Shame (the opposite of bragging)

Started by Halcyon, August 03, 2008, 02:54:48 AM

April 15, 2010, 06:03:55 AM #250 Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 06:05:28 AM by Reiloth
once had the best bard character in Tuluk.

Also went AFK outside of Tuluk, two rooms away from the gate, so Delerak could kill me.

EDIT:

Not on purpose!!!! Also where is my super uber custom instrument! Lost in a crash, I say.

Double Edit:

I am drunk. Nothing more shameful than that (And by shameful I mean awesome until work occurs.)
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

OMG! I just remembered the biggest GDB shame ever. I once got home drunk when I was about 14 or so and made a thread on the GDB about underage drinking in which I typed drunkenly. I remembered I did it but was too ashamed to ever view the thread again. I think I even changed my GDB account name...Could be where this name came from. It all happened on my very first intro to armageddon. I wasn't quite ready for it and so left to come back a year or two later.

I wonder if anybody here knows the thread I'm talking about...I think it got a few pages.
Free your hate.

I lost a character because I decided to combat RP with a tarantula instead of, you know, running.  This happened a room away from the gates of Allanak.  And the sad thing is, there weren't even any other PCs around to combat RP for!
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

Quote from: Reiloth on April 15, 2010, 06:03:55 AM

Lies.

:)

The best bard... oh boy.  Not you though!

(oh yeah, how harsh am I now that I'm old and jaded?)

One hour.

[insert scary color here] Spots.

Hopefully that is just vague enough to constitute no IC info.

I'm embarrassed.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Quote from: marko on April 20, 2010, 01:40:57 AM
Quote from: Reiloth on April 15, 2010, 06:03:55 AM

Lies.

:)

The best bard... oh boy.  Not you though!

(oh yeah, how harsh am I now that I'm old and jaded?)

holten was boring dude.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

On Cockroaches:
Quote from: perfecto on April 28, 2010, 04:36:09 PM
Nah.. just the little dead ones you find when your hanging out in jail for months at a time..

My first character was a burglar who spent four days, IRL, in jail, for his first theft. I kept wishing up that they would animate a templar and get me out. By day three, I started trying to eat all the cockroaches, hoping to piss off the staff (I was a lot more spiteful of a player then), and perhaps kill my character by some sort of disease. I also contemplated wishing, "I'm eating cockroaches... this can't be healthy..." On day four, I finally got a PC templar to come, and in the end, his goons killed me. I feel like an idiot, looking back on it.
-Kuh

Years ago had an Elkrosian or whatever they're called...Made an alias that would emote energy crackling to life around me, surging into the air etc etc so that I could bust that out before a spell in hasty combat situations. Admittedly, I forgot about the alias only to mistype on a character in a completely inappropriate situation. Got me some VERY strange looks.

ooc You didn't see nothin'!
Free your hate.

I only have one time when i felt bad playing on arm.

I was on like a second pc, back ages ago, maybe 03 or so.  I was still pretty much a Newb to ARM but had been playing other RPI's for a while.  I had a guard that was in one of the noble houses that has a great disdain for halfers.  The newb i was, didnt even know that and hadnt even read the board to even try to find out more background on the house.  Anyway, he starts befriending this half-elf and time and again he hears remarks from others about how he shouldnt.  The next thing i know my pc is ordered to bring other said pc back to the compound.  Knowing full well what was about to happen, i lie to this other pc and bring t hem back to the compound where i am forced to kill them.  I think i retired that pc and quit for like 4 years after that. 

Thinking back on it, i dont know why that bothered me so much, considering how easy it is to die here.  After reading some of these i dont feel so bad anymore :)

June 08, 2010, 11:05:05 PM #259 Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 11:06:40 PM by Barzalene
Quote from: Lythaniel on June 08, 2010, 05:49:48 PM

I was on like a second pc, back ages ago, maybe 03 or so.  I was still pretty much a Newb to ARM but had been playing other RPI's for a while.  I had a guard that was in one of the noble houses that has a great disdain for halfers.  The newb i was, didnt even know that and hadnt even read the board to even try to find out more background on the house.  Anyway, he starts befriending this half-elf and time and again he hears remarks from others about how he shouldnt.  The next thing i know my pc is ordered to bring other said pc back to the compound.  Knowing full well what was about to happen, i lie to this other pc and bring t hem back to the compound where i am forced to kill them.  I think i retired that pc and quit for like 4 years after that.  

