Command for real-life time

Started by alicedavignon, February 07, 2009, 08:22:27 PM

February 07, 2009, 08:22:27 PM Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 08:27:59 PM by alicedavignon
Hello,

I know this is something OOC, but could we have a command that would give us the server-side time and then use it for future reference for RTS, meetings, etc? You see, I live in GMT+1 (with 24-hour-time), which means that when someone says that they'll be around at 1 AM CES and somebody else says that we'll have an RTS at 6 PM EST, I have to first convert my time to GMT (UTC) then figure out how much I have to add to it to get CES/EST and then figure out if 1 AM is 01:00 or 13:00. I know that the ones of you on the other side of the pond probably mastered this sort of this pretty well, but is there any chance of us getting some in-game marker as to what time it is?

Sorry if it sounds confusing (it is, really). :)

Good god yes.

I blow total ass with time conversions, and a tool like this would be very helpful.

I'd like that too. It was far more confusing for me at one time when I was in a foreign country and half the country used daylight savings. Had no idea what time to go, so I'd log in for a RPT an hour or 2 early :P
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

This is clearly your punishment for the sin of not living in a real country with real time.