Sid mining quotas

Started by Veges, May 25, 2009, 01:15:05 PM

Yeah right.

The surest way to die as a newbie is to join a clan.

/only half-joking
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: a strange shadow on May 27, 2009, 03:18:29 AM
Keep in mind that on top of that 300 'sid a month, you're getting a free, safe place to sleep, as much food and water as you can consume, and often some nifty uniform stuff, not to mention the protection of belonging to an organization, however minor that may be at first.

In comparison, an independent pays for everything on their own, including bribes to keep his or her ass safe(er).

(nevermind, Armaddict already said it)

also: third world country folks, what is it they live off of, $1 a month?

Zalanthas is not your cushy earth corporate environment. ;)

I'm in agreement that indies making a assload of 'sid should be spending it almost as quickly. On bribes, drinks etc.

Doesn't mean that anyone is actually going to do that and instead amass all the wealth that Nenyuk can hold for them.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

I wonder if more people joined clans, we'd get more player-driven RPT-encouragable events like org-rivalries and skirmishes?
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

Quote from: Jdr on May 27, 2009, 06:54:29 AM
I wonder if more people joined clans, we'd get more player-driven RPT-encouragable events like org-rivalries and skirmishes?

I like to think that part of the "OOC pay" of joining a clan is being involved in larger plots, and that would hopefully offset the crappy pay in 'sid (at least, if you think your pay, along with all the luxuries and protection you get of joining most clans is crap). So let indies amass an assload of 'sid, and see how much fun they have with typing 'balance' once in a while.

OT: I agree with this:
Quote from: Morrolan on May 26, 2009, 11:16:45 PM
We coud just cap it at one piece of 'sid per game hour, meaning you sell one piece and have to get back in line.  Whatever it is you sell, you get that much per the hour.
>sell chunk
You get 10 sid.
>sell chunk
The blue-faced man says, "Back of the line."

<the next hour starts>
sell chunk
You get 50 'sid.

etc...

This seems to be a low-tech way of limiting sales.  No one has to virtually keep track of what you sell.

Morrolan

To everyone complaining about how unrealistic it is that Allanak limits how much obsidian they BUY, please realize that the majority of the obsidian Allanak brings in is through slave labor.

The obsidian they buy from non-slaves is a very VERY small portion of what they bring in, and as such would make sense that they would limit it.
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

QuoteDoesn't mean that anyone is actually going to do that and instead amass all the wealth that Nenyuk can hold for them.

Knowing that it will all be Nenyuk's soon!

1.  Get a cheap apartment
2.  Stockpile 4 million chunks of sid on the times when noone plays.
3.  Sell said items.

Noone can sell to the shops if there is nothing to sell.
Malifaxis has UBER board skills