Favorite Clan

Started by Krath, October 21, 2008, 10:23:19 AM

The T'zai Byn for all the reasons listed above and more. There was something uniquely special about signing up as a Runner at the same time as a half dozen other raw recruits, and seeing who was still alive a year later. Not to mention the bonds that would form.

Soh Lanah Kah.  From the time, long before it was a codded tribe, to the times after, it's been a fun place.

Council Of Allanaki Mages.  Having had the chance to play several characters in it, and leave a lasting impression on not just the player base (some of you, anyway), but on Zalanthas it's self, left me with a warm feeling.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

CAM - I've had the pleasure (and, occasionally, displeasure) of running many characters in this clan. I count myself lucky to have been integral in it's early stages.

Kurac - Haven't played with 'em for awhile, but it was truly epic in it's heyday.

Salarr - Was lucky enough to be around during one of the greatest times (arguably) in this clan's history, and played alongside some amazing characters. You know who you are.

Ptar Ken - Demonstrated to me a completely different facet of Zalanthan culture, and pushed my RP talents to the absolute maximum.

Quote from: Iota on October 21, 2008, 11:20:46 AMThat dwarf "Blue" (I think? Or was his name House?) that was totally obsessed about making an awesome house.

Oh my god, I loved that dwarf - he was hilarious.  I met him with my character who was called Door.  Needless to say, he was thrilled by the architectural nature of her name, and had a house attack for like half an hour.  And she had blue hair, so it was like, love at first sight for the guy.  Kudos to you, blue dwarf.  Whoever you were.

Kadius has been good to me.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

The T'zai Byn. Playing with Bela the Butcher, Sujaal, Zak, Tears, and getting fucked up by numerous byn units while I was in Tor, SLK, Lyksae, Kadius, and Salarr proves that no clan is better. I have had more fun cleaning latrines, learning, and experiencing in the byn than the rest of the game. It is that damn awesome.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

Quote from: Decameron on October 21, 2008, 04:19:14 PMHouse Oash - Love my murdering with a hint of subtly, a splash of wince-inducing magicks, and a small dash of politics.

Yeeeep.

The most enjoyable crew I've been a part of, though, has been House Salarr's Expansion Division, under a certain Salarri agent.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Im not even going to say Salarr. The Merchant House is a completely different animal from what the Expansion Division was.

I actually, now that I think of it, had a thorough 'Murder Intrigue Betrayal' character with that group. I don't think any other character would fully embody those traits than the one I had with the Expansion Division. Also having every possible inch of his body getting tattooed, some parts two or three times when he thought he saw a better one that could cover up the old. Will never forget dancing naked down caravan way while blitzed drunk, on the same day he followed someone home and killed them for bad mouthing one of his superiors under his breath.

Being a Southern Templar was a crap load of fun. Gim, you rocked. As for someone else, wow man, one of the best deaths ever!

Byn Sergeant is pretty incredible, even if I did lead my crew into the middle of a 'Your Really Fucked Now' sort of sandstorm to miss 90% of a big RPT.

One particular independent mage group. The core few that there were with me at one particular time and no matter how many came and left through the course of it all, you guys all rocked.

Tuluk in general, the Faithful, Chosen, Merchants and Indies. You rock. Especially the First, you guys are great.

SLK, because I -almost- killed Masha before there was an SLK. Glad I didn't now!

Tor, because of one particular Tor noble who will go unmentioned.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

T'zai Byn.

Get a chance to see some of the most interesting RP in the game there. Get to see all sorts of different places. A massive variety of players that make it fun. And even when it was mind-numbingly frustrating at some times, it was still awesome. My only gripe would be the repetitiveness between awesome missions and -not a OOC year shouldn't talk-.

Quote from: Vessol on October 21, 2008, 07:52:43 PM
T'zai Byn.

Get a chance to see some of the most interesting RP in the game there. Get to see all sorts of different places. A massive variety of players that make it fun. And even when it was mind-numbingly frustrating at some times, it was still awesome. My only gripe would be the repetitiveness between awesome missions and -not a OOC year shouldn't talk-.
em chuckles.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

October 21, 2008, 08:03:42 PM #35 Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 08:05:50 PM by jhunter
House Salarr. My favorite pc was in Salarr along with a couple of my favorite characters that I had the pleasure of playing with for over a RL year. Played a new character with that clan through the fall of Luir's and through the mantis occupation and for some time after the hordes were defeated and Luir's was reclaimed. There are probably way too many stories with that character to tell without missing alot of good stuff.

My second favorite staff run clan was the Sun Legions/Tuluki Templarate.

Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Salarr Expansion Division, for its intrigue, its badassery, its never-say-die, its extensive reach, its "rofl what" moments, its ability to cause two to three people a WEEK to ditch their former clans to join (that was a CRAZY time), and its inauguration of the SEEDS unit.

