Neutrality anybody?

Started by alicedavignon, February 10, 2009, 06:08:57 PM

Quote from: spicemustflow on February 10, 2009, 07:37:56 PM
Quote from: alicedavignon on February 10, 2009, 07:29:34 PM
Quote from: spicemustflow on February 10, 2009, 07:25:44 PM
Quote from: Dar on February 10, 2009, 07:24:42 PM
Quote from: spicemustflow on February 10, 2009, 07:23:31 PM
alice, play in the rinth. Danger, excitement, fun. Death. No better place in all of Zalanthas.

Shame on you. :)

I was serious. No way she'll be bored there.

That's the war beetle-length excitement, right?

Depends on you. It's a school of life, much like the Byn, but without stifling schedules and boring sparring. You'll learn the dangers of overestimating the abilities of your char quickly. Think what would you do if transported to a Parisian ghetto with car burning gangs all around you and you'll live.

Quote from: Qzzrbl on February 10, 2009, 07:32:12 PM
I thought they were supposed to be neutral too, but gank a few /really/ long-lived (yet ill-prepared) characters and see what happens.

What happens?

Find out IC. ;)

February 10, 2009, 07:47:45 PM #51 Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 07:49:40 PM by Dar
Quote from: alicedavignon on February 10, 2009, 07:29:34 PM
Quote from: spicemustflow on February 10, 2009, 07:25:44 PM
Quote from: Dar on February 10, 2009, 07:24:42 PM
Quote from: spicemustflow on February 10, 2009, 07:23:31 PM
alice, play in the rinth. Danger, excitement, fun. Death. No better place in all of Zalanthas.

Shame on you. :)

I was serious. No way she'll be bored there.

That's the war beetle-length excitement, right?

Not really. As long as you forego such silliness as pride, mouthiness, wealth, dignity, and curiousity. You'll do fine. It's an area that doenst have 'that' many players, but it's small enough for the players who do play inside it meet often. Also each new player is atleast 'somewhat' reasonably valued, even if is not demonstrated. But it's also an area where there is no coded law, so if a person decides that you've insulted him by breathing (aka ... your boots are better then his), nothing will stop him from killing you except either your skills, or the people you work for. Thankfully, 'usually' people arent too prone to newbie killing. They prefer to rob you, beat you, rape you, make you do things for them instead ... usually. Which does tend to get you involved in a lot of plots, in a traumatizing kind of way.

Needless to say .... I love the rinth.

Most play Arm for the role play. Hack and slash is encouraged elsewhere. If you like that, you'll get bored in Armageddon. Fast.

If you like a combat role, then there's plenty of IG groups to help with that. But it's still a character. Living in a harsh environment. And there's no newbie playing areas or no-kill policies. So have fun, and welcome to Armageddon.
"And all around is the desert; a corner of the mournful kingdom of sand."
   - Pierre Loti

Quote from: Semper on February 10, 2009, 07:49:02 PM
Most play Arm for the role play. Hack and slash is encouraged elsewhere. If you like that, you'll get bored in Armageddon. Fast.

If you like a combat role, then there's plenty of IG groups to help with that. But it's still a character. Living in a harsh environment. And there's no newbie playing areas or no-kill policies. So have fun, and welcome to Armageddon.

There's a difference between Achivement (i.e. hack'n'slash + levels) and exploration.

What is a good Tuluk clan?

February 10, 2009, 08:02:20 PM #54 Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 08:04:23 PM by Semper
Quote from: alicedavignon on February 10, 2009, 08:00:43 PM
Quote from: Semper on February 10, 2009, 07:49:02 PM

There's a difference between Achivement (i.e. hack'n'slash + levels) and exploration.

What is a good Tuluk clan?

Valid point.

[edited] Of the Noble Houses I've worked with, they all have their own uniqueness and playability. I'd recommend starting as a partisan for one or the other. Otherwise, there's always the GMH's.
"And all around is the desert; a corner of the mournful kingdom of sand."
   - Pierre Loti

Sun Legions! The world needs more militia.
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

The GDB is not the place to file complaints if you think you've been wronged. If you have a complaint, then use the request tool and it will be addressed. Also, threads like this are not to be turned into "play here because its better" suggestions or arguements. The Player announcement board is for advertising.

If you are having difficulty finding a role you enjoy on ARM, I highly recommend taking some of the advice this thread brought forward, or contacting one of the helpers.

Locked.
Nessalin: At night, I stand there and watch you sleep.  With a hammer in one hand and a candy cane in the other.  Judging.