Shame (the opposite of bragging)

Started by Halcyon, August 03, 2008, 02:54:48 AM

Quote from: spicemustflow on July 29, 2010, 07:54:23 AM
I got carrued when I decided to travel to Tuluk from Luirs to seek my fortune there. On foot. It was pretty cool, actually, in hindsight.

My first pc was Carrued. I didn't know what it was. So i fought it, and almost won.

LOL.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Maybe it wasn't me and I'm taking someone else's credit, or blame, but I think I invented a verb!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Scarecrow on July 31, 2010, 07:02:48 PM
Those carru sound scary. Thank you for the warning. We should make more carru hide things, to teach them a lesson and avenge our dead beloved characters.

I like you.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

August 01, 2010, 01:29:45 PM #303 Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 01:58:04 PM by Fredd
Quote from: Barzalene on August 01, 2010, 11:07:41 AM
Quote from: Scarecrow on July 31, 2010, 07:02:48 PM
Those carru sound scary. Thank you for the warning. We should make more carru hide things, to teach them a lesson and avenge our dead beloved characters.

I like you.

Hmmm... Carru hide thong...

my shame: I have an Armadiction.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

I Died to a Ox after getting away from it............ I went back for my mount (Smacks for head) Stupid I know........

I feel guilty that I don't use bios. But I just can't get myself to do it on top of all the other RL and game related writing I'm supposed to do. I've been meaning to write a new novel, as well... but didn't, since I started playing Arm again. Too much writing.  :-[

Thank you Barzalene. Somewhere there is a big, huge water tank, full of tears cried for lost characters who we really didn't want to die, but did, and usually stupidly. More tears thinking about all the great plans/friends/plots that are gone now, never to be accomplished...
Wow, that was depressing. Okay, think happy thoughts.

(thinks of Flubber dancing to a stupid song)
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

Quote from: Scarecrow on August 03, 2010, 05:02:04 AM
Thank you Barzalene. Somewhere there is a big, huge water tank, full of tears cried for lost characters who we really didn't want to die, but did, and usually stupidly. More tears thinking about all the great plans/friends/plots that are gone now, never to be accomplished...
Wow, that was depressing. Okay, think happy thoughts.

(thinks of Flubber dancing to a stupid song)

*Seal of approval.*
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

I've had four dreams about armageddon this week, all of them involving my character dying, and an overwhelming sense of panic with each one of them.

Quote from: MeTekillot on August 03, 2010, 01:41:24 PM
I've had four dreams about armageddon this week, all of them involving my character dying, and an overwhelming sense of panic with each one of them.
Haha, same.  Strangely enough.

I'm guessing both of you plan on going to that same RPT. The one that's scheduled up in august. Well ... there are worse ways to die.

Quote from: MeTekillot on August 03, 2010, 01:41:24 PM
I think more than half of my (memorable) Armageddon dreams involved my character dying.  It really sucked each time, but was quite a sense of relief upon awakening.

August 03, 2010, 02:05:50 PM #312 Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 02:23:42 PM by Lancer
QuotePlease don't post details of or allusions to recent IC events. Thank you. - Talia

I made no mention of any specific events, characters, groups, cities, affiliations, or deaths in my admin-edited post, please forgive me for such behavior.

So the next shame on my list... I got attached to playing my character?

Quote from: Lancer on August 03, 2010, 02:05:50 PM

This happens to us all. Welcome to Crackageddon! ;)

Best cure for being attached to a character is to play another totally awesome character. Eventually, it doesn't hit you quite so hard, though the pull of the game remains strong.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

Quote from: Talia on August 03, 2010, 02:29:39 PM

This happens to us all. Welcome to Crackageddon! ;)

Best cure for being attached to a character is to play another totally awesome character. Eventually, it doesn't hit you quite so hard, though the pull of the game remains strong.

I still get sad when my awesome pc dies. Best cure is to think up a new awesome pc.

When I get really depressed, I like a nice human tribal. Al'seik FTW.

I've only had four PC's, so I don't know how it feels to lose a long-lived character. Yet. It will happen eventually, though.

One more for the Karma Carru:

RL: Evening so on my second glass of wine (love you Italy)
Game: My 13 day warrior sees a carru far north..phone-a-friend using the way-phone "haha the carru is mine"...Someone else dials in.. not paying attention and guess who shows up, Mr. Carru (notice my newfound respect). Bam knocks my pc out and takes his time killing him while I'm sitting behind my keyboard thinking "huh, why is my stun so low".

