Shame (the opposite of bragging)

Started by Halcyon, August 03, 2008, 02:54:48 AM

Quote from: chrisdcoulombe on June 25, 2012, 03:55:45 PM
I'm playing a gemmed Ruk and I found a bag of spice stashed, just off the outer circle of Allanak.  My character, two vivs an elkros and another guy are all camped on the edge of the salt flats doing spice and drinking.  It is before dawn and we are attacked by an elf or elves from distance with arrows.  We lose one person in the attack and that character was named after a real life apple.    I couldn't help, but say "They shot her, they shot her right through the core."

We would have saved her, but the gate guards didn't let the other guy drag her through the gates, obvious magicker racism.  That is when she was shot her through the core.

I read this and took a bunch of elves killed a gicker.

This is a brag not a shame. ::insert evil face::
Czar of City Elves.

Quote from: Dakota on June 25, 2012, 04:35:40 PM
Quote from: chrisdcoulombe on June 25, 2012, 03:55:45 PM
I'm playing a gemmed Ruk and I found a bag of spice stashed, just off the outer circle of Allanak.  My character, two vivs an elkros and another guy are all camped on the edge of the salt flats doing spice and drinking.  It is before dawn and we are attacked by an elf or elves from distance with arrows.  We lose one person in the attack and that character was named after a real life apple.    I couldn't help, but say "They shot her, they shot her right through the core."

We would have saved her, but the gate guards didn't let the other guy drag her through the gates, obvious magicker racism.  That is when she was shot her through the core.

I read this and took a bunch of elves killed a gicker.

This is a brag not a shame. ::insert evil face::
LOL  the shame is that we said they SHOT HER THROUGH THE CORE...and she was named after an apple. LOL.  I was just putting it in context.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

So was her name Gala or Granny Smith?

Quote from: Delirium on June 25, 2012, 05:14:34 PM
I bet it was Red Delicious.

And I bet she had red hair.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

June 25, 2012, 06:47:42 PM #855 Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 07:49:16 PM by Kismetic
That is one shame of mine, maybe I already posted it.  When I played briefly a long time back, I had a eunuch ranger who had a thing for outcasts, and befriended a gicker-type.  She [did a thing of magic rapid travel], to show him this impossible to reach place.  In my noobishness, I [didn't get to rapid travel back].  He died there, after trying to eat his mount and drink its blood.

I learned like four times more about magick as my breed pickpocket than I did as my gicker. I'm not even sure how that happened.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Quote from: Kismetic on June 25, 2012, 06:47:42 PM
Quote from: Adj on June 25, 2012, 04:17:20 AM
Teleport

Magicky stuff

I think you're really skirting, or gone over the line with this. May want to edit.

Hey, look, for shame!  I edited my post.

Quote from: Barsook on June 25, 2012, 05:18:16 PM
Quote from: Delirium on June 25, 2012, 05:14:34 PM
I bet it was Red Delicious.

And I bet she had red hair.

And caramel skin.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

My biggest shame actually and its still embarrassing for a lot of reasons.

I once set up an epic RPT with my indie group where I would lead an army of Salarr, Kurac and His Legion to launch a surprise attack on another clan. Spent ages on it and people seemed pretty excited. Staff was well notified with reports, etc. Was going to be epic.

Then I logged in on the day it was to happen.. to find out the other lynch-pin for this plot to happen, Kilaski "Mr. Emo" Salarr died a few hours before. Once he died, Salarr backed out. Once Salarr backed out, Kurac backed out. His Legion backed out as they their was no way in hell they were going to be out alone with my rogue group.

I spent the next few hours IG totally depressed getting contacted by a hoard PCs who hadn't heard their clans backed out as well as having to break the news to some staff that were nice enough to log on to look over the RPT.. Having to tell everyone it was off was so shameful and pathetic.

I wanted to bury my head in the sand, store and never play arm again; it was so embarrassing.
Czar of City Elves.

Awww, that's really sad. :(

Stuff like that sucks! Really, Salarr should have just stayed in. Sucks! Not really your fault though.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I cheered when Kilaski died. Simply because he never took my gypo nearly as seriously as he should have.

Yes, that's a shame.  :P

Knew about it in advance, and was waiting for it to happen, with popcorn and a big grin on my face.

Quote from: Akaramu on July 05, 2012, 05:05:54 PM
I cheered when Kilaski died. Simply because he never took my gypo nearly as seriously as he should have.

Knew about it in advance, and was waiting for it to happen, with popcorn and a big grin on my face.

That character must have seriously hated Salarr...
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Quote from: Feco on July 05, 2012, 06:17:09 PM
Quote from: Akaramu on July 05, 2012, 05:05:54 PM

That character must have seriously hated Salarr...

For good reason!  ;) Had some mischief planned for Salarr but it didn't happen because the time coordination with other players didn't work out. Oh well.

I've accidentally killed more PC's than intentionally.

:-\
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

So I'm playing a raider out of RSV and this guy chases me (after a brief fight in the sands that I ended up having to flee) Storm and proceeds to lay it down how hes going to utterly destroy me of something along those lines).  But now that I'm in RSV and i have some buddies with me I start to mook him a little and tell him to come back outside and we'll settle the
matter.

So my two two buddies and myself are sitting there just northeast of RVS watching and waiting, talking "gang" biz, thinking he'll never come and maybe he's calling for help or something.  Then we see him come out and head west and stop a couple rooms away.  It looks like he's going to try to shoot us.  I pull out a paraine arrow and shoot him.  He goes stiff and then I emphatically tell the others DO NOT KILL HIM (at least not right away).  I turned mercy on and we move in and try to knock him out. For some stupid reason I decide to trample him and it which kills him and ruins the whole scene.  Lesson to be learned: merch on doesn't stop special attacks from killing.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on July 07, 2012, 04:03:40 AM
I've accidentally killed more PC's than intentionally.

:-\

This. I felt so bad when it happened, too.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

I picked the wrong sub-guild for my current.
Fredd-

Quote from: Barsook on July 11, 2012, 01:36:52 AM

There's always an hefty price to pay for awesome stats  ;)
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on July 11, 2012, 01:38:22 AM

There's always an hefty price to pay for awesome stats  ;)

Heh.  And it wasn't for the stats for me.  Just bad thinking.
Fredd-

Oh man. I always pick the worst possible sub. Really really dumb. :(
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Schrodingers Cat on July 07, 2012, 11:47:03 AMI turned mercy on and we move in and try to knock him out. For some stupid reason I decide to trample him and it which kills him and ruins the whole scene.  Lesson to be learned: merch on doesn't stop special attacks from killing.

I don't know, running a terrified, paralyzed guy over with a giant beetle and turning him into mush seems like a scene in itself.

..I remember that event. I think we kinda underestimated our hitting power.
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.