Shame (the opposite of bragging)

Started by Halcyon, August 03, 2008, 02:54:48 AM

September 01, 2010, 05:52:44 AM #375 Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 05:54:45 AM by Reiloth
Quote from: Gunnerblaster on August 31, 2010, 02:20:09 AM
Quote from: Reiloth on August 31, 2010, 01:37:42 AM
Quote from: jstorrie on August 31, 2010, 01:18:25 AM
Quote from: Reiloth on August 30, 2010, 01:48:02 AM
jstorrie's shame: never really killing anyone with an assassin.

I killed that elf. Or maybe you did. Look, I was present when the elf died. I mean, he was in the same argosy as us, somewhere.

That was such a three stooges assassination.
My shame: I was that elf, if I think I know what you two are talking about.

we totally buttraped your corpse. (shame)

EDIT: Actually wait, I was playing a female at the time. I did however deliver that elf's head and got a promotion. (brag).

X2 EDIT: Wait, jstorrie, how did he die? Wasn't it like exhaustingly slow death from terradin, and him running around puking and screaming how he was poisoned and ack omg blegh dead?
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on September 01, 2010, 05:52:44 AM

I killed that elf. Or maybe you did. Look, I was present when the elf died. I mean, he was in the same argosy as us, somewhere.

EDIT: Actually wait, I was playing a female at the time. I did however deliver that elf's head and got a promotion. (brag).

X2 EDIT: Wait, jstorrie, how did he die? Wasn't it like exhaustingly slow death from terradin, and him running around puking and screaming how he was poisoned and ack omg blegh dead?
LOL! That was it. It was a hilarious (and relatively unexpected) death. I had some time to just wander around - Puking. Not so much screaming. More like, "I won't give those dirty roundears the pleasure of killing me themselves!" so... Yeah. Imagine just hanging around when someone pukes then sneaks away :P

Shame: I had entirely too much fun dying.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on September 01, 2010, 01:09:11 PM
Quote from: Reiloth on September 01, 2010, 05:52:44 AM

LOL! That was it. It was a hilarious (and relatively unexpected) death. I had some time to just wander around - Puking. Not so much screaming. More like, "I won't give those dirty roundears the pleasure of killing me themselves!" so... Yeah. Imagine just hanging around when someone pukes then sneaks away :P

Shame: I had entirely too much fun dying.

Someone pukes on the ground.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

I've stored thirteen characters. Twice, I've stored three in a row. Once I even stored a special app.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit on September 02, 2010, 03:26:12 AM
I've stored thirteen characters. Twice, I've stored three in a row. Once I even stored a special app.

Yeah, and then you stored your GDB account.

~Jack Vance~

Stored a couple elfies instead of finding a glorious (or inglorious) death for them.
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Sha.
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

I've stored two characters.

One was a gladiator mantis app'd just after what ended up being the last Gladiator games that were going to be held (semi) regularly.  I think it was like three years before I got him stored.

The other was a moderately skilled, special app'd sorcerer.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Stored more characters than I can count, including sponsored roles, most of them (and some in particular) to my later regret. I've done my best to break the habit and stick through tougher times.

I had a noble die of a spice overdose.

I had a long-lived warrior in the most amazing of situations involving Vedelarin, Pearl, etc., who I recently read about in a piece of game history (source not revealed) from 2002, who died of blood-burning poison because he was too full to swallow the tablet.

I've stored 2(!!!!) Templars.

I stupid suicided a well-branched sorc in a fit of total boredom even though he was in the middle of cool plots.

In fact, I am the ultimate squanderer of awesome situations. I beat all of you, I guarantee it.

... but not this time! This time will not be squandered!

One of my characters who was a hardcore Allanaki loyalist is one of the main reasons Tuluk won their freedom from Allanak.

I was sent north to infiltrate the rebellion, but at the time there was no PC rebellion, so with the help of the Blackmoon, I started one.  And the rest is more or less history.  Whoops.
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

Quote from: Ender on September 09, 2010, 11:39:41 AM
One of my characters who was a hardcore Allanaki loyalist is one of the main reasons Tuluk won their freedom from Allanak.

I was sent north to infiltrate the rebellion, but at the time there was no PC rebellion, so with the help of the Blackmoon, I started one.  And the rest is more or less history.  Whoops.

That's pretty damn funny. And I'm not sure it's a shame either.

That's definitely a brag.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Man, I loved playing in the north back then.  I never played a rebel, but I got invited into one of their sekret forts.

Nothing generates conflict RP better than civil war / rebellion.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

I've recently considered apping a character with a mullet in his sdesc, entirely for the troll factor.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: HavokBlue on September 09, 2010, 05:29:26 PM
I've recently considered apping a character with a mullet in his sdesc, entirely for the troll factor.

Bringing a mullet into Armageddon? You sicko.  :)
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

Quote from: Scarecrow on September 09, 2010, 06:43:55 PM
Quote from: HavokBlue on September 09, 2010, 05:29:26 PM

Bringing a mullet into Armageddon? You sicko.  :)

Mullets should never be brought into anything.

Ever.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Youtube.

Kenny Powers.

Then tell me mullets don't belong somewhere.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Please do not post details of things happening within the past real-life year.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Dan on September 10, 2010, 10:46:29 AM
Youtube.

Kenny Powers.

Then tell me mullets don't belong somewhere.

The mullets don't belong anywhere
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

Long ago, when you could see your saving throws, I had a half-giant who was rated as Immune to poisons. So, after an hour or so of roaming the market looking through gear, I promptly headed into the Rinth where I ran afoul of a skinny who showed me the pointy end of his knife.

Long story short, that HG took about an hour to die from the bloodburn.
"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry."
- Samuel Clemens

My shame:

Pretty much the only reason I'm excited about 2.arm (whenever it eventually comes around thirty goddamn years from now) is that I'll be able to recycle cool descriptions and concepts that got cut short on 1.arm.

Quote from: Qzzrbl on September 12, 2010, 06:41:22 AM
My shame:

Pretty much the only reason I'm excited about 2.arm (whenever it eventually comes around thirty goddamn years from now) is that I'll be able to recycle cool descriptions and concepts that got cut short on 1.arm.

Agreed.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I had a character age 34 years IG.. but actually played only 2 days and 13 hours... and it wasn't a gladiator.
Gamblin' with souls since '79'

When I played Doshek, there was this one potential named "Ratpiss".

He was fucking awesome, from what little I saw of him.... Like.... He pissed himself while walking-- as if it were nothing.... He was dirty, nasty.... Overall, a picture of what more 'Rinthers should be.

My shame?

I accidentally got him killed.

And when I went to send him kudos, I didn't have his sdesc, so I couldn't send him kudos. :(

So if you played Ratpiss-- Just know that I thought he was awesome.