Palming into your hand.

Started by Sakra, November 15, 2008, 03:49:25 PM

Someone just suggested it to me, and I thought it was a good idea. Since you're palming things with your hands, shouldn't they go right into your hand? Or maybe add to the command able to slip into your hands.

Sometimes you just want slip your hand into your pocket and come out with a rotten fruit.
Quote from: BhagharvaWhat you don't know can kill you. What you do know, can kill others.

To the north
[Near]
A lanky, brown-skinned gith is here, humping the rusty brown kank.
The rusty brown kank to the north bleats miserably.

November 15, 2008, 03:59:46 PM #1 Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 04:06:23 PM by Iota
>palm card boot ep

That would be awesome. Right now when you palm stuff it goes into your general inventory and you have to hold it with another command (with no stealthy way of doing it, except in very special situations using the draw command).

It'd be cool for "magic" tricks, too. You could palm something out of your cloak and pretend that you got it from somebody's ear, for instance; for an application like this, right now there's no distinction between people who kept stuff in their general inventory beforehand and people who palmed it from somewhere.

Edit:
Also, I agree with the OP's point that, if you're palming something from somewhere, you probably had to get into your hand first before you put it into your "general inventory" in the first place (unless you're retrieving the item with your teeth or something).