Thinking back on it, i dont know why that bothered me so much, considering how easy it is to die here.  After reading some of these i dont feel so bad anymore :)

I was telling someone from another rpi about that the other day. I didn't remember that they killed her. I thought they just brutalized her.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Barzalene on June 08, 2010, 11:05:05 PM
Quote from: Lythaniel on June 08, 2010, 05:49:48 PM

I was on like a second pc, back ages ago, maybe 03 or so.  I was still pretty much a Newb to ARM but had been playing other RPI's for a while.  I had a guard that was in one of the noble houses that has a great disdain for halfers.  The newb i was, didnt even know that and hadnt even read the board to even try to find out more background on the house.  Anyway, he starts befriending this half-elf and time and again he hears remarks from others about how he shouldnt.  The next thing i know my pc is ordered to bring other said pc back to the compound.  Knowing full well what was about to happen, i lie to this other pc and bring t hem back to the compound where i am forced to kill them.  I think i retired that pc and quit for like 4 years after that.  

Thinking back on it, i dont know why that bothered me so much, considering how easy it is to die here.  After reading some of these i dont feel so bad anymore :)

I was telling someone from another rpi about that the other day. I didn't remember that they killed her. I thought they just brutalized her.

I know within the same house, there have been multiple times it's happened.  When i played that pc years ago, he had to deliver the killing blow or be killed, if i recall correctly.  It has been years, i think i quit shortly after that and only recently returned a few months ago.

charge siltflyer

:-\
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Here, have a pinch of salt. Always best to stick to the 1 year post-death-post rule (which I'm sure you're aware of). It's just too easy to glean quite a lot of important information for something as seemingly innocent as your post, MeTekillot. I don't really want to draw attention to it but I guess it's already out there: you said still and you said since. That's some serious information if you think about it. No worries though, Ginka's still running (probably the point where someone tells me the game switched server).

Back on the rails! I once back stabbed someone in the dark whilst holding a torch. I'm sorry, I was new!!! :P

I moderated some posts here. Don't discuss things that happened to your character if it is not past the 1 year mark (if it is past that mark and your character is still alive, do not discuss that either).  Thanks!
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Picture a Sun Runner, out for a hunt.  Sun Runner spots a skeet, and goes to kill it.  Another skeet that was a room away runs in and jumps on the Sun Runner for trying to kill its buddy.  The two skeet proceed to get the better of the Sun Runner, who takes off running with both skeet in hot persuit.  Sun Runner is hopped up on adrenaline and not paying 100% attention to where she was going, and falls into a sinkhole.  The only thing that kept her from being killed on impact was that she managed to grab hold of the side and keep herself from falling.  As if that wasn't enough, the Sun Runner starts getting thirsty while catching her breath so that she can run home, and all she has with her is water.  She never, ever told anyone about that horrible day.
Someone says, out of character:
     "Mmm, brainz."

That's cool rp, IC shame.

I had a Sun Runner who drank water like a fish.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on June 25, 2010, 10:58:19 AM
so long as "I like my women like I like my coffee" lines meant instant storage, I wouldn't mind.

Also, what we do have needs a better 'sip' descriptor, lol.

"That tastes like ordinary coffee."

BUT COFFEE ISN'T ORDINARY!

One time my first gemmer was playing around with a flashy, magickal doodad and I assessed it. When it returned "you notice nothing unusual about [a very unusual thing.]" I bugged it as a real knee-slapper of a joke (that's what iso play does to me, folks). Almost -immediately-, Nyr or Morgenes or someone sent me an email explaining the code situation in all seriousness. I felt like a total douchebag for wasting their time.  :-[
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

July 24, 2010, 05:05:18 PM #268 Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 05:11:44 PM by Thunderboots
With my first ever magicker I was exstatic about learning some new spells, so figured I'd work out how to RP it, he got tanked by a bahamet in the min or so  I was looking over the GDB.  ;D

Quote from: Thunderboots on July 24, 2010, 05:05:18 PM
some IC info that will probably be edited soon

Don't maximize windows.  Always have at least one or two inches of the left side of your client peeking out at you, and you can at least see when something is happening and can easily click back over.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

*sigh*, never making that mistake again. Oh well, it kind of funny  ;D

Every time I have tried playing a whirran, I died before he could XXX or become XXXXXXXXXX.
:(
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

i once typed kick person in a bar fight

I had a hard core assassin pc... that died to a one legged npc...was killed by a crutch. A CRUTCH!
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Quote from: Fredd on July 26, 2010, 10:40:59 PM
I had a hard core assassin pc... that died to a one legged npc...was killed by a crutch. A CRUTCH!

That fellow has quite the body count... I assure you.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC