Timeline Questions.

Started by FantasyWriter, June 19, 2009, 03:27:11 AM

Two questions to gain some perspective of the history of Zalanthas:
http://www.armageddon.org/cgi-bin/help_index/timeline.cgi

1. Where along the timeline did the "game" open for play?

2. Where would the Earth-year 2000 roughly be situated in the timeline, or rather what event occurred in or near the Earth-year 2000?

Thanks in advance,
FW
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

June 19, 2009, 11:17:39 AM #1 Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 01:30:29 PM by Nyr
Quote from: FantasyWriter on June 19, 2009, 03:27:11 AM
1. Where along the timeline did the "game" open for play?

My best guess at this point would be about 1000-1200-ish.  There was a different flow of time in those days, and it was NOT standardized. (In fact, it was based on iterations through a processor loop:  http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7448&highlight=synchronization).

I came to Armageddon in about 2002.  There is one staffer that came to Armageddon in 4Q 1995, and recalls that the 1394 Ironsword rebellion thing happened just prior to that.  Time was standardized to the current length (where  1 RL year = ~8.5 ZT years) in March 2004.

2. Where would the Earth-year 2000 roughly be situated in the timeline, or rather what event occurred in or near the Earth-year 2000?

Hard to determine, it'd have to be based on player recollection.
However, I do know for certain that in 2000:
Tuluk was occupied by Allanak at this time
Gith were still playable by PCs
Poop code implementation narrowly averted (not sure why, everyone seemed to be for it -Nyr)
Rebellion grows stronger in Tuluk
Radoon Kadius died
Fighting Styles of Zalanthas written by Krrx

April 2002 (confirmed):  Tuluk Liberated
(edited the below quote to be the right history date, I messed that up)
Quote1516 (Year 53 Age 20)
After forty years of Allanaki occupation, the Sun Legions of Tuluk launch a surprise attack on the Southern forces occupying the Gol Krathu region. Composed of members of the Sun King's Legions, the Rebellion, various human tribes of unknown origins, and hordes of hideously mutated and deformed creatures, the army successfully penetrates the Scaien Walls and liberates the land inside. The Allanaki Red Robes Sathis Valika and Aquila Nenyuk are slain in a duel with Isar, who is also mortally wounded during the confrontation. In the confusion, Kul himself is also cut down as the Tuluki forces make their way towards Luirs, liberating it from Allanaki occupation as well. Here, the Allanaki Red Robe Ihsahn Kasix and his units are caught between the Tuluki army and Kuraci militia. They are summarily executed.
That may help a bit, but again--times were not exactly standardized until 2004.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.