List of approved nouns.

Started by Onasaki, November 25, 2008, 04:02:41 PM

Do you really, SINCERLY think there should be a list of approved nouns?

Yes, I do.
No, I don't.
I want to back up everything that Shalooonsh said and add just a few tiny things:

1. This has come up before, and other players have asked the same questions about "boy" and "girl". The rule is what it is. The intent is to encourage every character be played at a certain level of maturity, to reinforce the rule that there are no child PCs. Even if you do think the rule is restrictive, the way you brought this up almost ensures no one will take the time to listen to your arguments.

2. Don't take an application being rejected personally. Lots of apps get rejected. If we find a flaw when we're looking it over, we can either correct it ourselves, or reject and let you fix it. For minor errors like typos or details that don't fit in a BG, we try to handle it. But for things like incorrect sdescs, you probably don't want us editing the app. We have no idea if you'd like the word "boy" changed to "young man", "man", "teen" or whatever. Best to let you fix it and resubmit.
Quote from: RockScissors are fine.  Please nerf paper.

Quote from: Rahnevyn on November 25, 2008, 05:42:57 PM
2. Don't take an application being rejected personally. Lots of apps get rejected. If we find a flaw when we're looking it over, we can either correct it ourselves, or reject and let you fix it. For minor errors like typos or details that don't fit in a BG, we try to handle it. But for things like incorrect sdescs, you probably don't want us editing the app. We have no idea if you'd like the word "boy" changed to "young man", "man", "teen" or whatever. Best to let you fix it and resubmit.

The part in bold bears repeating.  Do not take it to heart, it's just a fact of playing on Armag.

My knowledge is limited (do not tell the rest of the playerbase this... this is just between me and you, because we're old friends) but I believe there is not a single member of staff that has a 'flawless' application history.  Every one of us has been rejected at one time or another.
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill

Chiming in with my two cents on app rejection:

I've had an app or two rejected before. Not Special App, just something with a very piss poor description, or an sdesc that was very out of whack with the world (though no fire breathing spider).

I was -pissed-. So I made a new app that was better.

I later died. Welcome to Armageddon!
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Yes I like there being a list.  It saves players a lot or rejections and the staff alot of work.
We all know how much we hate app rejection.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.