What # character are you on?

Started by FantasyWriter, July 04, 2008, 06:15:17 AM

What number charecter are you playing right now?

First
2nd-5th
6th-10th
11th-20th
20th-50th
way past 50
So, you people that seem to play a new character each week ... does it ever bug you that you never learn to use contact proficiently?  This would drive me nuts.  Every time I consider doing something rash in the game, I ask myself, "Do I really want to learn contact again?"

Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Heh. It drives me nuts to have to relearn contact every time. But sometimes things happen. And you find yourself waiting for that approval email. Again.

This next one will be number 72 for me.
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

I'm on my 3rd. Not bad for almost a year. I did stop playing for about 6 months, tho.
Was that the rapture!?

Quote from: vandamme on May 13, 2009, 01:31:17 AM
I'm on my 3rd. Not bad for almost a year. I did stop playing for about 6 months, tho.

Dude... I thought you fell off the face of the Earth.. good to hear otherwise.

Also glad you are still playing arm... I told you that it would rock.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Did anyone else guess (and oops vote) damn wrong before checking?

I thought I was on my 6-10th and was on my fifteenth. Guess that says something about how memorable they've been!

Thanks FW! Glad to see you're still playing too! Ive missed you guys.
Was that the rapture!?

Quote from: Northlander on May 13, 2009, 12:14:11 PM
Did anyone else guess (and oops vote) damn wrong before checking?

I thought I was on my 6-10th and was on my fifteenth. Guess that says something about how memorable they've been!

You can remove your vote and revote.

i was pretty close, but i look at my character list about ones every couple weeks or so to reminisce, but i still cant remember half of them.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: 5 day lifespan on May 11, 2009, 11:50:50 AM
Quote from: Aruven on May 11, 2009, 10:32:23 AM
Quote from: brytta.leofa on May 08, 2009, 09:12:12 PM
Quote from: Aruven on May 08, 2009, 08:38:08 PMI'm rolling on like fifty-two right now. I'd shoot myself in the face if I wasn't doing stupid, reckless thing IG.

You're making your boss' players shoot themselves in the face. :D

I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far.

http://www.freewebs.com/metroidland/smart_kraid01.jpg

Haha, did I just get roasted like that? And you fellas with 100+ characters get a fat /salute.

Hrm.. applying for #10 after playing for about three months. The last four characters have lasted me almost a week and a half.
*Sung to Simple Plan's 'I'm Just a Kid'* I'm just a noob and the desert's a nightmare. I'm just a noob and I know that you don't care. Nobody cares because I'm digging in the pit and a party is going on upstairs!

I've played for 7 RL hours and am on my first character. When I started, people said things like "Don't expect a character to last more than a few days." Did they mean in-game days, or like 72 hours? B/c 72hrs is a long time, by my watch.

18 Characters. 17 of them on this account. The elven merchant in Tuluk a few years ago was on a different one, but I forget what the info was, I think I just let that one die, heh.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: hcotterson on May 21, 2009, 01:03:16 PM
I've played for 7 RL hours and am on my first character. When I started, people said things like "Don't expect a character to last more than a few days." Did they mean in-game days, or like 72 hours? B/c 72hrs is a long time, by my watch.

When people refer to 'days' on the GDB, it's typically "days played," which is the total number of RL hours your character has been logged in to the game.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: hcotterson on May 21, 2009, 01:03:16 PM

Heh, my first character was like mid-to-high-twenties-something days played and lived for like 8 RL months (if I recall correctly). The usual is that first characters die quickly, but sometimes that's not the case.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Still alive after twelve hours...but I'm keeping my head very low. The game seems to be a lot of fun, but I'm only just starting to get the hand of navigating. Yeeeah. I suspect I'm going to die in the next few days from some sort of stupid mistake, though.

The first mistakes are always the most fun ;)
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: Glacies on May 22, 2009, 04:53:39 AM
Still alive after twelve hours...but I'm keeping my head very low. The game seems to be a lot of fun, but I'm only just starting to get the hand of navigating. Yeeeah. I suspect I'm going to die in the next few days from some sort of stupid mistake, though.

The most important things are: always make sure your hp/stamina/stun are in your prompt, and don't forget about the flee command.

Quote from: Synthesis on May 22, 2009, 05:29:23 AM
Quote from: Glacies on May 22, 2009, 04:53:39 AM

The most important things are: always make sure your hp/stamina/stun are in your prompt, and don't forget about the flee command.

