Code suggestion. One hit no retalition, like a nosave

Started by Dracul, June 13, 2003, 02:29:08 PM

I recently had an rp session that ended up getting pretty messy from the watching or even doing view as we tried to correct things with code.

they .couldve. simply been rped out, but eh, didnt happen that way.

was a situation where the other char dragged me out somewhere, stabbed me, and then rped with me. I figured it was pretty much a once shot attack, bu then my character automatically start fighting back.
flee - you flee west
east

commence rp
acutally happened a few times...and as I said was generally messy. but it made me think, what does nosave do, kills your save check.

if you could 'accept' a hit. without initiating combat, it could be useful for including single hit codes.

*Shrug* its an idea, I figure the response which is reasonable woudl be to just rp it out. but having coded effects is useful too though, to actually stab someone rather than pretend to. but when you do, the other character always fights back, if you could someone disable that, for say, one hit. it wouldnt be as messy as trying to flee to end combat
Veteran Newbie

Yeah there was that "touch command" which kind of worked on that principal though I don't think it actually ever did damage or anything like that. Maybe a singlehit command? Something that required a consent and was designed for RP purposes i.e. like if your character usually wouldn't fight back or if at that point they wouldn't, sort of thing?

singlehit <target>

Do you wish to accept a hit?
>yes

The skanky elf stabs you with a rusty dagger lightly!

continue RP.

Yes...perhaps you could toggle "backsies" to off, as in "you're it, no backsies!"

:)
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

I think something to slow down PC vs PC combat would be alot of fun, but sometimes it's hard to do.

Like I've seen it down where if both people have the thing toggled on combat goes one round and stops. Or something similar. If neither or one have it toggled on it doesn't do anything.

And the no backsies would be great for a concept I have going... But we won't go into that.

Creeper
21sters Unite!