Skill Charge

Started by drunkendwarf, June 09, 2003, 06:36:25 PM

I've heard before adding new skills, etc can be a bit buggy....
Should I email the mud account if I think my char should have charge already or have all chars that get it been updated....

Probably the best bet is to either email MUD or your clan Imm and copy MUD. Either way, it'll get posted to the right place and get done relatively soon. Changing your objective to say something about it is probably a good idea as well.

Thanks,
Brix.

I like this new skill for a ranger, it just scares the hell out of me using it.  I usually get my arse handed to me when I fight mounted, probobly due to our moderate combat skills like the docs state.

Maybe in a rangers later years thier rapport with animals would be great enough to negate the mounted penatly so they could use skills like Charge more handily.

I do agree that mounted combat can be a bit...harsh. Seems to be that eventually you'd be able to NOT have your ass handed to you while fighting atop a kank...who's more likely to win in a duel? A man atop a horse, and a man on foot. Using swords. Sure sure, using pole arms and such the infantry would do the ass handing...but with swords who's ass is going to get handed?

Charge definately would be handier if mounted combat were really much of an option. As it is, I see charge as a last resort, not something I'd consider using on a regular basis.

I have to agree.

I always assumed a mounted combatant would have an advantage over a man on the ground, especially in the case with some of the mounts available in Armageddon.  I realize of course this is not the case codewise, but maybe it should be considered and experimented with.

I can't say I have personal experience with it, but from watching movies like Braveheart and Gladiator I am under the impression that a man mounted with a sword would have some tactical advantage over a man on foot.  Combat is more controlled by the mounted combatant's charges then the fella defending himself on foot.

-DW

I once had a ranger who could stay mounted very well, against duskhorn and the like. I also used a single two-handed spear. I found that it was much more fun to rp this out with others, me riding at the animal and when it was dead I would end with me impaling it to the ground from my charge and then riding up to pull my spear from the dead animal. Lots of fun rp to hunt from mount-back, but you learn to take plenty of good hits. Which in turn gives you or a friend a reason to practice any bandaging that might need to be done. I also found it alot of fun to ride around on a mount with my bow and arrow at the ready, mayby dangerous if your ambushed, but it is fun to rp running down an animal while firing arrows...

Anyway, I can't wait to try another ranger so that I can try out this charge skill. Im sure that after enough use and lots of time it becomes very useful.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

I'm pretty sure charge is going to be used more for group combat, rather than one on one.

Is this a subtle hint that another war is being planned?

Is Tektolnes finally going to get off his ass and take back what's his?