You know you are addicted to Arm when ...

Started by AJM, December 04, 2008, 07:12:48 PM

February 12, 2011, 12:15:06 PM #950 Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 12:16:54 PM by DesertT
When you wish the GDB 'Happy Valentine's Day' before your real-life Valentine.

:-*

Quote from: Reiteration on February 12, 2011, 12:14:28 PM
On brighter news, you know you're addicted to arm when it's homepage is the highest visited, second only to youtube.
I have the GDB as my number 1 visited site.   8)
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

I have the Arm main page as mine, then Blackboard.  GDB is my homepage.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

You get irritated that the new Facebook languages thingy won't let you add 'mirukkim'.

Also, you know you're NOT addicted to the GDB when: It took me 5 minutes to find this thread, because I kept scanning for the "Idle OOC chatter" forum...
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

When you're sitting in a bar in key west with good looking chicks buying you drinks, and you're just wondering if your character got approved.

When you get booted and sit there trying to connect.. over.. and over.. hoping it will work again =P
A staff member sends:
     "You can quit ooc - or if you want I can kill <character name>, that'd definitely reset it."

when Luirsfest becomes more important than spring break.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

... when you can translate this accurately:

Quote from: brytta.leofa on March 10, 2011, 02:06:48 PM
A male voice to the east shouts, in an unknown tongue,
  "E wjll pgh 75 kjwgn fut ehe ehwll qp i witt worrop!"

Quote from: Cutthroat on March 10, 2011, 02:40:02 PM
... when you can translate this accurately:

Quote from: brytta.leofa on March 10, 2011, 02:06:48 PM
A male voice to the east shouts, in an unknown tongue,
  "E wjll pgh 75 kjwgn fut ehe ehwll qp i witt worrop!"

Another male voice to the east shouts, in an unknown tongue,
  "P whqp uwe 75 lkejg fyt uei tp sotve tpq speii zf o mtlt noddwt pu qour opp!"
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

When you try to take the needle out but just shove it right back in.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: brytta.leofa on March 10, 2011, 03:05:28 PM
Another male voice to the east shouts, in an unknown tongue,
  "P whqp uwe 75 lkejg fyt uei tp sotve tpq speii zf o mtlt noddwt pu qour opp!"

Shove it WHERE? I think not, good sir.
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → b a

Quote from: Reiloth on March 10, 2011, 05:00:20 PM
When you try to take the needle out but just shove it right back in.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

When you play for hours despite a splitting migraine.
Quote from: Barzalene
Besides if a Jihaen walks in on you, he walked in on you. He can't be too upset if he sees your peepee. He might have a legitimate gripe though if the manner in which you use it isn't subtle.

When you swear you'd never touch the game again.. and come back anyway 2 years later. It's not even my kind of theme, I don't like the harsh setting, but hell, it's the only game in the world where the game mechanics merge so seamlessly with the RP.

Feck this game, but I can't get away from it :P
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

When this thread would make really good research material for people studying addiction in internet gaming.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on March 11, 2011, 05:43:39 AM
When this thread would make really good research material for people studying addiction in internet gaming.

Subsequently dying and rerolling characters multiple times in a day (4 or more), each as unique and awesome as the last one.

Quote from: SMuz on March 11, 2011, 04:37:33 AM
When you swear you'd never touch the game again.. and come back anyway 2 years later. It's not even my kind of theme, I don't like the harsh setting, but hell, it's the only game in the world where the game mechanics merge so seamlessly with the RP.

Feck this game, but I can't get away from it :P

Ditto
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

When you don't use any sort of mapping system or need to look at a map in order to move your pc around anywhere in the world.

When you stop looking at the world in terms of north east south and west and see it as left and right when traveling.

When you understand armageddon politics 10x better than real world politics.

When you know all the magick spheres and moods by heart.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Majikal on March 12, 2011, 12:24:14 PM
When you don't use any sort of mapping system or need to look at a map in order to move your pc around anywhere in the world.

When you stop looking at the world in terms of north east south and west and see it as left and right when traveling.

When you understand armageddon politics 10x better than real world politics.

When you know all the magick spheres and moods by heart.

With the exception of being rather well versed in RL politics, this thread is starting to scare me.

We should start and AA (armageddoners anonymous meetings) :(
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

When you have a conversation with the girlfriend while playing Arm.
And then end that conversation with 'quit'.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on March 12, 2011, 02:03:49 PM
When you have a conversation with the girlfriend while playing Arm.
And then end that conversation with 'quit'.

Welcome back, yo.

When you quiet smoking weed so you can focus on response time for emoting while playing with others.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: Potaje on March 13, 2011, 12:34:56 PM
When you quiet smoking weed so you can focus on response time for emoting while playing with others.

:D

When your stomach quivers with excitement at the thought of logging on.

When you log on earlier and earlier every day, and think it's a good thing you can't stay on later so that your self control isn't tested.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: DesertT on February 12, 2011, 12:15:06 PM

On brighter news, you know you're addicted to arm when it's homepage is the highest visited, second only to youtube.
You know you're addicted when you spend valentines day mudsexing and reading other PC's words in a voice from Harry potter.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
̡͌
    l̡̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡
ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!:,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤KEEP THE KAWAII GOING ¸,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº LETS GO KAWAII !¤¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø,,¸¸ø¤º°¨,, ø¤º°¨¨°º

Quote from: NOFUN on March 22, 2011, 10:16:27 PM
Quote from: DesertT on February 12, 2011, 12:15:06 PM

You know you're addicted when you spend valentines day mudsexing and reading other PC's words in a voice from Harry potter.

Other people do this too? ....
NOFUN:
Random Armageddon.thoughts: fuck dwarves, fuck magickers, fuck f-me's, fuck city elves and nerf everything I don't use
Maxid:
My position is unassailable.
Gunnerblaster:
My breeds discriminate against other breeds.

That's how hardcore I am.