Could we get this implemented?

Started by Bob, June 07, 2003, 06:00:47 AM

Is it possible to implement being able to talk and emote while mortally wounded, that would be awsome like two people are defending thier home one get hacked down to mortally wounded and in his last breath with some cool emotes say something ''like avenge me kill the bastards'' I dunno what do you think?...Ideas?

Let me present you with at least one suggestion off the bat - don't start a thread with a title asking for something to get implemented.  It's rather assuming to think that your idea, which may sound great to you at the time, is worth implementing.  It also may completely underestimate the amount of work required to make it possible.  Computer code has a funny way of making what seems like simple chores turn into incredible tasks that go to the very core of the program.  This one may not be too severe, but taking it for granted that features can get implemented, and there is a lot of talk on that on these forums, is a bad first step.

As for the idea, it isn't realistic.  With sever, life-threatening wounds, most often the brain is injecting so much adrenaline, or endorphins, and the mind is in such shock that the person can't say anything coherent.  There are always those who may be the exception to the rule, but with life threatening wounds, most often that will involve trauma to ribs, neck, head, or some other part that would be required to function properly for the one-last-breath speech.

Didn't a thread like this just go through...like in the last few weeks even?
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I don't mind people making suggestions for code here, but I wouldn't get in the habit of thinking that if you post it here it will get implemented. Here's the best ways to approach this, in order of how effective they are (in my perception):

1) write up the idea as thoroughly as possible and send it to mud
2) idea it in the game
3) post about it

That said, I've made it so you can emote and think while mortally wounded as of the next reboot.

Creeper thrashes around, multitudes of bite marks spurting out blood.

Creeper finally goes still.

think This is the end, Bob. This is the end.
21sters Unite!