Zalanthan Dates in Bios

Started by jcljules, January 15, 2009, 03:53:27 PM

I really don't like how difficult it is to ascertain how long ago, ICly, a certain event happened. My bio has all of the OOC dates that things happened, but it takes a lottt of effort, and digging up of a certain excel spreadsheet, to access the Zalanthan date. Would it be too hard to add the Zalanthan date as well as the OOC one in the 'bio' command list?
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

While I think it would be cool to see this in 2.arm ... I'm thinking that for now, rather than have the coders work on it, we could just type "time" before we start writing the bio, and then cut and paste the date to the top/bottom of our entry ourselves and that would likely solve the problem with no need to code at all.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Good idea Muashi.

It doesn't help those of us who have been lazy about playing catchup with their bios and have to play the mathematics game, but it helps those responsible folks who actually write their bios shortly after the pertinent events actually occurred.

:-X

Quote from: musashi on January 15, 2009, 05:22:55 PM
While I think it would be cool to see this in 2.arm ... I'm thinking that for now, rather than have the coders work on it, we could just type "time" before we start writing the bio, and then cut and paste the date to the top/bottom of our entry ourselves and that would likely solve the problem with no need to code at all.

Yeah, but I hadn't thought of that idea in my earlier bios...  :'( And I can't edit them without deleting them all and putting them back, unfortunately. Also, it would be cool to look at old characters and see how ICly long ago it was that events in their lives happened. I'm also reasonably certain it would be pretty easy to code.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

I know it's not a perfect solution, I'm just saying I think it could likely "tide us over" till the new game.

Unless it really is just a quick flick of the wrist to code, they hey ... why not?
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Personally, I go with
QuoteIt is early afternoon on Barani, the 164th day of the Descending Sun,
In the Year of Whira's Agitation, year 49 of the 21st Age.
as
QuoteIn the late Descending Sun of Whira's Agitation, year 49, I did this, this, and this.
Unless my character was a noble, I wouldn't have anyway of way of keeping track of that exact time.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

I've always wanted this:

http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,31115.0.html

To be implemented.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli