Finger Wigglers and Bottom Jigglers

Started by musashi, November 18, 2008, 11:37:47 AM

I can think of a few really good reasons why the gem should be an item and not a permanent tattoo, and while there are some benefits to having it as a tattoo, I personally think it should stay as an item.

On the original topic,
Quote from: Dan on November 18, 2008, 03:27:28 PM
I think this would be fine if said magickers were not in combat while casting in that position. Either that, or just keep it to a minimum as to what you could cast while sitting down.

I agree with this.

Quote from: Cutthroat on November 20, 2008, 10:30:33 AM
I can think of a few really good reasons why the gem should be an item and not a permanent tattoo...
Like what? Those coded things that happen with gems can also happen with tattoos. Make no mistake .. a tattoo is an item. It can be referenced in code just fine. Other than the fact that you could hide the gem, what reasons could you have that are not about the concept of it not being an item?
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on November 20, 2008, 11:16:30 AM
Quote from: Cutthroat on November 20, 2008, 10:30:33 AM
I can think of a few really good reasons why the gem should be an item and not a permanent tattoo...
Like what?

Just for a couple: gem items are still around after the user dies, they'd have to completely rewrite how one gets a gem (codewise), items can be targetted in ways that tattoos cannot (e.g. combat), items can be taken off whereas tattoos cannot.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Quote from: Tisiphone on November 20, 2008, 11:37:51 AM
...gem items are still around after the user dies, they'd have to completely rewrite how one gets a gem (codewise),
A tattoo can be flagged to be picked up and held, though I don't know about worn.

items can be targetted in ways that tattoos cannot (e.g. combat),
Gems are never targeted in combat, with the exception of the flag code that dusts, blood-sprays, or blackens stuff.

items can be taken off whereas tattoos cannot.
This is fair, but, in this case, I think that the only way to do this is a certian way, and that way can be changed to target the tattoo.

I could be wrong about all of this, but I have dealt with tattoos on another MUD, and I'd bet that the system is close to the same on ARM.

November 20, 2008, 03:08:42 PM #29 Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 03:13:41 PM by BlackMagic0
Quote from: Boggis on November 19, 2008, 05:58:04 PM
Quote from: brytta.leofa on November 19, 2008, 05:16:28 PM
Is it really?  How big is the gem?

"Diameter is roughly equal to that of a small marble."

I really want the ability to hide items, such as a necklace underneath my cloak or shirt or armor.  Seeing as hiding a marble on some kind of string would not at all be hard under a massive, awesome, super, silk greatcloak.
Or even your shirt if the string was long enough.

Would be easy to tuck something about the neck under a piece of clothing...  Just something I always wished to be able to do CODEDLY.
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on November 20, 2008, 10:13:55 AM
I wouldn't mind making the Gem a perma-tattoo instead of an item. Hiding it sounds rational to me. Of course, if you get caught hiding it, now, that's a new story, depending on who catches you.

That's about how I feel about it too.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

We'll have layers in the next game, I believe. You'll be able to hide things then. Right now, we only have two layers, and that is tattoo and clothing, and a pseudo layer with cloaks.

Quote from: FightClub on November 20, 2008, 09:33:38 AM
Quote from: musashi on November 18, 2008, 08:13:45 PM
Ok ok, I'll spell it out.

RP'ing Standing:
stand (pushing up from his table with a burst of energy)

Do that at a bar near me, and you wont have to worry about this thread anymore.

For the record, I didn't mean anything supernatural by burst of energy ... think mundane ... ie, (pushing up from his table suddenly/in a hurry/with vigor) ...

Or maybe you just meant your PC attacks anyone who makes sudden movements around him because you play in the 'Rinth  ;)
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.