You know you are addicted to Arm when ...

Started by AJM, December 04, 2008, 07:12:48 PM

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on December 29, 2013, 04:48:22 PM
Animals should flee like crazy when they take an arrow. That way hunters would actually have to track and hunt, instead of sitting there popping a stationary object full of arrows.

Sagenod.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Animals should flee like crazy when they take an arrow. That way hunters would actually have to track and hunt, instead of sitting there popping a stationary object full of arrows.

I think that'd make hunting even more fun than it is already!

Quote from: Refugee on December 29, 2013, 06:24:10 PM

I think that'd make hunting even more fun than it is already!

Either flee, or aggressive animals should try to detect where the arrow came from and go after the person shooting at them.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

^ so much yes. You can sorta emote/pretend that's happening but it'd be much more fun/challenging to have the critter flee for a room's worth.

Having them flee more than 1-3 rooms would just get annoying without a bloodloss code or higher damage archery though.

When you're counting the days and sometimes the hours or even the minutes before you can play again.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Or when you think in IC time.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I just want you to know, if you fire arrows at certain aggro mobs, they WILL eventually turn and start coming in your direction.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Quote from: evilcabbage on December 29, 2013, 07:21:05 PM
I just want you to know, if you fire arrows at certain aggro mobs, they WILL eventually turn and start coming in your direction.

Find out in game, enough said.

You dream about using the 'skin' command on players in real life... when you're NOT playing.  ;D
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

You send text messages including ^me, !me and #me.

You come back from your most recent break and think, ah, this is why my evenings have been vaguely boring and dissatisfying even though I have many other super cool video games.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

enter
enter

Hi. We're down for maintenance.

*10 seconds later*

enter
enter

*10 seconds later*

enter
enter

Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

You play it too much.

OH...supposed to be funny.  Nevermind.
"Hey Peppin...Charlie Crawford ain't with ya anymore." *Cackle*

"He felt that a resolution to die gives rise to a higher state of life, infused with beauty and grace beyond the reach of those concerned with self-preservation."

You start taking on the personality quirks of your character in real life, instead of your character taking on your personality quirks.

True story.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: Desertman on January 14, 2014, 10:08:12 AM
You start taking on the personality quirks of your character in real life, instead of your character taking on your personality quirks.

True story.
I see a way to put this to use: play a character based on ShaLeah.

Quote from: Delusion on January 14, 2014, 11:20:17 AM

True story.
I see a way to put this to use: play a character based on ShaLeah.

;D
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

True story.

I've had this happen before, most unpleasant.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

True story.

And using their catchphrases.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

*bitches to everyone that he is bored to death and can't wait for classes to start again*

*classes start again and spends his whole time playing Arm instead of studying*
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

You spend all your time counting down the time until you can get your next fix.

You can't wait to get done shoveling snow so you can get IG and scrape dung.
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

f5 f5 f5 f5 f5
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: whitt on January 21, 2014, 10:04:27 PM

lmaoooooo
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Quote from: Ourla on January 22, 2014, 12:11:43 AM
Quote from: whitt on January 21, 2014, 10:04:27 PM

lmaoooooo

+1!

F5, five minutes later F5, five minutes later - repeat until email comes in.