Shame (the opposite of bragging)

Started by Halcyon, August 03, 2008, 02:54:48 AM

Yeah check real-life assumptions at the door in any RPI, that's what I've found is the best.

I typically do, but I occasionally get tripped up.

I've caught myself a few times before I faux pas'd though. I nearly told someone to 'look it up' once and almost talked about the placement of letters in names...which ICly, I wouldn't know 'cause duh, illiterate! Heh ^_^;

Also, I've stopped myself from sarcastically saying, "Magic!" when someone asks how something was done. Woo, willpower against my RL tendencies!

"How'd that get up there?"
"Magic!"

Would be BAD. -laughs-

Quote from: PurpleParrot on May 30, 2012, 03:54:38 AM
"Magic!"
"Sharps!"
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Quote from: Morrolan on May 30, 2012, 01:45:55 PM
Quote from: PurpleParrot on May 30, 2012, 03:54:38 AM
"Magic!"
"Sharps!"

It just, like, sprouted legs and totally walked, man. Tek as my witness.

A few of my human con artists managed to say something like, "I totally fucked with his mind. When I was done with him, he didnt know left from right."  Or something similar like that. That's how you get a mind bender rep :D.

I am a terrible elitist when it comes to people who start emotes by using your character and then continue to address them but instead of using !^# (etc) they use his/hers.
It's an instant immerzions remover.

I'd much rather see YOU than my sdesc and sort of feel that it could easily be achieved and why hasn't this changed since I know I idead it 11 years ago and everyone should feel like I do.

I am coming to the realization that I am much more Tuluki in my play than Nakki even though by FAR I prefer Allanak's grittiness to the nuance of Tuluk; the characters my characters hate have zero clue.

I have newbies showing me shit on the game I had no idea existed even though I've been around way longer than they have.

I have way more karma than I deserve.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: ShaLeah on May 31, 2012, 02:03:38 PM
I am a terrible elitist when it comes to people who start emotes by using your character and then continue to address them but instead of using !^# (etc) they use his/hers.
It's an instant immerzions remover.

I'd much rather see YOU than my sdesc and sort of feel that it could easily be achieved and why hasn't this changed since I know I idead it 11 years ago and everyone should feel like I do.

I am coming to the realization that I am much more Tuluki in my play than Nakki even though by FAR I prefer Allanak's grittiness to the nuance of Tuluk; the characters my characters hate have zero clue.

I have newbies showing me shit on the game I had no idea existed even though I've been around way longer than they have.

I'm with the karma police, I need to confiscate some of your excess karma.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Arrest this man. He talks in maths.

Quote from: ShaLeah on May 31, 2012, 02:03:38 PM

Imposter syndrome.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

They buzz, like a fridge, or like a radio which has been incorrectly tuned.

Quote from: Yam on May 31, 2012, 02:51:24 PM

I'm stoked for Radiohead.  Not even two weeks.  I'll take pics if I can.

Quote from: Kismetic on May 31, 2012, 09:21:03 PM
Quote from: Yam on May 31, 2012, 02:51:24 PM

I'm stoked for Radiohead.  Not even two weeks.  I'll take pics if I can.

Oh man. I love Radiohead...but was so dull live.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

We're going pretty off topic here. Unless you're ashamed of Radiohead.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Quote from: Iiyola on May 31, 2012, 09:31:27 PM

I ashamed of the GDB police that I associate with in this community. :p
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

And this just feels like, spinning plates.

/derail

Quote from: Maso on May 31, 2012, 09:39:04 PM
Quote from: Iiyola on May 31, 2012, 09:31:27 PM

I ashamed of the GDB police that I associate with in this community. :p

Requent many forums? They're everywhere.

I actually got pretty frustrated with a pc I ran once. He had some mild to very outrageous hemotes and nobody ever (almost never) reacted to them. Sometimes I was like ... Am I really so damn stealthy, or they choose not to react, wtf.

Quote from: PurpleParrot on May 30, 2012, 01:00:14 AM
I hate when I do something that's influenced by RL common sense or preferences and then am ridiculed by other PCs IG. The most recent incident is too recent, but on a different game, it was cold and there wasn't a bathhouse, so my character using my stupid "common sense" didn't bathe after getting blood all over her from WATCHING someone else kill something.

Word. The first few weeks I played I had a constant mental litany of DON'T MENTION WRITING DON'T MENTION MAGIC DON'T MENTION WATER. I still have to catch myself from using verbs like "drowned," and sometimes they sneak through.

Honestly, what catches me up all the time is IC tolerance of homosexuality. Every single MU*/RPI I've ever played on had major OOC bias against gay players/characters, major IC bias against open homosexuality, or both.

Elves, magic, variable post-apocalyptic tech levels, gender equality, godkings, sure! No problem! No one caring who my character kanks as long as they're the same caste and species? What is this I do not understand.

I feel that drowning could be a valid verb, it wouldn't be common, but I can see some poor smuck drowning because he was so thirsty that when he got back to his clan compound he stuck his head in the tun and never came back out.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Or, you know, Tuluk.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

I have heard 'drowning in silt' plenty of times.
<SanveanArmageddon> d00d
---
[Laeris] (11:52:53 AM): If penicillin started spilling out of your butt, what would you do with it?

Quote from: Reiteration on June 11, 2012, 03:03:15 AM
I feel that drowning could be a valid verb, it wouldn't be common, but I can see some poor smuck drowning because he was so thirsty that when he got back to his clan compound he stuck his head in the tun and never came back out.

Amos, he was so thirsty, he leaned over that cistern and tipped hisself over and fell in and he couldn't get out no matter how hard he kicked.

Finally he smothered.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: Samoa on June 11, 2012, 05:12:06 AM
I have heard 'drowning in silt' plenty of times.

This is what I always figured.

I used fish once.  I don't remember in what conext.  I felt like an idiot the very moment I hit enter.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Babies can drown in very little water.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Yeaaah. I imagine after the events of a few years ago, the word "drowned" have inserted itself into the Zalanthan lexicon, at least in Tuluk. Especially for denizens of Undertuluk, those guys probably even know how to spell it.