Thank goodness for instant replay..er logs.

QuotePlease don't post details of or allusions to recent IC events. Thank you. - Talia

I made no mention of any specific events, characters, groups, cities, affiliations, or deaths in my admin-edited post, please forgive me for such behavior.

I cried my eyes out when my second character died.  I haven't reacted quite that badly since.  She was quietly spice-addicted and woke up (logged in) rolled over on her bedroll to take her morning snort and *beep* -Mantishead.  I'd played her for almost three years.  Was a serious bummer.
"It's got a wonderful defense mechanism. You don't dare kill it."

Today was unbelieveably hot in my office. After all work was done, I opened up my MUD client at the garden and started smoke+coffee+MUDding routine.

And while I was totally immersed, I felt a stinging pain in my pants just above the knee and the next moment I was pantless in the middle of the campus - my office is in the campus of the local uni - stomping on a bug.

I don't know how it entered my pants. I don't know what it was, either but I believe it has a relation to scrabs. Its carapace was hard and crunchy.

Thankfully it's summertime and there was noone but a couple other programmers from a neighbouring office. I'm sure they'll laugh at me for a few years about the 'pantless' part.

Beat this shame if you can.
Q  : Where do you piss?
Yam: On elves.
Q  : And if the area, lacks elves at the given time?
Yam: Scan.

Quote from: Akaramu on August 03, 2010, 04:48:41 AM
I feel guilty that I don't use bios. But I just can't get myself to do it on top of all the other RL and game related writing I'm supposed to do. I've been meaning to write a new novel, as well... but didn't, since I started playing Arm again. Too much writing.  :-[

I don't really use them either.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: RedKingsBreaker on August 04, 2010, 08:45:33 AM

I cried my eyes out when my second character died.  I haven't reacted quite that badly since.  She was quietly spice-addicted and woke up (logged in) rolled over on her bedroll to take her morning snort and *beep* -Mantishead.  I'd played her for almost three years.  Was a serious bummer.

What killed her?

1.  I struggle getting past the Hack 'n Slash mud mindset.  Have since I came here.  Too many times I do things not for any real rp reason, but for a hope/chance at bumping a skill.

2.  I've checked for corpses of my previous character lost before, a few times.

3.  I suck roleplaying without any other PCs around to interact with, treating it as if I'm just there to max skills.  Walk out of Red Storm, type in sneak to improve my desert sneak, walk until I find a deposit, spam 'use sifter deposit' until it's gone, sneak back to the tavern, rest on a cot for faster regen, no emotes whatsoever, wash, rinse, repeat once I've regenned.

Worst part is, I'm conceited/arrogant/naive?/dumb? enough to think that I'm a decent roleplayer.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Quote from: Fredd on August 04, 2010, 01:37:54 PM

I cried my eyes out when my second character died.  I haven't reacted quite that badly since.  She was quietly spice-addicted and woke up (logged in) rolled over on her bedroll to take her morning snort and *beep* -Mantishead.  I'd played her for almost three years.  Was a serious bummer.

What killed her?

That last snort of spice. ;)  I don't think I was even on for two minutes, but she'd obvious accumulated quite a bit in her system.  I don't know if spice is like the drunk code now, where your drunk level decreases when you're offline, but I can tell you that back then, neither did.  *chuckle*

Quote from: RedKingsBreaker on August 04, 2010, 01:43:53 PM

I cried my eyes out when my second character died.  I haven't reacted quite that badly since.  She was quietly spice-addicted and woke up (logged in) rolled over on her bedroll to take her morning snort and *beep* -Mantishead.  I'd played her for almost three years.  Was a serious bummer.

What killed her?

That last snort of spice. ;)  I don't think I was even on for two minutes, but she'd obvious accumulated quite a bit in her system.  I don't know if spice is like the drunk code now, where your drunk level decreases when you're offline, but I can tell you that back then, neither did.  *chuckle*

HAHA Wow. This is the first OD I heard of.  You get a thumbs up from me. You're awesome.

Quote from: Fredd on August 04, 2010, 01:45:18 PM
Quote from: RedKingsBreaker on August 04, 2010, 01:43:53 PM

What killed her?

HAHA Wow. This is the first OD I heard of.  You get a thumbs up from me. You're awesome.

Well thank you.  I was quite upset at the time, but decided it was a respectable death for her.  She'd been snorting that shit for IG years and years.