Shame (the opposite of bragging)

Started by Halcyon, August 03, 2008, 02:54:48 AM

I forget to unhitch people before I walk "away" from them all the time. I wish I could put it into my prompt.

Here's a shame I recently remembered:

My first, and only dwarf, was stupid. I was a newb and had NO idea what to pick for a focus but I wanted a bad ass dwarf so I make one... that wants to get... married... as her focus. Thinking back, I am shocked staff approved it. Surprisingly easy focus for a dwarf. Especially when you have an even stupider HG to corrupt.

So I find me this HG, and we decide that now we're married. And to consumate we have to sleep together. So we do. Me falling asleep on his massive chest, he holding me like a bay-bay. From then on I called him my husband. A smarter dwarf was disgusted and appalled and murdered me in the Byn sparring room after knocking me out.

Thank you, murderer, thank you very much.

That fiasco led me to never play anything but humans. I'll definitely never play a dwarf again, ever.
* ShaLeah hangs her head in shame, unable to look any of you in the eye.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: ShaLeah on July 25, 2012, 07:16:58 AM

So I find me this HG, and we decide that now we're married. And to consumate we have to sleep together. So we do. Me falling asleep on his massive chest, he holding me like a bay-bay. From then on I called him my husband. A smarter dwarf was disgusted and appalled and murdered me in the Byn sparring room after knocking me out.

Am I the only one who thinks this is awesome?  ;D

Quote from: Akaramu on July 25, 2012, 08:22:15 AM

You're not. Not at all. In fact, I think it's a shame the dwarf didn't move on to 'get married to something not a giant' or something similar to a focus.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: Patuk on July 25, 2012, 10:16:44 AM
Quote from: Akaramu on July 25, 2012, 08:22:15 AM

You're not. Not at all. In fact, I think it's a shame the dwarf didn't move on to 'get married to something not a giant' or something similar to a focus.

Heh, I had her for a total of maybe 24 hours, there was no time to look for another focus. She was barely out of her honeymoon before her Byn mate wacked her. Same day in fact.

I am now ashamed YOU TWO think it was awesome. Thanks for shifting the focus off my self loathing. Don't think I'm not on to you.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

It's too late. My first dwarf was going to be a maniac with a focus that would have unintentionally make the world explose, but this is much better, it is.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Thank you ShaLeah.  This has made me happy today.    :D :D :D

Quote from: jstorrie on July 11, 2012, 08:33:19 PM
Quote from: Schrodingers Cat on July 07, 2012, 11:47:03 AMI turned mercy on and we move in and try to knock him out. For some stupid reason I decide to trample him and it which kills him and ruins the whole scene.  Lesson to be learned: merch on doesn't stop special attacks from killing.

I don't know, running a terrified, paralyzed guy over with a giant beetle and turning him into mush seems like a scene in itself.

I'm so jealous. Why don't I ever get the creative deaths like this? Getting run over by a mount, now that's cool. No, for me it's always backstab, backstab, carru, backstab....  :(
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

If most of your deaths are to backstab you're definitely playing the game right.

I'm a little ashamed whenever I don't know the answer to a veteran's question in helper chat. Sorry, guys!  :-[

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on July 29, 2012, 06:49:49 PM
If most of your deaths are to backstab you're definitely playing the game right.

What if all my pk's are backstabs? (both of them)
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

I'll RP before I PK someone, one of these days.

Sometimes I make characters just to see what crazy shit can happen to them before they die a quick and meaningless death. I feel no shame for that. Should I?

Quote from: John on August 01, 2012, 08:37:32 AM
Sometimes I make characters just to see what crazy shit can happen to them before they die a quick and meaningless death. I feel no shame for that. Should I?

Not in my book. :)

I should only play half-giants for the amount of typos and grammar mistakes I make.
:-)

Quote from: kayza on August 01, 2012, 10:37:57 AM
I should only play half-giants for the amount of typos and grammar mistakes I make.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Uh, I have like over 180, atleast, PC's that have been stored/died....over like 7 years or so....maybe 8? Is this shameful?
"I stalk the shadows, I am the one who wears that friendly face. Behind your every move, there is nothing you can do. Pride yourself in the fact that you do not already rot and bake. Be prepared, I am always watching." - Allanaki Assassin

August 01, 2012, 11:24:20 AM #892 Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 11:36:49 AM by Ender
Quote from: HammerofJericho on August 01, 2012, 10:55:50 AM
Uh, I have like over 180, atleast, PC's that have been stored/died....over like 7 years or so....maybe 8? Is this shameful?

That's sooo many sdescs, descs, and backgrounds.  That makes my head spin.

In twelve years I've only had 19 PCs.
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

Quote from: Ender on August 01, 2012, 11:24:20 AM
[/q]

That's sooo many sdescs, descs, and backgrounds.  That makes my head spin.

Well, we can't all be Ender.
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

Quote from: Ender on August 01, 2012, 11:24:20 AM

That's sooo many sdescs, descs, and backgrounds.  That makes my head spin.

I'm a machine in creating sdesc, mdesc, and sometimes backgrounds....>.>, it's a lot of the enjoyment this game brings me :)
"I stalk the shadows, I am the one who wears that friendly face. Behind your every move, there is nothing you can do. Pride yourself in the fact that you do not already rot and bake. Be prepared, I am always watching." - Allanaki Assassin

For a moment I thought I had ender beat, 36PCs in 20 years, but on a twelve year span that comes up to 21.6PCs...The shame...
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: X-D on August 01, 2012, 02:08:25 PM
For a moment I thought I had ender beat, 36PCs in 20 years, but on a twelve year span that comes up to 21.6PCs...The shame...

No shame it bud,  8).
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

Quote from: Ender on August 01, 2012, 05:26:10 PM
Quote from: X-D on August 01, 2012, 02:08:25 PM

No shame it bud,  8).

Yah huh there is. Try harder, X-D.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Back in about 2003, I was once playing an unscrupulous indy ranger (my first, I was attempting to be a real bastard).  When I saw someone walk into the apartment that used to be just north of the Bard's Barrel, off of the plaza there, I followed him in and just started shooting him with generic poisoned arrows until he died.  The guy did make a good show of it, changing his ldesc and such, but I was so full of adrenaline because it was my first pointless PK (and my last 'pointless' PK at least) his efforts were mostly wasted on me.  Sometimes you just gotta break a few eggs though.

24 characters in twelve years. For a second I thought I might be tied with Ender so I ran and checked my list...
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.