off-peak concentration

Started by najdorf, September 17, 2008, 04:06:32 AM

Hello,
I am able to play between 1 pm - 5 pm EST and i decide to a make a nice, lovely character.
Currently i find it hard to spot a location in game where off-peak players are concentrated.
So can you tell me where? (Location or clan)
Thanks.

For my time zone, Allanak.  I've seen lots recently around 1am-7am.

Meet me at the intersection of North and Dol Takar.  Bring all your sid just in case you need it. ;)
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: najdorf on September 17, 2008, 04:06:32 AM
Hello,
I am able to play between 1 pm - 5 pm EST and i decide to a make a nice, lovely character.
Currently i find it hard to spot a location in game where off-peak players are concentrated.
So can you tell me where? (Location or clan)
Thanks.
I don't know about off peak, but come play near me. I miss you.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I think you should vote now.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Oh, Whoops. Sorry.

Quote from: Barzalene on September 18, 2008, 07:32:56 AM
Oh, Whoops. Sorry.

Like it was an accident! ;)
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

You start to question why you play this game when you don't see any PCs for real weeks.
Free your hate.

Player concentration, especially during off peak hours, does tend to change and fluctuate quite a bit.  Usually your best bet if you're looking to hook up with people is either one of the major cities, peak or off peak.
Eastman: he came out of the east to do battle with The Amazing Rando!

I will say that I was playing from about 10am - now(9:30 pm) and I had no problems. In Tuluk. Of course, there were large down times when I read up on all kinds of Arm stuff.

And yes, I have been playing for almost 12 hours straight now. I am sick. I can't do antyhing else. ~sigh~ Not even shower.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

I know that around midnight (ct) Tuluk was hoppin'. I don't, however, recommend iso clans, or clans with a small, small amount of players in them.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

For us real, offpeakers, after midnight EST, Allanak is the place.

When there were only 8-10 people online, you can usually find 6 of us in Allanak.
Don't piss me off. I'm running out of places to hide the bodies.

Mid-day Tuluk is doing pretty well right now.  Between noon and 4 pm eastern.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Quote from: Dan on September 27, 2008, 12:31:03 PM
Mid-day Tuluk is doing pretty well right now.  Between noon and 4 pm eastern.

That is EU Peak Time, so I'd hope so!

Mostly, off peak time is from 6am to noon for EU, which is 1am EST until 7am EST. The truly dead hours when the undead-I mean, when the offpeakers come alive.
Don't piss me off. I'm running out of places to hide the bodies.

Bodom, after midnight.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Nile on September 18, 2008, 07:05:02 PM
You start to question why you play this game when you don't see any PCs for real weeks.
You play because this game is hardcore.

And the reason you haven't seen anyone is because you obviously lack the scan skill.

:P
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

The other day I logged in at an awful hour, checked who and saw that there was 2 people other then myself, Walked into the gaj and there they were. ;D
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: X-D on September 29, 2008, 02:51:19 PM
The other day I logged in at an awful hour, checked who and saw that there was 2 people other then myself, Walked into the gaj and there they were. ;D

Were they mudsexxing right on the bar?
Was there no safety? No learning by heart of the ways of the world? No guide, no shelter, but all was miracle and leaping from the pinnacle of a tower into the air?

Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse

Allanak does seem to get the early morning GMTers. Tuluk can be dead when you come on at 10am GMT, there's always someone knocking about in 'nak.
Carpe Diem - Fish of the day

I tend to concentrate all my Chars in Tuluk, but yhea, Under 10 players on usualy when I get on, (GMT) and none are in Tuluk, but, I tend not to care that much
A single whisper can echo across eternity, while the loudest shout is doomed to be swallowed by the abyss.

I'm in Tuluk while there are under 10.

Or around there.  ;)
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on November 18, 2008, 09:03:16 PM

Or around there.  ;)

AmandaGreathouse is great if you're insane and need your role play fix at like 4:30am in the mornings  ;D
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Or around there.  ;)

Your always around though lol, you dont count, by now your a permanently active NPC :P
A single whisper can echo across eternity, while the loudest shout is doomed to be swallowed by the abyss.

Quote from: Killercarp on November 19, 2008, 03:34:17 AM

Or around there.  ;)

Your always around though lol, you dont count, by now your a permanently active NPC :P

Awww, they were supposed to find -that- one out IC.  ;D

I always seem to be playing after midnight EST..ive found come 4am theres 10-12 people on..I like the smaller crowds personally..less chance of running into some raider and losing your life or your new boots :)