Shame (the opposite of bragging)

Started by Halcyon, August 03, 2008, 02:54:48 AM

The Mantis Head itself jumped out and bit me in the neck for grievous damage before I could say WTFSRSLY.
Quote from: Return of the King (1980)
It's so easy not to try,
Let the world go drifting by--
If you never say, "Hello,"
You won't have to say, "Good Bye."

I fell in a chasm, got attacked by a carru, climbed out of the chasm, and then fell in again ):
This was after talking two dives off of the shield wall.
Our teeth and ambitions are bared.

One of my best pcs ever got carrued when I stopped on the North Road to Bio.

Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I got carrued when I decided to travel to Tuluk from Luirs to seek my fortune there. On foot. It was pretty cool, actually, in hindsight.

The closest I've come to being carru'd was hunting with a PC while totally plastered (bad idea), failing charge (worse idea) and getting spam bashed three rooms away from said mount after said failing while being drunk (ICly, only). Didn't die, though, and I killed that carru dead. Is that shame or a brag?
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

*Fist shake* Carruuus!
Wow, that's pretty awesome, Spice.
Our teeth and ambitions are bared.

Quote from: ILoveDawley on July 29, 2010, 06:42:20 PM
*Fist shake* Carruuus!
Wow, that's pretty awesome, Spice.

It was, I totally got what I deserved. To this day, I love nothing more than a good carru steak ;).

Very shortly after my most-beloved-ever character was randomly and brutally slain, I created:

Amos
Short Desc: the tall, muscular man
Description:
Suk-Krath's rays have dealt harshly with this sunbaked human male; the natural bronzy color of his skin can be seen only on those bits of him that see the least of their fury.  Elsewhere, he is baked to a deep, occasionally peeling, mahogany.  Black eyes and a shock of straight, coffee-hued hair complete his dark palette, atop a lean, ropey frame that bears many scars. 

And I headed up to Allanak to hack obsidian, because that's the only way I know how to make money in Armageddon MUD.  The following events are absolutely true and unembellished.

The burning red sun rises high into the burning red sky, burning everything red.

Rolling Dunes [NSEWU]
Burning red sand stretches into the burning red horizon as far as your burning red
eyes can see. The bones and tears of a thousand puny grebbers lie scattered about,
burning to red chalk beneath Suk-Krath's fury.
A large deposit of obsidian rears its ugly head from beneath the shifting sands.
A large chunk of obsidian lies here.
A small chunk of obsidian lies here.

> use hacker deposit
You swing at a large obsidian deposit and miss.

The tall, dark figure in a tall, dark sandcloth stormcloak has arrived from the east, riding a tall, dark war beetle.

> use hacker deposit
You swing at a large obsidian deposit and miss.

> use hacker deposit
A large obsidian deposit meets your swing and knocks YOU down.

The tall, dark figure in a tall, dark sandcloth stormcloak says, out of character
   "Ahahaaaa where's malik?"

You say, sitting sprawled in the sand, in sirihish,
  "Ain't seen no Maliks today."
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

My Malik got set on fire in the Gaj, rescued a Byn Sarge, then got carrued a week later.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I've never been unintentionally carrued.

My Malik and Amos stories were both seriously underwhelming. :(

Don't mean to sound like a noob, but what does carrued mean? Killed by a carru, or some shockingly debased, yet comedic and painful death to a beloved pc?
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

I've been tarantula'd with my first PC, but otherwise never died to any wilderness critter.

I play sissy city sitter PCs.  :-[ I know exactly if I played a true outdoorsy type, I'd die to something random and stupid at under 5 days played.

Quote from: Scarecrow on July 31, 2010, 05:05:45 AM
Killed by a carru, or some shockingly debased, yet comedic and painful death to a beloved pc?
Both at the same time. Carruzilla roams the lands looking for loved-lived PCs to charge still. You have been warned.

With a shadow coming over you, the enormous, golden-furred carru arrives from the west.
the enormous, golden-furred carru says, in an LoLcat accent, in sirihish:
   "hai, i keel u ready onot hear i"
the enormous, golden-furred carru's gore does an >UNCODED< amount of damage to your face!
Quote from: Return of the King (1980)
It's so easy not to try,
Let the world go drifting by--
If you never say, "Hello,"
You won't have to say, "Good Bye."

They're not that bad, much worse things about, they just move around alot and theres alot of them. I wouldn't have thought they're any danger to an experienced character- unless your drunk or unbelievabley encumbered.

Quote from: Thunderboots on July 31, 2010, 12:11:58 PM
They're not that bad, much worse things about, they just move around alot and theres alot of them. I wouldn't have thought they're any danger to an experienced character- unless your drunk or unbelievabley encumbered.

You've obviously never encountered the random triple-charge KO.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

What do you mean? I meant one of them not three, if you're fighting three then your fucked, unless your character really is experienced.

- or your a dwarf warrior

Died with my favorite ever character because I went kryl hunting, in a rage for IG reasons, killed four, snapped my greatsword, killed the last one with my skinning knife, all of which is probably brag, but then realised I'd been poisoned by skelebain, attacked my inix (with my skinning knife), and then chose not to flee because i wanted to see if I could win  ;D , it was close, but I didn't.

Thunderboots, he's not talking about 3 carru.  He's talking about 1 carru that charges, knocks you around, does it again almost immediately and then does it a third time almost immediately too.  Your character could easily be so unconscious he'll never wake up after that, especially if he goes over the side of a cliff.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Yeah. I thought he might have meant that after I'd posted. It must suck being owned by that.

Quote from: spawnloser on July 31, 2010, 12:27:43 PM
Thunderboots, he's not talking about 3 carru.  He's talking about 1 carru that charges, knocks you around, does it again almost immediately and then does it a third time almost immediately too.  Your character could easily be so unconscious he'll never wake up after that, especially if he goes over the side of a cliff.

I suddenly feel alot less like Carru hunting.....

lol
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

I've only ever faced one Carru, and my character was pretty much the wind with a spear when mounted. Never got charged :-\
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Those carru sound scary. Thank you for the warning. We should make more carru hide things, to teach them a lesson and avenge our dead beloved characters.
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

Carru are like moose on PCP.  They're no super-beings, but you'd better be concerned and alert when they're nearby.  That's all.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.