Taverns and Gemmers.

Started by Qzzrbl, June 24, 2008, 05:13:40 PM

Personally, I think the bouncers are the ones that take care of this...imagine them as an exaggerated case of a normal citizen getting overly drunk/belligerent. What would happen for a normal drunken merc? They would be asked to leave, and possibly a militia soldier or two asked to get involved/toss them out.

So for magickers, they will be served, but if they start looking ornery/getting really drunk and being pissy, a soldier/templar would REALLY be called early.

In my opinion, this makes the most sense ICly. OOCly, it also allows for the most interaction between PC's, gives mages chances to interact with mundanes, and if they get ornery it gives militia something to do, which is good.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: Bogre on June 25, 2008, 08:09:58 PM
Personally, I think the bouncers are the ones that take care of this...imagine them as an exaggerated case of a normal citizen getting overly drunk/belligerent. What would happen for a normal drunken merc? They would be asked to leave, and possibly a militia soldier or two asked to get involved/toss them out.

So for magickers, they will be served, but if they start looking ornery/getting really drunk and being pissy, a soldier/templar would REALLY be called early.

In my opinion, this makes the most sense ICly. OOCly, it also allows for the most interaction between PC's, gives mages chances to interact with mundanes, and if they get ornery it gives militia something to do, which is good.

I agree with this guy.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Quote from: LittleLostThief on June 25, 2008, 06:53:45 PM
Magickers are a double edged sword.  They are supposed to be hated, feared, and mistrusted, but too often characters fall into one or the other extreme and either like them too much, or hate them too much.

Allanak accepts magickers because it is a city with a large population.  Magickers crop up everywhere... especially in your family line.  It is an inevitability.

My opinions are that... any time you're in dire straights, you might see a magicker.  Be it that you are starving, dying of thirst, or dealt a mortal wound that even the most skilled physicians might balk at.  You might even see a gemmed magicker to help you deal with the paranormal... if you thought perhaps you were cursed by another of their kind.

Hate them.  Distrust them.  Fear them.  But don't completely ostracize the gemmed from the one place in the Known World that they are allowed to be -- Allanak.  Even having "negative" interactions with the populace is far preferred to having NO interactions with anyone.  Nobody wants to be stuck in a relatively tiny place (the Elemental Quarter in this example) with nothing to do, and no chance to interact with other PCs.  At times there are few gemmed in 'nak... general OOC opinion seems to be that they should keep to themselves and never leave the Quarter.  I cannot even begin to explain to you how lame this idea is.

Keep in mind that you can find clever ways to use the gemmed, all the while hating, reviling, and thinking that they could easily turn their powers towards you if you caused them enough ire.  A lot of good ideas might not even include something that they can "codedly" do, but rather delve into superstition or speculation and give a chance for some wicked roleplay.

All my opinion.

I have to completely agree if I wanted to play an isolated mage, i'd play outside the city, not choose the city where marked and could only city in on area of the city.

Amish Overlord  8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

June 26, 2008, 12:51:26 AM #28 Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 12:57:20 AM by Qzzrbl

look
A huge fucking crater [NEWS]
You're in a huge fucking crater. Splinters of wood and chunks of human remains can be seen randomly
on the ground. Ash covers everything. You could probably forage for free booze here, but you might pull
up a corpse if you look around too hard. The crater sinks about five feet into the ground. Ash covers
everything.

The scary gemmed magicker is lying, passed out on the ground, stinking of alcohol.
The corpse of a barkeeper is here.
The corpse of a common Allanaki dude is here.
Several VNPC corpses are here.

look barkeeper

You look at the corpse of a barkeeper.

Well, there's really not much to see here, 'cause you can't see the mdesc of corpses just yet. But he was pretty
freaking dumb though, wasn't he? Serving a time bomb like that alcohol. What was he thinking? That the
guards and templars would jump in and stop him in time? Hah. Idiot. I guess that what he gets for thinking
he knows dick about magick IC. Because you know.... Most commoners IG don't know the first thing about
magick, and thusly can't make assumptions like "The templars and guards will stop him in time!" And even
if the templars and militia told him that they'd take care of everything, this barkeeper was still an idiot
for not trusting in his better judgement.

Along those lines, I wish people would read the mdesc of the Gaj's most popular drink and roleplay accordingly.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Quote from: Tisiphone on June 26, 2008, 12:53:20 AM
Along those lines, I wish people would read the mdesc of the Gaj's most popular drink and roleplay accordingly.

Yeah, you'd think they'd have an echo or two for that.... But that's another thread topic.  :P

Quote from: Qzzrbl on June 26, 2008, 01:00:58 AM
Quote from: Tisiphone on June 26, 2008, 12:53:20 AM

Yeah, you'd think they'd have an echo or two for that.... But that's another thread topic.  :P

Damn, you uncovered my subtle attempt to derail this thread!
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

The gemmers need their own tavern, for rizzles.
It should be called 'The Witch's Tits'.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

The Locked Thread.
Quote from: RockScissors are fine.  Please nerf paper.