Breaking your lease.

Started by Winterless, June 25, 2009, 03:01:45 PM

Yeah, that's what I'm saying...stuff that would obviously be illegal wouldn't be put up for sale.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Lizzie on June 25, 2009, 09:56:21 PM
How: There are often buidings with multiple apartments available at the same time. It'd be easy to rent apartment 3 - go in, take what you need, drag it to the hallway or pay a pal to hold it while you go back to the agent and rent apartment 7. Go upstairs, loot apartment 7, go back downstairs and rent apartment 1. Rinse, repeat, for however many apartments are rentable, for however much stuff you and your pal can carry. Then drag it all into the apartment you actually want to live in, and you've got it made for the next 10 RL days. By then you've sold off all the stuff from the first 3 apartments, and can now afford the one you're in for the next 2 game-years.

Hence why I purposed the time delay.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Lizzie, any code can be abused and that seems like abusing so I'm sure the Staff would most definitely notice someone attempting to abuse the rent code.

If it's not IC, you shouldn't be doing it. Just because someone -can- rent and re-rent rooms just to get all the good "loot" doesn't mean it's good "form".

I approve of the OP's idea and would very much like to see this implimented IG.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

You're making it all too complicated. I love the original idea. Ability to cancel the rent. If you want to play an apartment game, 'go' for it. You'll just have to pay extra for each new apartment you lease, since you dont get the money back. Most 'cheap (250 sid) apartments are easy enough to break into, odds are they've long been looted anyway, so you might lose 750-1k sid gambling on apartments and get zip.

So, you own an apartment, you cancel it, you lose the apartment and all the money in it. Too bad, if you didnt want to lose the momeny, dont cancel the apartment. If you did cancel it, go ahead and rent another one. If you want to move your stuff, just leave your old apartment's door unlocked and get to moving.

Simplest and easiest to impliment in my opinion is the best way to go.
Peering into the darkness, your voice uncertain, you say, in sirihish:
     "You be wary, you lot. It ain' I who's locked 'p here with yeh. it's the whol
e bunch of youse that's locked down here with meh."