Physicians

Started by Irathu, July 24, 2009, 07:07:49 AM

I think X-D speaks the truth.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: X-D on July 25, 2009, 07:29:58 AM
When I am playing a leader type in a combat heavy clan, I try REALLY hard to get a phys sub PC in clan or at least a ranger willing to fill that spot.  Both unfortunatly are pretty hard to do. 

I've see ONE real physician IG in almost three years, meaning not a hunter/physician or guard/physician... someone who's only "job" was that of physician.
I would give him a huge shout-out for his awesomeness but it was too recent.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on July 25, 2009, 02:18:56 PM

If you're talking about "The Doctor", I would agree, it was nice to see around.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on July 25, 2009, 02:41:32 PM
Quote from: FantasyWriter on July 25, 2009, 02:18:56 PM

If you're talking about "The Doctor", I would agree, it was nice to see around.

I don't -think- we're talking about the same one.
I will say he was a breed. And he was teh awesome.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

We're talking about the same one then, I believe, I just always called him "The Doctor" in my head. So I'd be like "I need the doctor... Oh yeah. THE DOCTOR!"

It was sure nice having an almost full-time physician around. Bandages and cures may be "easy" to get, but physicians aren't coin-ops. They can really be the deciding factor on saving a PCs life, or messing up and ending it.

Thought: Roll a physician in Tuluk. They don't have any of the magickers that purportedly can heal you, and may likely be in more need for someone of mundane healing skills.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

The most fun I had as a physician wasn't randomly bandage folks that got fucked up by beasties codedly or whatever but from people that wanted to make up needs for someone versed in some herbal lore, both documented and some not documented. There's a lot of herbal plants out there that treat symptoms that aren't coded affliction.

Efiliq is a muscle relaxant, also, funny enough my pc got his name from this plant.
Asfadalar gives pleasant, dreams
Joylilt repels insects and nightfevers
Maidenflower for those wanting a babeh

There's all sorts of awesome plants out there you could develop tasks and even plots out of.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Majikal on July 25, 2009, 06:45:15 PM
There's all sorts of awesome plants out there you could develop tasks and even plots out of.

Yup. Done this before and its awesome.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

"GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY FIELD HOSPITAL!"

>kick mantis
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.