vNPCs

Started by jcljules, May 23, 2008, 06:20:15 AM

And OOCly organised raider groups are REALLY REALLY TURBO LAME

Quote from: Gimfalisette on June 23, 2008, 12:01:22 PM
No, it'll probably take a little bit more getting to know people than that, but really...why not? ARM isn't meant to be played solo. You're meant to meet other characters and create plot stuff to involve them in.

Of course not--all of my characters so far have been very social, but I've just never run across any characters in cities who I think could be convinced to go out into the sands and raid is all.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

Quote from: jcljules on June 23, 2008, 12:09:26 PM
Quote from: Gimfalisette on June 23, 2008, 12:01:22 PM
No, it'll probably take a little bit more getting to know people than that, but really...why not? ARM isn't meant to be played solo. You're meant to meet other characters and create plot stuff to involve them in.

Of course not--all of my characters so far have been very social, but I've just never run across any characters in cities who I think could be convinced to go out into the sands and raid is all.

It takes a long time to build that level of trust.  IC years, perhaps.

It's not like one day you ask your best drinking buddy to come raiding with you.  It has to progress naturally.  First you're just casual acquaintances, then drinking buddies, then maybe you help each other out finding work or materials, then maybe you go out grebbing together, then (assuming you didn't try to kill each other the first time) hunting, then killing gith, then killing elves, then before you know it you're off robbing/killing (killing is optional, though) random other grebbers with your long-time friend and partner.