10 (27%)
Make them close to d-elves!
1 (2.7%)
Make c-elves & d-elves the same!
2 (5.4%)
Let 'em ride mounts!
4 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Your logic throws me into a fit of rage, whereupon brightly hued blood begins to spurt from my eye sockets.  :D

Seriously though... Can some various Elves start breeding so we can answer the question of whether being a Desert Elf is nature or nurture?
Quote from: Wish

Don't think you're having all the fun...
You know me, I hate everyone!

Wish there was something real!
Wish there was something true!
Wish there was something real,
in this world full of YOU!

Quote from: Synthesis on April 16, 2008, 11:56:13 PM
Drizzt Do'Urden

Lol.....I agree....
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

Quote from: Synthesis on April 16, 2008, 10:37:24 PM
Think of it like greyhounds and basset hounds:  yeah, they could probably hump and make greybass hounds, but the fact that they can do so in no way implies that even the fastest basset hound could ever run as fast as the most piss-poor, malnourished greyhound there ever was.

The fact that two sets share some common properties does not imply that both sets must therefore share all properties in common.  It's basic logic, folks.  (Remember those Venn diagrams they had you drawing up, and you were all like, "WTF, this is fucking stupid?")

Further, the "pop-culture evolution" nonsense is so bad I'm not even going to comment further on it.

But aren't grey hounds and basset hounds two different species? I would think that analogy is more akin to comparing humans and elves than desert elves and city elves.

But I'm just playing devil's adovcate a little.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Yeah the dog thing doesn't really apply, it's more like eskimo's and egyptians.  Both human.  But eskimo's have adapted to life in the freezing tundra.  Egyptians to the desert wastes. 

/derail of own thread
Now all we need is a funny neighbor and an obnoxious landlord and we got a sitcom.
/derail

They are both human, same genetics.  Just they aren't going to be enjoying or be able to handle being in each others environment.  That's life.  You can become acclimatized to the environment.  But you can't suddenly gain the ability to run marathons.  Took me 2 and a half years before I could run 26 miles.  And I'll tell you.  I don't want to do it again.  That sucked. 

But if you do it every day, all your life, your cool with it, it isn't no thing.  City elves, have gained the knowledge and street smarts of living the streets.  Desert elves have gained the ability to survive in the deserts and become sorta one with them.  That's the way of it I see it.  It's not evolution.  It's Eskimos and Egyptians.
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

Quote from: musashi on April 17, 2008, 10:03:54 AM
But aren't grey hounds and basset hounds two different species? I would think that analogy is more akin to comparing humans and elves than desert elves and city elves.

They are different BREEDS of the same species and even subspecies, canis familiaris familiaris. They can interbreed just fine.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot