Undertuluk changes

Started by Ammut, January 21, 2009, 09:14:36 PM

Man, it would be appropriate to be playing the old UT-er I had with vestigial gills right about now.

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

Bah, and Here I was happy not knowing who played him...fun PC though.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: Rhyden on December 07, 2009, 05:28:57 PM
Meh, anything that is condensing the playerbase is fine by me.

Oh, yea, condensing is good.  Still, I have fond memories of UT and  :'( that it's gone, even if it's overall good for the game.

I remember reading the gith attack on Allanak had a few different outcomes. I wonder if was possible, however unlikely, to save UT through player action. Or if Nak's total destruction was a possibility/likelihood.

For reasons I won't disclose, I am positive that if Allanak hadn't been very proactive with doing certain things a while ago, it would have been a lot worse for it in this calamity. But maybe not!
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

December 07, 2009, 07:37:22 PM #79 Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 07:39:27 PM by FantasyWriter
Quote from: number13 on December 07, 2009, 07:31:51 PM
Quote from: Rhyden on December 07, 2009, 05:28:57 PM
Meh, anything that is condensing the playerbase is fine by me.

Oh, yea, condensing is good.  Still, I have fond memories of UT and  :'( that it's gone, even if it's overall good for the game.

I remember reading the gith attack on Allanak had a few different outcomes. I wonder if was possible, however unlikely, to save UT through player action. Or if Nak's total destruction was a possibility/likelihood.

Short of Muk Utep stepping forward and doing something personally, I believe that Tuluk's lack of 'controlled' magicker citizens will always be a disability.
That is to say: There is less the playerbase can do to control the outcome of non-mundane plots.

I also believe this would be a great time for the powers that be to rethink that.  Although I doubt Vivaduans will be on the top of their list of accepted. :D
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FuSoYa on December 07, 2009, 05:30:10 PM
Man, it would be appropriate to be playing the old UT-er I had with vestigial gills right about now.

Brandon

There has been more than one PC with gills.
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill

Quote from: FantasyWriter on December 07, 2009, 07:37:22 PM
Short of Muk Utep stepping forward and doing something personally, I believe that Tuluk's lack of 'controlled' magicker citizens will always be a disability.
That is to say: There is less the playerbase can do to control the outcome of non-mundane plots.

I also believe this would be a great time for the powers that be to rethink that.  Although I doubt Vivaduans will be on the top of their list of accepted. :D

It would be pretty irrational and way out of line with documentation for a populace or ruling class to suddenly become more friendly toward and accepting of magick after an openly magick attack on the city.

Nyr said it elsewhere; the playerbase may not affect the ultimate outcome of world plots, but can affect what happens within, when, how, etc.

Having played mundanes, magickers, and leaders all involved at different points and varying levels along this same plotline which has been going on for 2 to 3 RL years now, I must say...it's highly beneficial to stop believing that guild X or clan Y or leader Z is more effective than you are, no matter what guild/clan/role you are playing. The only limiter to involvement is you. (General you.) The imms aren't stopping anyone from having fun, getting stuff done, and playing the real stories within the world plot that is being written.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on December 07, 2009, 07:37:22 PM
I believe that Tuluk's lack of 'controlled' magicker citizens will always be a disability.

Find out IC, but in short, you are probably wrong.

Gimf I always appreciate your encouragement.
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

All of my favorite characters were Undertulukis.  My dwarf in particular.  :-*
I'm going to miss it.  >:(

I dunno what the big deal is, Too-luck. We can't drink ash and lava. ;)
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

Quote from: Jdr on December 07, 2009, 08:30:59 PM

Hahahhhhhaha!!! Priceless.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: Jdr on December 07, 2009, 08:30:59 PM

Sure you can!  You're just not trying hard enough.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

(by all rights, the buildings of the rinth should of went up like kindle)

(just saying)

Quote from: number13 on December 07, 2009, 10:26:29 PM
(by all rights, the buildings of the rinth should of went up like kindle)

(just saying)

Because mud-brick burns.... It burns hard.

Farewell, UT. We hardly knew ye.
Wish I would've had a chance to play at least one character for there for more than a few hours. Ah, well.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

December 07, 2009, 11:43:14 PM #93 Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 11:48:47 PM by number13
QuoteBecause mud-brick burns.... It burns hard.

Shit burns and the rinth is covered in it. A few of the buildings have wood and have been on fire in the past, namely the more important ones.

I like how this shows staff are willing to make lasting changes to the world.  I just hope they consider being more generous with player initiated big changes too.

Dwarf focus: Learn to swim.

:'(
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

I was sad to read this. Without going into specifics, one of my most successful characters was a Vivaduan who lived in Undertuluk. She would've loved the change in atmosphere!

Quote from: Kryos on December 07, 2009, 11:52:58 PM
I like how this shows staff are willing to make lasting changes to the world.  I just hope they consider being more generous with player initiated big changes too.

I could be mistaken, but I believe this HRPT was entirely the concept of players.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on December 08, 2009, 11:47:14 AM
Quote from: Kryos on December 07, 2009, 11:52:58 PM
I like how this shows staff are willing to make lasting changes to the world.  I just hope they consider being more generous with player initiated big changes too.

I could be mistaken, but I believe this HRPT was entirely the concept of players.

I have exactly the same inkling.
I think that players were far more involved in causing the events of the HRPT than many realize.
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."