looks right to you, but everyone else will see:

The short, stubby man smile at the tall, dark, and handsome man.

So long as you can keep the Arm 1 mindset in how you phrase your emotes, you'll get your cake and eat it too in Arm 2.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff