Java Client

Started by Maso, April 14, 2008, 06:53:28 AM

I don't know if this is possible but I would love to see some improvements on the Java Client. The main things I would like to see changed are:

- the size of the terminal, as it stands it is relatively small and does not hold many lines of type. when you increase it in size it simply increases the font size. I find it extremely hard to play when so little is visible on the screen.

- the ability to type either on the screen or in the box. It's very confusing and it would be less jarring if you could only type in the box (it defaults to on screen typing and then makes it very messy re. telnet style)

- For either ! to work as a repeat command or preferably the abilty to press the up arrow in the enter text box to bring up the last line entered.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Maso on April 14, 2008, 06:53:28 AM
- For either ! to work as a repeat command or preferably the abilty to press the up arrow in the enter text box to bring up the last line entered.

I have to use the java client sometimes - the ! command works just fine for me. Agree with the rest about it being unwieldy but I don't expect it to be changed anytime soon.
You can't trust any bugger further than you can throw him, and there's nothing you can do about it, so let's have a drink" Dydactylos' philosophical mix of the Cynics, the Stoics and the Epicureans (Small Gods, Terry Pratchett)