60+
7 (30.4%)
Stick to OOC ages and the appearance in the score command
3 (13%)
Other... (see my post below)
3 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: May 09, 2003, 01:40:32 PM

I'm wondering when a zalanthan would start getting physically weaker. I know a lot depends on the characte, but I wonder if people would generally age faster due to the harsh environment (in the south at least). I suppose the "which by your race and appearance is mature" message sums it up, but it's a bit vague. If I wanted to play a character who has taken a beating over his in game life and is paying for it with a lower active lifespan, what would be an acceptable age for this to happen? Any other general thoughts on the subject? I'd like to hear them.

Ive played old characters in the past and they just typically start out statistically weaker. Like I made a character as old as possible for human '58' which appeared as still just middle-aged on score. He lived to be about 62 I think, and was 'Old' around 61. Ive seen people 'Very Old' and 'Ancient' with assess. So to be soooo old that you can barely move you'd have to be at least 80. Maybe making very old 70, and ancient 80.

But Ill say this, my 58 started out stastically weak. I.e All poor stats and exceptional wisdom. Implying a frail body and strong mind Im assuming. I dont know if a character will don these traits through living aging, (i.e aging a character to old from young etc.) but seems to be the way they start out. It happened two or three times, mightve been a coincedence, but seems like it would fit anyways.