Character Keyword Consistency: Input Requested

Started by Nyr, June 10, 2009, 02:33:20 PM

Shoulda been a poll.

Yes, if someone regularly uses a keyword, they should be required to add they keyword or provide mechanism for others to tag that person with a keyword themselves (like the 'name' or 'title' commands seen on some other muds with sdescs).

I don't know if I like the 'addtempkeyword' idea.  Add a keyword on a timer?  Interesting... would prevent the instant recognition people get when they try to target you by a keyword you don't have, because you can have the keyword but not be required to keep the keyword forever?  I guess that beats the other options, not having the keyword (which often means because the player can't target a character, the player's character often becomes more suspicious, sadly) or having to add the keyword and then later explain having it removed when you do a description change.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Thank you for the feedback.  This is what we've come up with:

http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,35608.msg455906.html#msg455906

I'm going to go ahead and close down this thread as it has served its purpose.  If you would like to comment on this, you can create a thread on it.

Much thanks, again!
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.