..or the fact that you WILL die from starvation and dehydration.
..that often, when you're hunting the wild-life, it's hunting you back.
..Templars and Soldiers are NOT upholds of the common law.  Only their own, and the laws their supperiors give them.
..that boots are made to be taken from newbies and held onto by older characters..for a few days, until and even older character takes them away.  "There's always a bigger fish"
..that exploration is one of the surest ways of getting yourself killed.  And thinking that you're completely safe inside city walls.
..thinking that that guy offering to show you back to his apartment to give you some food/water/equipment, really is just trying to help you out, and not murder you for your boots.
..Seventy-five 'sid is NOT worth going out to bag a silt horror.
..'sid mining is NOT a sure and safe way of making coin.
..Rembering that the wild-life mentioned above lives off of a diet of newbie characters (and the occasional olderster).  Plan accordingly.
..Zalanthan raptors are master trackers, and possibly twinked out psionicists in disguise, who can track you from one end of the Known World to the other..and, mostly likely, beyond.  Anyone been able to confirm the rumors that they can walk across the surface of the Silt Sea?
..Don't drink the cleaning liquids.
..Never, ever, go anywhere near the Shield Wall while you're a member of the Byn.  It might be tradition, but it will shorten your character's life span, considerably.  Then again, having a character survive the fall and sudden stop at the end should give some sort of achievement on your account, imo.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Yeah, but mine are still the MOST important.  :P

I have F7 set to "flee self" :P
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

I'm on character #16. That averages out to around three per year, although averages would be misleading. The longest survived nearly two years, the shortest nearly two hours.

cast 'mon un GDB thread necro'
First character made in May of 2002.

38 total
1 alive
13 stored (my secret shame)
24 dead

2 pickpocket
10 warrior
4 ranger
1 burglar
2 assassin
1 merchant
2 Rukkian
3 Vivaduan
2 Drovian
3 Whiran
3 Krathi
3 Elkran
1 Nilazi
1 Jihaen templar

25 human
3 half-elf
3 dwarf
3 elf (1 city/2 delf)
2 halfling
2 half-giant

Random Observations:
-Humans FTW
-In my defense, many of those 'gickers were either stored (I played them to entertain myself while waiting for special apps/sponsored roles to go through) or died ridiculously quick (one dropped at 2 hours, another at 3, another at 4). With that said, though, it's pretty clear that I loves me some magickers.
-Of those three dwarves, two died from poison. The last was stored. Dwarven poison resistance for the lose.
-2 halflings. Anybody play more than that?
-My first ever half-giant was a magicker. Take –that-, guild-sniffers!
-Both my half-giants were stored. I feel like I –get- them, but I just don't really –like- them.
-Really need to give half-elves another go.
-Yeah, you read that right. A Jihaen from the Tuluk-hater. It was actually an enormously fun role. (though I still consider it simply training for the day I finally get me a proper Allanaki templar).
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

I have more!

Quote from: aruna on July 10, 2008, 11:41:27 PM
Okay.

#1 was publicly executed for insolence. Human warrior.  :D
#2 - 8 all died to various NPCs for stupid things, in classic newbish fashion.  I think they were all humans. :-\
#9 was murdered by a PC while link-dead. Human warrior.  :(
#10 was kidnapped by a PC and incinerated. Human assassin/bard.   :o
#11 died in the 'rinth. Elf somethingorother/scavenger.
#12 suffered some PC death I don't remember - I think on the North Road. Human warrior.
#13 was a staff-assisted suicide. Gypsy assassin/con artist.  ???
#14 was eaten by a halfling. Human whiran.  ::)
#15 was stored. Southern noble.  :-X
#16 was also stored. Northern noble.  :-X
#17 ate silt. Human warrior.  :-[
#18 yet lives! was stored.
#19 lived for a day and died in the dark, scared and alone.
#20 yet lives!

Been playing since 2001. One had a really long liver.

Quote from: Pale Horse on July 04, 2008, 10:12:02 AM
#85 in 9 years of playing.

I had a tendency to live dangerously.

Unlike aruna, I don't have more.

Still on the same one as when I first posted.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Pale Horse.... you've had that same PC since I started playing Arm.... kudos on the long life. I don't for the life of me see how you do it.

After several months as a merchant, I wind up hating all the people contacting my PC because they are taking the place of all their dead friends.

After several months of playing a ranger, I miss the merchantly crafting goodness so much.

After... well.... those are the only two guilds I've managed to get up to a few months of time played. But I'm sure the list would go on.

5DMW:

Out of 18 approved PC's, 6 of mine have been stored.

The first one, because of OOC foolishness on my part.
Three in a row after a short-lived PC I loved to death. After these, I went on hiatus because I couldn't get into a character at all.
One was stored to play a special application that was approved.
And one was stored because I made an OOC decision that caused me to become completely detached from the character. (among other things).

I wouldn't say that having many storages is something to be ashamed of nor proud of. It really just depends on the character and the reason, and kinda varies from character to character.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

I've noticed that my characters are either still living (stored) or only live up to 1 day. None of my elves were stored. :P