41 (91.1%)
No
1 (2.2%)
Maybe - see comments below
3 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: June 11, 2009, 12:01:50 PM

Quote from: Adhira on June 07, 2009, 12:53:48 PM
One of the reasons we'd prefer this to be a collaborative project with staff acting as editors and so on is for the reason Lizzie expressed. Once a document is on the website it's regarded as authorative, things change and we need to be able to change the documents with them.

With further thought it seems to me that having documents where authors are unwilling to have their work change would not work for this purpose. Submissions such as the stories is likely the best place for this kind of work. Guides on how to play this game need to be flexible.

This pretty much sums up my views on the subject.

I'd gladly contribute to such a project and I think it's a fabulous idea.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Ahem...
Quote from: spawnloser on June 06, 2009, 09:11:17 PM
My first question is... wouldn't these best, instead of being 'guides', be better labeled as FAQs that are written by players and formatted/edited by the managing staff?

Additionally, are there projected topics that would be requested, or is this going to be a free-for-all sort of thing?
...ahem.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I think these should be guides. They're guides formulated by players that they think would be useful in the world.

At the moment projected topics are not planned. We're doing this in response to the submissions that are getting mailed in, and threads we've seen here on the gdb. Staff will be maintaining the help files and offical guides, these player guides are a reflection of what players feel they'd like to see and also what they'd like to write about.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll be putting something together for this and hopefully getting working on adding this section to the website in the next week or two. More info will be given on how to submit an item once it's set up.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Good work!
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"