Personal keywords

Started by Qzzrbl, March 25, 2009, 03:03:27 PM

If everyone gave nicknames instead of true-names, it would no longer be a suspicious activity.  If it were widely known that revealing your true name to someone could result in you being rendered vulnerable to magick or psionics, nobody would ever give out their true name.

Giving out a truename would then be something akin to having passed an elven trial of trust...or maybe something that you would only reveal to your closest friends.

There could be certain advantages to it:  maybe it would be easier to contact someone using their truename.  Maybe the use of the Way would be less stressful.

And on the flipside:  it obviously would make it easier to use certain magicks or certain nasty psionics, if the person can contact you via your true name.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on March 29, 2009, 04:25:36 AM
If everyone gave nicknames instead of true-names, it would no longer be a suspicious activity.  If it were widely known that revealing your true name to someone could result in you being rendered vulnerable to magick or psionics, nobody would ever give out their true name.

Giving out a truename would then be something akin to having passed an elven trial of trust...or maybe something that you would only reveal to your closest friends.

There could be certain advantages to it:  maybe it would be easier to contact someone using their truename.  Maybe the use of the Way would be less stressful.

And on the flipside:  it obviously would make it easier to use certain magicks or certain nasty psionics, if the person can contact you via your true name.

Aaaah, I see what you're getting at now.

Yeah, that sounds good.

good idea
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com