Yar.

I had the chance to be both in the Arm and in the Salarr Expansion Division when those two clans were at their most recent peak of awesomeness.  I would say that was a bitchin' experience, though I also have lots of love for House Fale and House Kadius.

I think the players in certain clans make the clans awesome, rather than it being a trait of the clans themselves.
"Last night a moth came to my bed
and filled my tired weary head
with horrid tales of you, I can't believe it's true.
But then the lampshade smiled at me -
It said believe, it said believe.
I want you to know it's nothing personal."

The Chosen

I've had some great clan experiences and some horrible ones.  But I keep coming back, and the good ones were really great.

The three favorites are easy for me: Kurac, Lyksae, and CAM.  But I think a lot of it comes from being in certain clans at the right time, and certain other ones at the wrong time.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

My FAVORITE clan is T'zai Byn. With 200 active pcs or with 2. Nothing says gritty then being on your hands and knees scrubbing piss and shit with a smile because you know it is better than being out there on your own.

Favorite Clan group: House Winrothol with Everyone that was there with Lieutenant Kestine and Sergeant Seeque and then Sujaal coming north and opening the academy! Man that core group is what made me finally understand what RPing was all about, that summer of 2000. It forever changed my RP. You all know who you are, but maybe one day, we will all be in the same clan again!
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Haruch Kemad - If you don't think there is a political underbelly besides the Guild in the Labyrinth, you are horribly wrong. HK opened my eyes to the depth behind some of the elven families, and introduced me to --

The "N-Tr" - You know who you are. We were awesome.

The Guild - Despite times that may have seemed twink-ish, I actually thoroughly enjoyed this clan and all that it stood for.

Expansion Division - Between ass-stabbery, pantless groping while unconscious, discovering mysterious secrets in far off lands, or discovering just how insane we were, this is by far one of the most hilarious and lasting clan experiences I have had in Arm.

House Lyksae - Thanks to the players, this clan has turned out to be one of the most fleshed out, developed, culturally rich clans ever to exist. Kudos to that!
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

I guess I should append my earlier post to specify that most of my Salarr experiences were in the Expansion Division, although a good deal of them were in plain jane vanilla House Salarr as well.

Not that playing in Salarr was ever a particularly vanilla experience.

And though it doesn't quite count as a clan itself, I've always thought the Jihaen Order was a really badass concept.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

The guild. Because of what it is.

Kurac. Because of how gritty/awesome it is, not to mention some of the coolest documentation.

The Arm. Because I've never had more fun playing, even if it was a short stint. Mainly because of awesome characters/players.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on October 21, 2008, 09:34:18 PM
The Arm. Because I've never had more fun playing, even if it was a short stint. Mainly because of awesome characters/players.

Even when pitted against one another.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

October 22, 2008, 12:07:08 AM #44 Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 12:10:58 AM by Red Ranger
Kurac.

Great history, diverse facets to the clan, fantastic players, fun and creative imms, my favorite times playing.
There is a tool for every task, and a task for every tool.
-Tywin Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock, Shield of Lannisport and Warden of the West

Quote from: Krath on October 21, 2008, 08:44:16 PM
My FAVORITE clan is T'zai Byn. With 200 active pcs or with 2. Nothing says gritty then being on your hands and knees scrubbing piss and shit with a smile because you know it is better than being out there on your own.

Favorite Clan group: House Winrothol with Everyone that was there with Lieutenant Kestine and Sergeant Seeque and then Sujaal coming north and opening the academy! Man that core group is what made me finally understand what RPing was all about, that summer of 2000. It forever changed my RP. You all know who you are, but maybe one day, we will all be in the same clan again!

I'm sorry, but I didn't start playing until sumer 2001. My first char was not with Sujaal in the Byn. She was a 50 day warrior. My second char was a Fale who lived a while.

So Sujaal was NOT 2000. I am drunk. Ignore typos.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Staff seems like a decent clan. I've been never been in it but ... from the experiences I've had with them, seems like they aren't all complete jerks.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

The Byn - you get all sorts coming through the doors and lacks a lot of the OOC clique rubbish that pervades some clans in particular.
The Guild (when it sticks to being a criminal gang)

You can't trust any bugger further than you can throw him, and there's nothing you can do about it, so let's have a drink" Dydactylos' philosophical mix of the Cynics, the Stoics and the Epicureans (Small Gods, Terry Pratchett)

QuoteFavorite Clan group: House Winrothol with Everyone that was there with Lieutenant Kestine and Sergeant Seeque and then Sujaal coming north and opening the academy! Man that core group is what made me finally understand what RPing was all about, that summer of 2000. It forever changed my RP. You all know who you are, but maybe one day, we will all be in the same clan again!

Mother fuck yes.  A-Fucking-Men.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.