You know you are addicted to Arm when ...

Started by AJM, December 04, 2008, 07:12:48 PM

[side question]  Is there a way to name non-mounts?  I have some other items with similiar sdescs and I'm constantly grabbing the wrong thing.  I'd love to be able to name them so I could always grab the right one. [/side question]

... when you get sick one day and decide that you've used so many cool lines to inspire your character, that you should write them down for reference.  And then start looking up quotes on imdb to see if there are other lines you couldn't remember off the top of your head.  At which point you realize that your inspirations range from Lord of the Rings to Sin City.
Quote from: saquartey
Rairen, what would we do without you?

Quote from: deviant storm on January 06, 2009, 12:32:18 PM
When you spend several minutes thinking up a name for your mount. For titling it, in game.

I just name it after a musician in the band I happen to be listening to at the time. My first character's first kank was named Geezer, after Geezer Butler of Black Sabbath. My last dwarf's "cursed" war beetle was named Ripper, after Tim "Ripper" Owens, who happened to be in Iced Earth at the time.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

You know you're addicted when you get a little sad OOCly when your character remembers long-dead friends.
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: Zoltan on January 06, 2009, 11:37:29 PM
You know you're addicted when you get a little sad OOCly when your character remembers long-dead friends.

Yes! I stopped RP-ing for a second, thinking sadly about one of my PCs best friends who had died... then I realized that it was just a character, that the player was still alive and likely playing another character, and that its all just a game.

So I took a break for a day  ;D
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

When you check your mail just a few minutes after submitting your character app... just because there's that incredibly slim chance chat it -might- have been approved already. (I actually know somebody that got their first character approved in like... half an hour)
Quote from: Rahnevyn
QuoteWhat is the difference between a Highlord and Overlord?
OLs are like HLs on steroids. They make the Really Big Decisions that affect the course of the entire game.

When you begin to talk/think/act like your character in real life.
Free your hate.

..when you turn Armageddon plots into story ideas for your D&D session.

"As you walk in the town, you are told that spellcasting is strictly forbidden. Templa-- Clerics don't count."

"What do you mean, you want to rent a griffon? They've all gone extinct years ago!"

---

..when you look up the D&D rules for Zalanthan weapons.

Stone Dagger 1d6-2 damage, 19-20/x2 - 8 hardness / 1 hitpoint - Uncertain cost.
Crystal Dagger 1d6 damage, 19-20/x2 - 8 hardness / ~1.66 hitpoints - costs 2gp.
Bone Dagger 1d6-2 damage, 19-20/x2 - 6 hardness/ ~0.4 hitpoints - Uncertain cost. (Remove penalties for stabbing weapons)
Bronze Dagger 1d6 damage, 20/x2 - 4 hardness - (2*3/4) hitpoints - costs 4sp (Can be dye-cast.)
Steel Dagger - 1d6 damage, 19-20/x2 - 10 hardness/2 hitpoints - costs 2gp.
Obsidian Dagger - 1d6 damage, 19-20/x2 - 10 hardness/1 hitpoint - costs 4gp. (Adds 1/2 Strength modifier as lethal damage due to sharpness.)
(Don't ask me to post sources, they're from all over. Some internet, some hardcover book.)

Once you get Black, you never come back. I knew obsidian was better than "Mythical, magical steel." Who wants that stuff anyways? :D

I might take the time to post more tomorrow.

Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

...when you hear about terrible things IRL and you think to yourself "Zalanthas is supposed to be harsh. Wait a second..."  :o
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

Quote from: Xagon on January 07, 2009, 09:22:48 AM
..when you look up the D&D rules for Zalanthan weapons

maybe this will help... nice pics too.

http://homepage.mac.com/neilclennan/rpg/darksun/weapons.html
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I play all my D&D characters like they were from Zalanthas.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on January 07, 2009, 09:43:49 AM
Quote from: Xagon on January 07, 2009, 09:22:48 AM
..when you look up the D&D rules for Zalanthan weapons

maybe this will help... nice pics too.

http://homepage.mac.com/neilclennan/rpg/darksun/weapons.html

OMG, I want that Dragon's Paw in game. That's just HOT.
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

Quote from: deviant storm on January 07, 2009, 09:49:37 AM
OMG, I want that Dragon's Paw in game. That's just HOT.

