A poisoned kiss

Started by Salt Merchant, October 01, 2008, 05:31:55 PM

Tool of the seductive assassin. She paints her lips with a compound that contains a poison. When her lover locks lips, perhaps he becomes immobilized. Or perhaps worse.

Lunch makes me happy.

Blue balls?

Deadly blue balls?

You slip and kiss yourself!

(I'm all for ideas that give more variety to poisons. If you can think of a way this would be implemented, it would be awesome.)

How would you go about that, code-wise?

The game would recognize the words "kiss" and "you" in the same emote and then make you poisoned?

Or you'd just get your victim poisoned by typing kiss <target>, which would then be considered a forced emote, I'm thinking.

I think you should do like the rest of us and backstab your victim in the neck once she's naked.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I think it sounds unrealistic. You'd have to put the poison on your lips.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

It sounds great in novels, and I'm sure it might have a place in Zalanthas as well...

Realistically, I wouldn't want to put poison in my mucus membrane.  Just doesn't sound like you'd get a very good result.

I'm sure you could work something out to make this happen.  Coded?  No thanks.  You'd probably need to work with your relevant immortals as part of a plot, set up a time to make it happen with everyone, and wish up when you're ready to start dabbing poison into your mouth.
Tryin' to make friends but people are jerks,
So I'm gonna put some fleas on you.
And the fleas'll have the plague,
And they'll make you cough a lot,
Then you'll be too sick to hurt my feelings anymore.

People can build up resistance to poisons. The assassin might have to spend months dosing herself, at first in tiny, tiny amounts, and then more as her resistance grows.

Yes, it would rely on the target using some sort of command like "kiss". Unfortunately, that is more likely to happen with an emote than the command itself. I suppose the way it could work is that if the target emotes about kissing her, she'd be entitled afterwards to "kiss <target>". If the target didn't think it went down properly, he could complain to the staff.
Lunch makes me happy.

Entirely too specific and rare. If you want to do this, handle it with staff on an individual basis.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Quote from: Tisiphone on October 01, 2008, 06:42:07 PM
Entirely too specific and rare. If you want to do this, handle it with staff on an individual basis.

This sounds like a pronouncement. An edict, even. Are you on staff?
Lunch makes me happy.

Well. She could offer to share her waterskin. In Zalanthas, that must be like what, third base?

You do realize that lips aren't entirely impermeable, don't you?  She's more likely to poison herself than someone else.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Quote from: Dalmeth on October 01, 2008, 07:47:15 PM
You do realize that lips aren't entirely impermeable, don't you?  She's more likely to poison herself than someone else.

People can build up resistance to poisons. The assassin might have to spend months dosing herself, at first in tiny, tiny amounts, and then more as her resistance grows.
Lunch makes me happy.

Quote from: Salt Merchant on October 01, 2008, 07:49:17 PM
Quote from: Dalmeth on October 01, 2008, 07:47:15 PM

This is a reality that I would very much like to see in game: the ability to build up an immunity to poisons.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

The assassin could always wax his lips first.  It might not be foolproof, but messing up would fall under the 'You accidentally poison yourself' category.
"Last night a moth came to my bed
and filled my tired weary head
with horrid tales of you, I can't believe it's true.
But then the lampshade smiled at me -
It said believe, it said believe.
I want you to know it's nothing personal."

The Chosen

Taking the cure prior to poisoning works MOST OF THE TIME IRL, don't think it does IG, though.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Too much James Bond.

Too little realism.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Long, long ago I remember the Blackwing Mia's deathkiss.  *grin*  Of course, it was totally ooc and an accident.
"This is ourselves.... under pressure."

say (defensively) And then I fell.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

you know, this idea has hit some criticism, but it's at least neat.

=-)

Quote from: ibusoe on October 01, 2008, 11:41:26 PM
you know, this idea has hit some criticism, but it's at least neat.

=-)

I agree, and where on earth have you been hiding?
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: spawnloser on October 01, 2008, 09:53:42 PM
Too much James Bond.

Too little realism.

QuoteA Chinese woman who killed her lover with a rat poison-laced kiss when she suspected him of being unfaithful has been sentenced to death, a newspaper said Thursday.

Xia Xinfeng, from Maolou in the central province of Henan, passed a capsule with rat poison from her mouth to her long-time lover, Mao Ansheng, during a kiss, the Shanghai Daily said.

Mao swallowed the capsule and died soon afterwards.

"The couple had said that if either one of them cheated on the other, he or she would have to die," the paper said in explaining the mouth-to-mouth assault.

Xia found Mao had been "talking" with another woman and deemed that he had broken their promise.

How about this style of poison kissing? Haha
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Quote from: Salt Merchant on October 01, 2008, 05:31:55 PM
Tool of the seductive assassin. She paints her lips with a compound that contains a poison. When her lover locks lips, perhaps he becomes immobilized. Or perhaps worse.

Poison Ivy's hawt.
Quote from: scienceAn early study by Plaut and Kohn-Speyer (1947)[11] found that horse smegma had a carcinogenic effect on mice. Heins et al.(1958)

Quote from: Salt Merchant on October 01, 2008, 05:54:43 PM

Yes, it would rely on the target using some sort of command like "kiss". Unfortunately, that is more likely to happen with an emote than the command itself. I suppose the way it could work is that if the target emotes about kissing her, she'd be entitled afterwards to "kiss <target>". If the target didn't think it went down properly, he could complain to the staff.

Man in Black: You guessed wrong.
Vizzini: You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...
Vizzini: [Vizzini stops suddenly, and falls dead to the right]
Buttercup: And to think, all that time it was your cup that was poisoned.
Man in Black: They were both poisoned. I spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder.
Quote from: scienceAn early study by Plaut and Kohn-Speyer (1947)[11] found that horse smegma had a carcinogenic effect on mice. Heins et al.(1958)

Too much James Bond.

Too little realism.

Laugh

Says the man who plays the game with mantis, magick and people who stay up for 5 days in a row without taking naps or doing uppers.
You know you've raised a nerd when your five year old answers the question "Do you know what gymnastics are?" with "Dungeons and Dragons?"

It's never too late to live happily ever after.

Quote from: Belgoikiss on October 04, 2008, 12:40:35 PM
Too much James Bond.

Too little realism.

Laugh

Says the man who plays the game with mantis, magick and people who stay up for 5 days in a row without taking naps or doing uppers.

I think what he's trying to say is that "the aesthetic does not seem to fit the genre."
IE: Giant obsidian axes seem more aesthetically consistent with the game world.

I'm not sure I agree, but it is a valid point.  The game world needs to be internally consistent. 
Personally, I'd be less dubious if anyone could actually come up with an even remotely feasible way to code contact poison of any kind.
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Yeah, this game is too fun, slick and sexy for this game.

=-)