The Effects of Heat and Armor

Started by Fallstorm, November 13, 2008, 12:20:13 AM

I don't know if this is implemented or discussed already. In military campaigns when knights in shining armor rode on horses, heat was a huge determinant of how effect the unit was over time. The more armor worn, the less effective and more exposed to heat the knights in shining armor became. In addition, certain kinds of clothing and the amount worn would provide shelter and lessen the effects of heat than others. Is this something that is in place already or could be?

November 13, 2008, 12:45:00 AM #1 Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 12:47:00 AM by Clearsighted
It sort've is represented already. Partly by weight, and partly by the various bonuses of lighter equipment, aside from weight. One common example that I can't imagine is a secret, is that a vast assortment of clothing or armor made with sandcloth, meant for desert travel, gives +stamina. That said. Zalanthan armor sucks horribly compared even the most mediocre of real world medieval armor.

Noone is walking around in heat-conducting metals like steel. Mostly they're wearing armors fashioned from creatures adapted to the desert and heat. And even the average Zalanthan is immensely more resilient than the average RL human.

Ninja'ed....

I'm sure the leather/chitin used for most armor is already protecting the previous owner creature from overheating. If it's especially made to make you resistant to Suk-Krath, it gives away a bonus to stamina.
Q  : Where do you piss?
Yam: On elves.
Q  : And if the area, lacks elves at the given time?
Yam: Scan.