Support your local mastercrafters. :D

PS: You're addicted to arm when you know where all the Arm related (but not arm) websites are. :D
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

You know you're addicted to ARM when you start talking with a southern accent.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Quote from: Chettaman on January 07, 2009, 01:17:16 PM

Grumbling as you stalk down the corridor, you exclaim, in English,
   "Ah wish they'd move th' conf'rence rooms closer t' th' engineers."
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on January 07, 2009, 02:01:36 PM
Quote from: Chettaman on January 07, 2009, 01:17:16 PM

Grumbling as you stalk down the corridor, you exclaim, in English,
   "Ah wish they'd move th' conf'rence rooms closer t' th' engineers."

LMAO!!!!
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: Zira on January 07, 2009, 05:14:41 AM
When you check your mail just a few minutes after submitting your character app... just because there's that incredibly slim chance chat it -might- have been approved already. (I actually know somebody that got their first character approved in like... half an hour)
I had an app that was literally approved within the minute, once.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Heh, me too. Well, I take that back. I sent in the app, sent an email to a staffer, and before the email was finished being typed, the app was approved, and I had an email from them.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

You know you're addicted when you try to steal your friends clothes while they sleep.

You _know_ you're addicted when you succeed.
Live like God.
Love like God.

Quote from: Chettaman on January 08, 2009, 06:38:54 PM
You know you're addicted when you try to steal your friends clothes while they sleep.

You _know_ you're addicted when you succeed.

Or horny?

When you have a wierd fucked up dream where you're at work running from mages yet you are constantly trying to get to a computer because if you can make your arm character cast a certain spell, then in the dream reality that same spell will save you from the evil mages. In the last ditch effort I managed to get to the internet through my phone, except in a panick I kept typoing the spell words and would have to run away from the evil mages again.. I woke up amazingly frustrated and releived that I succeeded in casting the spell.

IRL, I'd fallen asleep playing arm drunk and high.. and was link dead in the middle of nowhere..

wtf is wrong with me?
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Majikal on January 11, 2009, 08:26:05 PM
IRL, I'd fallen asleep playing arm drunk and high.. and was link dead in the middle of nowhere..

wtf is wrong with me?

Crap, -I- think I'm addicted bad to Arm because I -won't- play when I'm too drunk. Like right now!  :D

You see, Armageddon is serious business and I don't need to go mucking it up with my half-wasted shenanigans. Just... give me an hour or two to sober up some.  :P
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: Majikal on January 11, 2009, 08:26:05 PM
When you have a wierd fucked up dream where you're at work running from mages yet you are constantly trying to get to a computer because if you can make your arm character cast a certain spell, then in the dream reality that same spell will save you from the evil mages. In the last ditch effort I managed to get to the internet through my phone, except in a panick I kept typoing the spell words and would have to run away from the evil mages again.. I woke up amazingly frustrated and releived that I succeeded in casting the spell.

wtf is wrong with me?

That is pure mekillot steak covered in awesomesauce.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

When Arming together is one of you and your husbands favorite hobbies.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

When you wake up late at night, sweating and panting, only to look over slowly at the computer monitor and whisper in a husky, deep voice, "Mansa......"
Quote from: Scarecrow on February 21, 2014, 04:45:46 PMIn Zalanthas, people don't dig graves with shovels, they dig them with their own tongues.

January 14, 2009, 05:32:57 PM #124 Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 02:19:23 AM by Chettaman
You know you're addicted when you go to a dollar store, forget what you're looking for... and start looking for a good chisel and mallet.
Live like God.
Love like God.