Shame (the opposite of bragging)

Started by Halcyon, August 03, 2008, 02:54:48 AM

Quote from: adriannetwork on October 16, 2014, 07:23:08 AM
So I make a request for my account notes and at the same time to be 'fun' did the following:

QuoteRequest Declined:

Adriannetwork,

It's not appropriate to send kudos to yourself. Please don't do this.

Your Player Kudos request has been resolved.

Talia
Storyteller
Armageddon Staff

It was then added it to my account notes. DAMNIT!

That backfired. hahaha

I actually laughed at this. Loudly. Loudly enough that my sleeping cat fled the room.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

So I make a request for my account notes and at the same time to be 'fun' did the following:

QuoteRequest Declined:

Adriannetwork,

It's not appropriate to send kudos to yourself. Please don't do this.

Your Player Kudos request has been resolved.

Talia
Storyteller
Armageddon Staff

That backfired. hahaha

OMG, I loved this, LOVED it, then I got mad at myself for not trying it first.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

That backfired. hahaha

Just to clarify: It wasn't actually added to your account notes, I simply linked the requests because they came in at the same time.

But yeah, players, please don't do this :)
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

You should probably file a player complaint against yourself, just to get some closure.  ;)
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

When I was a newb I held up the Gaj with a crossbow in my first hour of play, and when they hauled me to the arena and executed me in front of the whole game, I repopped and started acting like I just got lucky and ran away, and then a staffer sent to me saying I was a different person now. 

I still laugh about it to this day, but it's a shamed laugh.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: LauraMars on November 04, 2014, 04:23:39 PM
When I was a newb I held up the Gaj with a crossbow in my first hour of play, and when they hauled me to the arena and executed me in front of the whole game, I repopped and started acting like I just got lucky and ran away, and then a staffer sent to me saying I was a different person now. 

I still laugh about it to this day, but it's a shamed laugh.

Man, buying a crossbow in Allanak, now THAT is some shameful behavior. That must have been like.. 3/4 of your n00b start coins right there, no wonder you had to immediately turn to a life of crime :(
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I hope you have logs of that Laura because it sounds hilarious.

Man I was such a wuss as a newbie.

Sounds like that one log in submissions.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Where one of the would-be victims stood up, drew two maces, attacked the guy, chased him into the desert, asked the Gemmed for help, and then had him thrown in the Arena?

That wasn't the one, Barsook, though I do have logs I could theoretically submit when the Original Submissions tool is fixed.  Though, remember that it was pretty shameful. The funniest part was walking up to the templar that executed me and buying a merchant's token from him a couple days later.  He gave my character a hard look.

hahahah hahaha  :-[
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

THALKEN TOR. I always thought it was disrespectful, what they did with your head.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Quote from: Brytta Léofa on November 04, 2014, 05:13:21 PM
THALKEN TOR. I always thought it was disrespectful, what they did with your head.

Thanks, Brytta! But to be fair, the things Thalken planned to do with Malenthis's head would have been pretty disrespectful too.

I can't still figure out anything about combat. I've never been good at twitch games, I have the reflexes of a drugged panda being asked for sex and I easily panic.

- Once I had a Rukkian who was pretty well-branched and not so alien to fighting. Still, whenever I saw a spider in the desert I spammed 'flee' and ran away, even though the poor things weren't even able to touch me. (arachnophobia)

- I killed a clansmate because I panicked when he blacked out during sparring. I typed 'stand' and 'stop' instead of 'flee' or 'disengage' until my character punched the poor lad one last time.

- I always forget about how area-effect spells work and take on my mounts alongside my actual targets. I usually remember to dismount before charging in, I just forget to unhitch them.
Q  : Where do you piss?
Yam: On elves.
Q  : And if the area, lacks elves at the given time?
Yam: Scan.

November 05, 2014, 10:25:38 AM #1138 Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 10:31:59 AM by Fujikoma
All I'm going to say is mudsex... staff know the rest, I'm sure.

EDIT: It's been more than a year, so perhaps my worst transgression I've been a part of was when my Tuluki inked warrior knowingly kanked a gemmed breed. I was a very new player, and pursued quite stubbornly on top of that, I had NO idea. lmao
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

You know it's bad when your join a clan request comes back as this:-

QuoteRequest Granted:

[Redacted]

Well, OK, but stop dying, dude! :P

Your Join a Clan Forum request has been resolved.

Talia
Storyteller
Armageddon Staff
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

I used to fight gortoks barehanded back in 2009.

Quote from: MeTekillot on December 14, 2014, 12:19:14 AM
twink

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: bcw81 on December 14, 2014, 03:59:25 AM
Quote from: MeTekillot on December 14, 2014, 12:19:14 AM
twink

Naw, he was a dwarf with the focus of becoming a gortok. It's not his fault they're all aggro.

Favorite thread 10/10 must read.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

One of my first characters was something like a jewelry crafter subguild, and some main guild that didn't have skin. I think she was probably a breed, too.

I kept finding piles of bones outside the walls, but I couldn't do anything with them because I couldn't separate them. I randomly ran into another character and we started talking. I mentioned my dilemma, and how I really wanted to try my skills on some bones. She happened to have some and let me take a look at a couple different kinds. I was amazed when I could potentially craft something out of said bones, so I did what any normal person would do and promptly grabbed as many as I could and ran off. She pursued. We ended up running around the entire city several times over, until she either gave up or I found somewhere to hide. And then I promptly shattered all the bones when I tried to make something out of them.

I remember being so scared she was going to find me, thinking she would kill me...all over a couple pieces of bone. Pretty sure my character died a couple hours after the ordeal.

Almost all of my early character are abysmally shameful. I'd really not like to dwell on them. Many bad account notes were had :( Thankfully (at least I hope so..) I've improved.
yousuck

Gaj beetle is to strong!
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

I was saying IC that vNPC gith were attacking my vNPC tribe, and was trying to rally support for it via PC contenders in the field (Arms from Salarr, etc.). Staff told me that the gith would be able to take out my tribe, but gave me the option to, IC'ly, say I was lying. I chose to store, saying the gith took out my tribe.

All in all, it was an experience that really helped me understand the world as a player, but I still miss that character. (I stored.)

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: yousuff on December 14, 2014, 08:15:36 AM
Almost all of my early character are abysmally shameful.

Yup, me too. Can barely call them characters at all...

I don't know that I've improved as much as I've just gotten better at hiding my newbishness, though.

I probably played at least a dozen PCs before I ever "got" Armageddon. Wouldn't trade it for any other game though.
The ups are definitely worth the downs to me.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.