During Combat...

Started by mansa, October 24, 2008, 01:42:51 PM

Has anyone dropped the idea that because of  fight or flight, or some other natural reaction to extreme circumstances, that mages might actually become more powerful? Or they might fire off a random spell in defense? I don't know the nature of how magic works in arm, but this seems like a possibility to me.

Quote from: Dalmeth on November 01, 2008, 03:52:56 PM
Quote from: Tisiphone on November 01, 2008, 01:16:36 AM
Quote from: Lakota on November 01, 2008, 01:15:17 AM
Does the accumulation of recent damage factor in to one's skill at combat, weapons, or other mundane skills currently? Are you willing to penalize mundane classes as well?

I like this idea.

I don't, and it is mostly on the NPC side of things that really discourages me.

As long as this were applicable to NPC's as well, I really see no problem?

Hasn't the poison bug been fixed so that NPC's are affected by taints now? I was under the impression they were susceptible now in similar fashion. Could the code not be worked to reflect both sides properly?

I'm not saying we -should- implement this, but if we are going to go down this path, we need all our 't's' crossed and 'i's' dotted.

Quote from: Lakota on November 02, 2008, 10:50:47 PM
Hasn't the poison bug been fixed so that NPC's are affected by taints now? I was under the impression they were susceptible now in similar fashion.

Per http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,29388.0.html NPCs are affected by poison.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Thought so!

MUAH!!

That's me kissing you..in a totally cool, platonic way. I mean...<.<