Chokeout

Started by askaran, February 06, 2009, 11:58:02 PM

If you have someone subdued... And your buff like say.. A half-giant? I think you should be able to choke them out, knock them out.
Does this exist already? And if not that would be awesome.
Quote from: Cutthroat on August 22, 2009, 10:57:13 PMSo Eunoli Winrothol, Samos Rennik, and Thrain Ironsword walk into a bar. The Red Fang bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck out of my bar."

'kill (person)' with them subdued.
"And all around is the desert; a corner of the mournful kingdom of sand."
   - Pierre Loti

serious? All this time? As usual you guys make me feel like a jackass.. But I love you for it... Could have sworn ive tried that before.
Quote from: Cutthroat on August 22, 2009, 10:57:13 PMSo Eunoli Winrothol, Samos Rennik, and Thrain Ironsword walk into a bar. The Red Fang bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck out of my bar."

>necksnap <target>

or

>throttle <target>

Depends on whether you intend to kill or simply incapacitate.

I kid

alright.. Thank you. :-[

It's a good idea. I think it was discussed in another thread some time ago.
"And all around is the desert; a corner of the mournful kingdom of sand."
   - Pierre Loti

Quote from: Eloran on February 07, 2009, 12:20:10 AM
>necksnap <target>

or

>throttle <target>

Depends on whether you intend to kill or simply incapacitate.

I kid

PfffffffffffffffffffffBAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Yeah, if you're really strong (and have good base offense), subdue;kill is money.

That's pretty much the criteria such a skill would be based on, and it works basically the same.

I suppose an actual command would be interesting, but I'd want it to be a branched warrior skill.  It could branch from subdue and allow somewhat weaker (ordinary humans, I mean), skilled warriors to choke people to the point of unconsciousness.

I'd implement it so that each "choke" attempt would have to pass a skill check, and would do an amount of stun damage relative to the success of the attempt (say 5 stun for a minimum pass, 25 stun for a maximum pass), with critical failures actually allowing the victim to escape the subdue hold.  That way, you'd have to successfully choke someone a good 3-5 times before they'd actually pass out, leaving plenty of opportunity for them to escape.

It wouldn't really be a problem if it was a difficult skill to branch and master.  Roughly equivalent to sap, except perhaps slightly less useful in that you'd be completely unarmed the entire time you were trying to get it done, and in a basically prone position.  Also, other warriors with the choke skill should be able to prevent choke attempts, or even reverse the position if their subduer is much less skilled.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on February 07, 2009, 02:32:15 AM
Yeah, if you're really strong (and have good base offense), subdue;kill is money.

That's pretty much the criteria such a skill would be based on, and it works basically the same.

I suppose an actual command would be interesting, but I'd want it to be a branched warrior skill.  It could branch from subdue and allow somewhat weaker (ordinary humans, I mean), skilled warriors to choke people to the point of unconsciousness.

I'd implement it so that each "choke" attempt would have to pass a skill check, and would do an amount of stun damage relative to the success of the attempt (say 5 stun for a minimum pass, 25 stun for a maximum pass), with critical failures actually allowing the victim to escape the subdue hold.  That way, you'd have to successfully choke someone a good 3-5 times before they'd actually pass out, leaving plenty of opportunity for them to escape.

It wouldn't really be a problem if it was a difficult skill to branch and master.  Roughly equivalent to sap, except perhaps slightly less useful in that you'd be completely unarmed the entire time you were trying to get it done, and in a basically prone position.  Also, other warriors with the choke skill should be able to prevent choke attempts, or even reverse the position if their subduer is much less skilled.

I like this Idea and Synthesis' is layout for it! Badass!
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Yes. Hell yes. Great idea Synthesis.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.